"Outdated" Thai police getting new guns to keep up with the bad guys

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, starky said:

What happened to 150 000  Sigs that they were getting not long ago  that was approved by the ministry and signed off on by Mr. P which we're even going for a cheap price and even subsidies available for those that couldn't afford them. Or was that another one of those rorts that never happened and of which we can not speak. Or maybe that all got sold off through other channels?

Still waiting well after ours was paid for over a year ago so a refund was asked and given no interest paid back of course. Someone made a nice packet out of that deal !

"Now they hope to look more CSI than RTP"

Really ?  A new gun will achieve that ?  How about better pay, no working on the side for conglomerates and ethics; no bribes, no cheating on exams.

Did anyone think to consult the 12 year gun smith in Chiang Mai ?  Her opinion would be most important as to the maintenance of the weapon. 

Also, what will they do with old guns.  When Royal Hong Kong Police department got ride of their six shooters, they went for a lot of money.  Not sure of the RTP ones would be as sought after. 

36 minutes ago, fordguy61mi said:

I'd like to see these ".38" semi-autos. They probably mean 9mm. Whoever wrote this knows zilch about guns. I hope the police know more. Hard to believe they're still using wheel guns.

When these people dont know how to maintain a firearm a wheelgun is by far a better option and yes the Sigs are 9mm oh dear they can't even get the facts right !

The standard issue may be a 6 shot .38 revolver, but a lot of cops purchase their own semi-auto pistols with significantly larger magazine capacities.  But, I'm sure they'll be happy to get the new weaponry.  That's a Glock Gen 4 in the video although not sure of the model.  If they are shooting .38 that I'd guess what they are purchasing is either the G25 or G28 manufactured for Law Enforcement that is cambered for the .380 semi-auto cartridge.

Edited by connda

1 minute ago, Nice Boyd said:

And where all there old guns , Go , sold in Moobaan to punks , gangsters, you watch gun violence will go up, like nobody's business, all guns should be turned in and Melted Down

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I agree.  Let's start in the Middle East and Africa were the real carnage is happening. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I hear the police have to buy their own guns. Is this true? If so, someone is going to make a fortune off of this new contract. 

Also if police doesn't have to buy themselves someone is going to make a fortune... ps.

Your picture, is that really you? You look so handsome, intelligent, soft and understanding. I feel im falling in love....

5 hours ago, JAG said:

I thought that they had bought a load of new automatic pistols last year - wasn't the deal pushed through by the previous police head honcho?

Yep. 150k Sig P320's. I believe the US Army have just adopted the Sig P320 as their new side arm. 

But Glocks are on TV. Besides which Glock may have offered a "good deal" to win the business.

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Could this mean thousands of old guns for sale on the open market?

It totally fits the Thailand 0.04 mindset where they replace mini vans with greater buses to avoid accidents. Nice side effect: now even the last road rage enthusiasts, students from rival gangs, jealous husbands and notorious face losers can buy a 2nd hand gun from a reliable source.

3 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

It totally fits the Thailand 0.04 mindset where they replace mini vans with greater buses to avoid accidents. Nice side effect: now even the last road rage enthusiasts, students from rival gangs, jealous husbands and notorious face losers can buy a 2nd hand gun from a reliable source.

Never mind all those mini vans hitting the market.

6 hours ago, starky said:

What happened to 150 000  Sigs that they were getting not long ago  that was approved by the ministry and signed off on by Mr. P which we're even going for a cheap price and even subsidies available for those that couldn't afford them. Or was that another one of those rorts that never happened and of which we can not speak. Or maybe that all got sold off through other channels?

You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight! 15 rounds are no better than none at all if you can't hit your target! What happened to the Sigs? They're really good pistols, used by special ops around the world? Maybe the salesman for the Glockenspeil 17/19 offered a "good" deal??? :smile::wai:

My wife use to be a Small arms instructor for the Police in Samut Prakan,  A 6 shooter was unheard of. The last one she   altered had 17  in the magazine clip. And it was a 45. also most police have to buy there Guns, so what will they buy with there paltry monthly pay,

6 hours ago, JAG said:

I thought that they had bought a load of new automatic pistols last year - wasn't the deal pushed through by the previous police head honcho?

I didn't hear anything about automatic pistols.  However, I did hear something about semi-automatic pistols.

5 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Yes, good news and just think Duangchalerm son of the Thai politician  Chalerm Yubamrung, who, as head firearms instructor at the Thai Royal Police Academy,  is going to train these policemen to use their new toy (once they figure out which ammunition to use since the US Glock Website states that the Glock 17 is 9mm only)

He has plenty of experience since he beat the rap for shooting a RTP undercover officers in a bar fight in Nov of 2001.  He escaped to Malaysia and eventually returned and was acquitted after all the witnesses suffered significant memory losses

Even was promoted since the Army did not feel his stay in Malaysia constituted desertion and was "laterally" transferred to the RTP 

And people wonder Who's your daddy 

Yes, I remember everything,...TIT......only in Thailand !?!?

20 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

My wife use to be a Small arms instructor for the Police in Samut Prakan,  A 6 shooter was unheard of. The last one she   altered had 17  in the magazine clip. And it was a 45. also most police have to buy there Guns, so what will they buy with there paltry monthly pay,

A lot of modern semi-auto pistols can hold 16 rounds in the magazine with one up the spout for a total of 17.  Shooting in local service pistol competition, I like using the Glock 17, 9mm.  But there are a lot of nice pistols.  For fun...I like the black powder Sturm-Ruger "Old Army" stainless steel .45 cap and ball revolver.