Yingluck questions reconciliation, justice of decision to seize her assets before court ruling

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Judging from the remark, can society hope for justice from the government?” 

Simple answer no. If you left your assets here exposed well lady you deserve to loose them. In America there are search and seizure laws and the onus is on the seized person to prove their innocence. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

I think if you look at any country you could find that incompetence and mismanagement are the norm , West Oz is having an election in march , the crowd that's in at the moment LNP squandered 50 Billion into the red  and they started with 10 billion in the green and they area seeking re-election, depends if a general is running the country , the layman's terminology is at the time it seemed like a good idea.

it depends on whether people in public office should be held accountable - I for one think they should

Assets of suspected criminals should be "frozen", not necessarily seized, pending a court trial. Anything to stop them transferring their assets e.g. o'seas or into other friendly entities names, beyond the reach of the courts.

3 hours ago, Prbkk said:

A salutary lesson for all: judicial process counts for little in this Brave New World. Some would say this only relates to a politician but it will/should have the investment community anxious that unelected officials can make such a determination while legal proceedings are underway but prior to a judgement. Another own goal.

He is a General who expects to be blindly obeyed, he is not an elected "politician".

Because they want you to do a runner so the military can remove any opposition to having their snouts embedded fully in the trough.

Justice, due process, equity in Thailand is just smoke and mirrors and while the baboons have control will never change.

No offense to the TV Baboon intended.

4 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

They have seized her assets so that they don't get lost, US and other countries does it all the time. One example is Kim Dotcom that has his assets seized and he is still not convicted... hell he's even waiting to see if New Zealand will extradite him to US for his trile!

There is a difference between seized and frozen assets.  In both cases it takes judgment from a court.  In this case, they are admitting outright they will seize assets without a court order.   Sounds like men in black trench coats are in charge of Thailand.

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Assets of suspected criminals should be "frozen", not necessarily seized, pending a court trial. Anything to stop them transferring their assets e.g. o'seas or into other friendly entities names, beyond the reach of the courts.

Actually that's what had been done in Thaksin's case.

I like the lady, she is also not stupid, and is being treated very badly, however her assets are mere petty cash compared to her brothers, who I also like, and I am sure he has a little spare cash should she ever be short

He brother is even reputed to have paid off some other rich peoples gambling debts

The family has some challenging problems but lack of cash is not one of them

1 hour ago, candide said:

Actually that's what had been done in Thaksin's case.

'candide', yes indeed, and lil' Poo then 'a PM' 'decided' to giveve it back to him, in some very hushed and rushed up way, wasn't it...? Even denied the money (about a little 30 billion Baht, was it?) had been transfered already at some point, wasn't it? I don't remember about which court ruled about this 'restitution', or when, though, but maybe you can tell?  

58 minutes ago, al007 said:

I like the lady, she is also not stupid, and is being treated very badly, however her assets are mere petty cash compared to her brothers, who I also like, and I am sure he has a little spare cash should she ever be short

He brother is even reputed to have paid off some other rich peoples gambling debts

The family has some challenging problems but lack of cash is not one of them

What's to like about them?

7 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

If they continue to seize her assets based on this information it proves there is no due process and there will be no justice here in Thailand

Regardless she has a right due process from judges not someone in governement that does not like her

He has no right to just say Oh seize her assets 

Load of crap

" He has no right to just say Oh seize her assets "  Is that what happened?

Many previous reports of the process, doesn't sound anything like she's being punished before the end of the case. Is it the same case?

Yingluck posted on Facebook. “Society now needs to see reconciliation. Judging from the remark, can society hope for justice from the government?” 

What a fabulous and deceitful liar this woman is,  society hope for justice?  ...what about justice for the half a trillion baht of public money that went up in smoke due to the Shinawatra rice scam?  36 billion baht as a settlement is a bargain.

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

" He has no right to just say Oh seize her assets "  Is that what happened?

Many previous reports of the process, doesn't sound anything like she's being punished before the end of the case. Is it the same case?

Yup same case 

This is just a grudge match  no rule of law 

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

'candide', yes indeed, and lil' Poo then 'a PM' 'decided' to giveve it back to him, in some very hushed and rushed up way, wasn't it...? Even denied the money (about a little 30 billion Baht, was it?) had been transfered already at some point, wasn't it? I don't remember about which court ruled about this 'restitution', or when, though, but maybe you can tell?  

Yes, it was the Supreme Court. You know, the one which convicted Thaksin several times, seized some assets, etc....  :smile:

Out of around  USD 2.3 billion frozen, around 1b was returned. 

19 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

However, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam on Tuesday ordered agencies to proceed with the seizure of Yingluck’s assets and not to wait for the court’s ruling. He also said if the court ordered an injunction later, the government did not need to return the seized assets. 

It is fair to say that I'm not a fan, but why bother going to court then? Take her assets, then if the courts try to stop it, ignore them, impossible to support that.

Prayuth has ultimate power and can do as he pleases.  This has nothing to do with justice it is personal.  It is extremely scary for international investors and businesses in Thailand when one person holds so much power and he can just take what ever he wants whenever he wants.

16 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

If they continue to seize her assets based on this information it proves there is no due process and there will be no justice here in Thailand

Regardless she has a right due process from judges not someone in governement that does not like her

Load of crap

He can do as he pleases and can even order the courts to reach the desired decision.

Prayuth has ultimate power and can do as he pleases.  This has nothing to do with justice it is personal.  It is extremely scary for international investors and businesses in Thailand when one person holds so much power and he can just take what ever he wants whenever he wants.

Maybe that's why so many international investors and businesses have boogered off?

Like her or not her government was more accepting of foreigners than the junta. As a foreigner my interests come first. since the junta took power the anti-foreigner sentiment has only gone up. Truth is the thaksin party is more accepting of foreigners than other yellow shirts for example

Anti foreigner sentiment gone up? In what way?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

On 2/16/2017 at 2:30 PM, realenglish1 said:

Load of crap

He has section 44 and his blanket amnesty granted to himself in case he is overthrown.  Why do you think he constantly walks around with that can't touch me grin..

18 hours ago, candide said:

Yes, it was the Supreme Court. You know, the one which convicted Thaksin several times, seized some assets, etc....  :smile:

oh and lets not forget the under the counter huge sum that was returned to Thaksin by the government that he owned - exactly what court was involved in the little number ??

They should have a "most rotten to the core" league table in Thailand and I know without the slightest hesitation who would be right at the top and leading by a country mile. 

and that is a lie

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

no he just knows what the Thai people missed for a long time - that the Shins are massive crooks, they bribed - bullied - corrupted - thieved from the Thai people in so many ways it's shocking, then they run off with the proceeds - not unusual for Thailand as it happens often but nothing gets close to the shear monumental scale of the Shins, there are so many zero's that 95% of Thais have no idea just how much money they thieved from Thailand and its people

He can do as he pleases and can even order the courts to reach the desired decision.

Too bad there is no rule of Law here Companies will be very shy of setting up to do business here from foreign soil

There are other places to go such as Malaysia  or Indonesia

Although not perfect at least you have a decent shot 

Exactly and the main reason why foreign investors are staying away from Thailand. Its a shame really.