Tony Kenway murdered in Pattaya over 8 million baht debt, say Thai police

webfact

1 hour ago, Factfinding said:

Yes, that Eddie Jordan from Ireland. Do not think for a minute he made his first fortune legally. But he was clever. Especially in those days.

He started his career as a bank clerk and accountant before he went into F1 racing, so I suppose it's possible.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IslandLover said:

He started his career as a bank clerk and accountant before he went into F1 racing, so I suppose it's possible.

Look at Wikipedia period end '80 - beginning '90: he started with a poor financial record a racing team. There you go. Toby is my age around 55. He was at learning school back then.

4 minutes ago, AmericanSafety said:

This is not all that uncommon from where I come from in the States.

Usually a case of know who you are dealing with.

And if one is to scam others, be seriously damn sure you know who they are.

I personally never understood phone scam. If you do not like it hang up. But in other countries it seems common to accept pressure and sales arguments with an unknow guy and sign for it.

11 minutes ago, Factfinding said:

I personally never understood phone scam. If you do not like it hang up. But in other countries it seems common to accept pressure and sales arguments with an unknow guy and sign for it.

But, the pyramid scheme early victims are often the best marketers...that's how you get entire church congregations or country clubs as participants.  The people in early are actually seeing the returns,,at least paper.......they will sit at the bars telling you about their 9% returns using their "" money manager" .......often times with zero finance experience themselves....wire money to Hong Kong?  Sure.....but most of these clowns in LOS are pure cold calling boiler rooms.  Watch American Greed on CNBC.....the same scams are repeated around the globe every day. 

4 hours ago, Factfinding said:

And most criminal of him + suspect; they create children like business as usual. Not having the dignity to make some future plan and try to stick and support the kids as long as possible. No, just follow the freakin' <deleted>...in' money. I condemn them for that. Being a father.

Me too. I would rather be missing some bath now and then, than being a bad person that doesn´t think about the consequences and risks regarding my behaviour. Also a father.

11 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

Now he can't pay it back.

kenway had his chances to pay him back several times he was just mugging the guy off. well done to that man pat him on the back. kenway wont be mugging anyone else off now,i bet kenway would wish he paid the man back. could do with a few more guys that dont mess around.

Never can understand the notion of killing someone because they have dudded you. It means that you have given up any possibility of getting your money back.

It's a bit like that old bogey trotted out by rednecks  "better dead than red". That was always about refusing the lessons of history - work on change and it'll eventually come about.

In this case though there has to be a lot more to the story than just money.

25 minutes ago, catman20 said:

kenway had his chances to pay him back several times he was just mugging the guy off. well done to that man pat him on the back. kenway wont be mugging anyone else off now,i bet kenway would wish he paid the man back. could do with a few more guys that dont mess around.

There seems to an odd willingness on this thread to accept that Kenway got what he deserved and that is murder was an acceptable conclusion to his dealings.

Too few seem to give due regard to the rule of law and seem to think that small time crooks can be extinguished 'mafia style' rather than seek recourse through legal remedies.

4 minutes ago, catman20 said:

But he did mess around he got a couple of fools to bump him off live on TV for the whole world to see, then obviously mouthed off to everyone that he was behind it and now he's going to HMP.

Bunch of thieving  ####s the lot of them. Unfortunate them and the little bum lickers who follow them weren't drowned at birth.

48 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

There seems to an odd willingness on this thread to accept that Kenway got what he deserved and that is murder was an acceptable conclusion to his dealings.

Too few seem to give due regard to the rule of law and seem to think that small time crooks can be extinguished 'mafia style' rather than seek recourse through legal remedies.

Legal remedies in Thailand? The longer i live here the more i understand self justice.

Kenway must have been given an ultimatum by Toby i.e. pay up or die , so was it a case of wouldnt or couldnt ?  I am also surmising that the debt was probably known to all within their fraternity and the loss of 8million  was second to the reputation of Toby , his standing and notoriety . The surprise for me is the Thai police investigation who appear to have got to the bottom of all this apart from the 2 assassins who somehow avoided arrest . Or am I being naive  

7 hours ago, Lannig said:

"Justice served"? how can an execution be called justice in any part of the civilized world? 

He might well have been a scumbag, but nothing justifies extrajudicial killings by rent-a-killer low forms of life.

You think the Thai police could care about farangs being ripped off by a farang ? It was for good a reason that he only targeted farangs and not Thai's. I can think of 8 million reasons why he deserved to meet his maker. If the judiciary wont do their job you have to do it yourself.

I was asking myself the same thing reading through this and related threads. Justice is served in the court of law, not by shooting someone. I fully understand that a criminal would never take another criminal to court because he might end up in jail as well, but saying this "out of court settlement" equals justice is a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

where money is concerned the authorities here and in the uk say its civil case 99% of the time and you get no where that route I KNOW. if i had the balls thats the way id deal with it also.

18 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You think the Thai police could care about farangs being ripped off by a farang ? It was for good a reason that he only targeted farangs and not Thai's. I can think of 8 million reasons why he deserved to meet his maker. If the judiciary wont do their job you have to do it yourself.

couldn't agree more mate. well said!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Factfinding said:

if it sounds too good to be true it normally is, all these old sayings they been around for years, i think theirs a lot of truth is all the old sayings they dont make um up for nothing.

7 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

where did you obtain these photos?, did he not own the car outright?

Fake it till you make it. 

The car must have been in his wife's name if he financed it since he didn't have a work permit from my understanding. 

Let's see if it gets repo'd or if one of his (ex-)business partners takes care of his family affairs and supplies them with a monthly income.. 

43 minutes ago, catman20 said:

if it sounds too good to be true it normally is, all these old sayings they been around for years, i think theirs a lot of truth is all the old sayings they dont make um up for nothing.

The scam just works because 99% of the population is plain stupid. The new generation is even worse. 

Pre-IPO Uber shares? Sign me up! 

Edited by JerryinTH