Stairway to heaven? Pedestrians spooked by Bangkok footbridge covered in cables and wires

webfact

Stairway to heaven? Pedestrians spooked by Bangkok footbridge covered in cables and wires

1a.jpg

Picture: PPTV

BANGKOK: -- Pedestrians using a footbridge in northern Bangkok are claiming their lives could be at risk.

The footbridge across from Kasetsart University is connected to dozens of cables and wires, reported PPTV.

Many pedestrians are refusing to touch the handrails and others are thinking better of using the bridge at all.

PPTV carried out an investigation and asked members of the public and experts their opinions.

Most pedestrians felt at least uneasy about using the bridge. One man said he would not touch the handrail but while he felt ok about that he worried about others who might not be so vigilant.

A student said that in her opinion they are wires and so they could short.

One man said he uses the bridge everyday and said that the number of wires was increasing.

An expert said that most of the wires were fiber optic that could not short. But he cautioned that some of the cables were held up with other wires and these could be dangerous.

PPTV asked for immediate action from the authorities to determine if the bridge was safe and if not to act promptly to ensure that members of the public were protected.

Source: PPTV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-10

Me it makes me smile and it rests me of the madness where everything must be perfectly inspected and regulated under the control of the nany state. I don't say I am right but that it makes me smile not grumbling...nuance :smile:

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

Perhaps Bill Gates could tweet about this bridge, then all pedestrians would insist it is safe. :coffee1:

Bill Gates's flavor of the day comments have come and gone and now it is back to operation normal well normal for Thailand. Comeback Bill Gates comeback. Your work is not yet done. 

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's all good, Ma pen Rai, they just waiting for a tragedy to happened and a loss of

life or limbs before they act, why fix it if it ain't broken?....

Yes a sacrificial lamb is always required to get he rusty wheels of justice moving. 

Frankly I'd be more worried about the lack of grounding of electrical shower heaters. Many deaths and disfigurements from those. My ex German girlfriend burned off her entire hand in such a shower, and many of the BKK hotel showers aren't wired to prevent electrocution, especially the older buildings, where that wasn't even part of the original design spec. I don't turn on the heater in mine.