Anyone using thestockmarketwatch.com ?

That looks like an ugly site :(

Have you considered just going straight to cnbc.com ?  The web site isn't so bad and does keep the headlines coming in.

Another option of course is to go directly to retuers.com or even Bloomberg.com

If you want a good layout you could go with seekingalpha.com where you can create your own watchlist then filter news based off of this watchlist.  A lot of the articles there offer pretty good coverage.

And finally of course you could just try to use the news section of your trading platform (or get one that offers one) and add in the Reuters news feed.

Thanks for response. I am daily follower of seekingalpha.com. Made good money from a number of picks.

Your suggestions will cover portfolio tools ,  mostly on time quotes etc.

THe ideal solution would a site which calculates  for stock XXX  based on --say--  3 buys and 1 sell the average price of the total position in actual quotes. 

I'm unsure on the question you gave here:

3 Buys and 1 Sells of MID price for 3 different positions at the same time, what would the total position cost?

I.e.: BUY 100x MSFT, BUY 100x AAPL, BUY 100x TWR, SELL 100x GE ?

Not sure I've seen anything like that.  Usually a trading platform should handle that for you *OR* good old fashioned Excel :)

Out of curiosity, what are you actually *trying* to do that you need that?   You can feel free to PM me if you want .

OH I see what you are assaying:

BUY 10 IBM @ 100

BUY 6 IBM @ 102

SELL 3 IBM @ 103

Position = 13 IBM @ 100.75 (avg. cost basis).

Sadly I do not know of any web site that tracks the avg. cost basis for you correctly (but they all *should* as this seems a normal enough way to update your portfolio).  For what it's worth I would normally keep track of this on the trading platform itself.

Sorry :)

On 2/15/2017 at 6:54 AM, THAIPHUKET said:

Thanks for response. I am daily follower of seekingalpha.com. Made good money from a number of picks.

Your suggestions will cover portfolio tools ,  mostly on time quotes etc.

THe ideal solution would a site which calculates  for stock XXX  based on --say--  3 buys and 1 sell the average price of the total position in actual quotes. 

Not sure exactly what you want, but I use Yahoo finance and update my portfolio there.  The reason is it is NOT tied to my bank or brokerage accounts so there is nothing that can be compromised.  I just update the stocks, shares owned, price paid, etc. there and it updates in real time.  You can create several portfolios.  My primary brokerage is etrade and they have some online tools and apps, but I don't use them since I don't want to be logged onto my account  and possible access hacked.

---just update the stocks, shares owned, price paid, etc. there and it updates in real time.---- 

That means 3 individual IBM transactions but executed on different days and different prices translate into only 1 portfolio position? Or will there be 3 IBM position in the portfolio?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You can set up various portfolios on Bloomberg in watch lists if you register:

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/watchlist

There is a 15 mins time delay - i.e not real time. But it is free.

When looking at the cost of your positions it is the buy trades that count. In your case, you could:

1) Input a combined position of 16 with WAC of 100.75 then adjust it to 13 with same WAC once the sale is made

2) Input separate trades or as it calls it "lots" of 10 and 6 on different days with the individual costs. 

When you sell though you need to adjust which position you are taking the sales from. You can input negative positions but care on how you use that, remembering the average cost or FIFO cost or LIFO cost is always based on the buy transactions. Selling will reduce your position but not affect the average cost if you are using an average cost broker

You can set up multiple portfolios across many different markets.

To be honest a decent broker should be automatically updating your WACs each time you trade, but Bberg can be useful for quick snapshots for the type of thing you're looking for 

I use it for quick snapshots of AUD, SGD, GBP and USD portfolios. Another advantage being you can set up different portfolios for different currencies and/or markets.

Bberg covers many more markets and you just need to know or look up the tickers and market. For example IBM would be IBM:US. Also will show you news and a few other things relating to the stocks in your watchlist/ portfolio

Cheers

Fletch :)

only trust seekingalpha if the authors are reputable and have written a lot of articles already. A lot of PUMP AND DUMP crap articles can be found here too, to lure retail sheep in and steal their money. I was part of a trading group / portal and in the chats they discussed how someone from the group would write an article and then all group members could cash in. Those articles can still be found online and, needless to say, the stocks covered are a P.O.S. and lost most of their value.