where is true super speed fiber supported?

pete66

You will need to contact True to get the bestanswer.  Plus anytime an internet service provider has a website showing where it has service it's probably outdated.

I remember from almost 6 years ago when signing up for True DOCSIS/cable (part of what True now calls SuperSpeed Fibrer) they had an webpage showing were the coverage was but it never identified my moobaan here in Bangkok. Only after about 6 months "after I had True DOCSIS/cable installed" did True website start showing my moobaan as a coverage area.

Keep in mind the True's SuperSpeed Fiber can really be either Fiber Optics, DOCSIS/cable, or even VDSL.   SuperSpeed Fiber is just True's "marketing name" for their high speed plans and they are not lying by using the "fiber" word in the name since fiber optics will be "part of the connection" between your residence and the  True head-end/servers....that is, the main trunk line upstream will be fiber although the "last mile/x-meters" running to your residence may be copper cable as in DOCSIS or VDSL.

Note: I'm no longer with True as I changed to AIS Fibre mid last year.

4 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Does it matter what its made up of as long as the speed is delivered? We're on 35/6 mbps for 599THB/m from True and the speeds never drop off.

Speed tests to what locations?   Domestic or international?   Sure, the domestic speed will always be 35/6...that's easy.  But international speed is a different story and IMO has been a weakness of True (and I was a 5 year customer).

Does it matter what it's made up as long as the speed is delivered?  No, IMO.  However, the advertising is somewhat misleading because by putting "fiber" in the name that implies its fiber optics....all fiber optics (which it may not be).  I think in most people minds when they hear "fiber" or "fiber optics" they automatically thing "fast" speed.    While the fiber optics portion may be fast the remaining portion....the copper portion...the last mile so to speak may have speed challenges.   You also have user ratios to deal with among the different systems.   And in mixed/hybrid  systems (i.e., part fiber, part copper) the head-end/servers/converters setup can be different which can impact speed in various ways.   But no, as long as you get good speed (domestic and international) with reliability it does not make a difference.

OP,

Here's the True weblink to check for DOCSIS (cable) or xDSL coverage.  Same pages I referred to earlier as being out of date years ago when I used it to see if they had DOCSIS coverage for my moobaan.   And unfortunately the weblink is Thai language only even when clicking the English language selection...you will need to have a real time browser translator running like Google Translate to make the Thai turn into kinda understandable English.

Back then they didn't call their plan SuperSpeedFiber....that called int Ultra Hi-Speed.   They also had another name along the way to their current name, but I forget what it was.  True, as most ISPs, is always renaming/remarketing their products with new names.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/news/cms-static-page-about-us/entry/948?ln=en