NACC suspends inquiry into Prayut's nephew

webfact

They stepped down after the street protest.. the coup came later after they stepped down.  (she was only a caretaker PM)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/07/thai-prime-minister-yingluck-shinawatra-steps-down

No, they called an election. That is altogether a different thing to "stepping down " which rather implies that they handed power to others.

That the election was blocked, creating the circumstances which led to the coup is another matter - experience tells many of us that there's no point in raising that matter with you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that the junta PM follow this case intensely and order that the NACC to keep the public up to date maintaining the same standard as with the G2G case. This has immense public interest and will erase suspicion of different standard being used dealing with corruption. Keeping my fingers crossed but not hopeful. 

35 minutes ago, JAG said:

No, they called an election. That is altogether a different thing to "stepping down " which rather implies that they handed power to others.

That the election was blocked, creating the circumstances which led to the coup is another matter - experience tells many of us that there's no point in raising that matter with you.

No there is not.. she stepped down after street protests, and even the guardian called it stepped down.. ahh JAG we just see things differently and yes she called for a election after huge street protests in BKK.

She was not removed by a coup.. but stepped down because of the street protests and then later the army came to power but at that time she was no longer a PM and was certainly NOT removed by the army. 

Edited by robblok

"...The NACC is known for its lengthy effort in processing complaints from the public and a lack of high-profile successes..."

Sadly for Thai people, as is the case with so many of their "Public" institutions, they have a corruption watchdog with a history of NONACCOMPLISHMENT !!!

It's time somebody woke up.

watchdog.jpg

1 minute ago, waldroj said:

"...The NACC is known for its lengthy effort in processing complaints from the public and a lack of high-profile successes..."

Sadly for Thai people, as is the case with so many of their "Public" institutions, they have a corruption watchdog with a history of NONACCOMPLISHMENT !!!

It's time somebody woke up.

watchdog.jpg

Your quite right about the NACC not having had many successes.. not sure where i read it (bangkok post or the nation recently). But it was far from impressive and the time it took for some cases .. totally crazy. They should do something about their efficiency. I am no expert but the only thing I could say in their defense is that it might be the Thai judicial system that is holding them back (how slow it is). Otherwise can't think of much else. 

2 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Are any of you seriously naive enough to think that Prayuts nephew will be charged with anything whatsoever under ANY circumstances???

:cheesy: 

Agree. It won't happen. It never does. I am constantly amazed by the poker face lies that the Junta, the Police, or anybody in a position of authority are happy to tell, in front of the cameras, and expect the public to be dumb enough to swallow it. Of course they have Les majeste and the computer crimes bill to call on if anybody should be brazened enough to challenge them.

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your quite right about the NACC not having had many successes.. not sure where i read it (bangkok post or the nation recently). But it was far from impressive and the time it took for some cases .. totally crazy. They should do something about their efficiency. I am no expert but the only thing I could say in their defense is that it might be the Thai judicial system that is holding them back (how slow it is). Otherwise can't think of much else. 

Well you can't of been here for 10 years if you really cannot think of much else...... 

And you are pleasantly supposed they are even 'investigating' Prayuth's nephew.... hahaha.. cannot believe you are stooping that low, and then you actually claim there were people paid to post from Dubai!!! I mean really? You really believe that? 

Thank God there are still a few newspapers left that are willing to make the junta look bad, red or otherwise.  Of course, it doesn't take a whole lot of journalistic skill to make the junta look bad.  Prayuth's nephew will never be brought up on charges for anything.  Guaranteed!

1 hour ago, robblok said:

They stepped down after the street protest.. the coup came later after they stepped down.  (she was only a caretaker PM)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/07/thai-prime-minister-yingluck-shinawatra-steps-down

You can spin your line however you wish but in every democracy the current government assumes a caretaker role once a new election is announced and the PM remains the PM until, is, either relected or a replacement is elected by voters. "Caretaker" mode, government or PM does not reduce the authority that exists or is in place.

To suggest that a " caretaker PM" is not the current PM during the potential transition of a government is both naive and confirms a lack of undertstanding of how an election process functions and the obligations imposed on a current government to administer the country's affairs during such period.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Would have been nice but unfortunately not. There were some paid for posters active before but they had an other political vision as I had. I guess the man in Dubai pays well, unfortunately nobody pays me to post.  Maybe I should change sides.. but i guess since Robert Amsterdam stopped working for T the paid for posters became less too. So maybe nobody is paying the other side anymore either.

But if you know a place all money is welcome :partytime2:

Can we offer you payment not to post?

10 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Well you can't of been here for 10 years if you really cannot think of much else...... 

And you are pleasantly supposed they are even 'investigating' Prayuth's nephew.... hahaha.. cannot believe you are stooping that low, and then you actually claim there were people paid to post from Dubai!!! I mean really? You really believe that? 

No I can't think of much else to defend them. I read the article a few days ago and was shocked by how few cases they solve. Like you know a lot of these cases are priority and they still don't seem to do much. So the only excuse i have is the court system.. the other is that they are incompetent.... or worse. 

Yes they are investigating him..did you not read the article says so right there.. I did not make it up. Now if they do as they usually do then nothing much will happen. 

As for the paid to post.. do I believe that there are people currently paid to post.. nope.. not now. There was a time with all the new names popping up only posting in political topics that I would have bet money on it. But the guy asked me if i was paid to post.. I did not bring it up. 

8 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

You can spin your line however you wish but in every democracy the current government assumes a caretaker role once a new election is announced and the PM remains the PM until, is, either relected or a replacement is elected by voters. "Caretaker" mode, government or PM does not reduce the authority that exists or is in place.

To suggest that a " caretaker PM" is not the current PM during the potential transition of a government is both naive and confirms a lack of undertstanding of how an election process functions and the obligations imposed on a current government to administer the country's affairs during such period.

Your the one spinning.. she stepped down after street protests.. did not have the powers a real PM had. It severy reduces it.. remember she could not even get the loans approved anymore to pay for the farmers. I guess you lack understanding. 

51 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your the one spinning.. she stepped down after street protests.. did not have the powers a real PM had. It severy reduces it.. remember she could not even get the loans approved anymore to pay for the farmers. I guess you lack understanding. 

You seem to be getting yourself mixed up with every additional post.

Initially you stated " the government stepped down....."

Which then went to " she was only a caretaker PM..."

Followed by "they stepped down after street protests.."

Again followed by "she stepped down after street protests.. did not have the powers a real PM had. It severy reduces it.. remember she could not even get the loans approved anymore to pay for the farmers. I guess you lack understanding. "

Now, i understand you apparently live in Thailand and have done so for 10 years but what you state is false.

YS stepped down from the position of PM 2 weeks prior to the military coup and an interum PM was appointed. I forget the replacements name but you can search it and from memory occurrred on or about 6 May 2014.

The government remained in place, had a new PM and retained the same administrative power.

The term " caretaker" is a term of courtesy whereby a current government in election mode generally will not make binding decisions on a potential change of elected government. It is nothing more.

Edited by Reigntax

4 hours ago, robblok said:

No idea, but recently read an article about the NACC and seems they are not really producing much cases. It also takes ages for them to do anything. I think I read it in the BKK post recently. Strange actually that they don't produce more results. 

Drag things  out until the statute of limitations expires seems to be the case. Two out of the three Rolls Royce accusations can't be pursued because of this (although in these cases proceedings haven't began, and they can't now). 

32 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

You seem to be getting yourself mixed up with every additional post.

Initially you stated " the government stepped down....."

Which then went to " she was only a caretaker PM..."

Followed by "they stepped down after street protests.."

Again followed by "she stepped down after street protests.. did not have the powers a real PM had. It severy reduces it.. remember she could not even get the loans approved anymore to pay for the farmers. I guess you lack understanding. "

Now, i understand you apparently live in Thailand and have done so for 10 years but what you state is false.

YS stepped down from the position of PM 2 weeks prior to the military coup and an interum PM was appointed. I forget the replacements name but you can search it and from memory occurrred on or about 6 May 2014.

The government remained in place, had a new PM and retained the same administrative power.

The term " caretaker" is a term of courtesy whereby a current government in election mode generally will not make binding decisions on a potential change of elected government. It is nothing more.

YL Stepped down after street protest was caretaker PM for a while  and later replaced was never removed by a coup period. 

Edited by robblok

1 minute ago, Psimbo said:

Drag things  out until the statute of limitations expires seems to be the case. Two out of the three Rolls Royce accusations can't be pursued because of this (although in these cases proceedings haven't began, and they can't now). 

the whole statute of limitations on corruption should be removed for all corruption. 

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Nope, but its a temporary halt so no real news, just read the full article they are talking about the laws being ready next week.. so actually its a storm in a teacup, only brought up to make the junta look bad nothing more. I would have been the first to comment on it because I hate corruption but this is really non news.

Problem is that the other cases relate to cronyism too.

ammend laws... then drop the cases because they were committed before the laws where ammended

so your right... non news... no surprises... and the band goes marching on.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Would have been nice but unfortunately not. There were some paid for posters active before but they had an other political vision as I had. I guess the man in Dubai pays well, unfortunately nobody pays me to post.  Maybe I should change sides.. but i guess since Robert Amsterdam stopped working for T the paid for posters became less too. So maybe nobody is paying the other side anymore either.

But if you know a place all money is welcome :partytime2:

I'd like a link to the pay to post site too! ?

6 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Problem is that the other cases relate to cronyism too.

ammend laws... then drop the cases because they were committed before the laws where ammended

so your right... non news... no surprises... and the band goes marching on.

I don't think this is really a problem, more a problem that i recently read about an article on the NACC that their performance is really bad. 

6 hours ago, robblok said:

the whole statute of limitations on corruption should be removed for all corruption. 

Statute of limitations is a fundamental principle of any justice system. As the state/ government/prosecution has all available resources and power to investigate any crime, the onus is on them to prove a crime was committed and the defendant is innocent until proven.

Proceedural fairness would not exist should a defendant be charged with a crime of corruption decades after the event where documents probably no longer exist, witnesses recollection of events was no longer accurate and the justice system failed to persue the case within a reasonable timeframe.

Its easy to sit back in a chair and state do this, dont allow that, make this happen but you need to consider the consequences of your suggestion and the burden administering and enforcing justice where liability never ends, possibly even after death without being able to defend any charge.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Only caretaker PM. Are you trying to suggest the coup was legal and justified. Are you trying to suggest the government wasn't in fact the legitimate government of Thailand ? They actually were and the stepping down would happen after a new government was formed via mandatory elections.

By the way, since you are nitpicking, Yingluck wasn't the acting care taker PM at the time of the coup, she was already gone.

Anyone believing this bloke is actually going to be investigated must also believe in Santa Claus..

Some posters on here, even after being in Thailand for 10 years, display a lack of knowledge about how things are handled in Thailand for decades. This laddy is one of the good guys is all you need to know..

Edited by sjaak327

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It's always amusing to read the reasons why certain forms of corruption can't be investigated.

But when it comes to red-shirts, or other political enemies, there never seems to be a problem.

Funny that?

There was never a problem prosecuting red shirt cases under the last government. No cases, no problem. The fact that these scum are being prosecuted is a definite improvement IMHO.