Finnish tourist stabbed in the back by "Thai men" in Jomtien

webfact

On 2/17/2017 at 8:59 AM, Henryford said:

I have lived here for 10 years, never a problem, never felt unsafe. BUT if you go looking for trouble you will find it.

agreed ive lived here 17 years, full time no probs with thais a few probs with stupid farangs.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 3:11 PM, phantomfiddler said:

After 36 years here I would have to say it is the safest place I have ever lived, and I include the whole of Thailand. The most dangerous place I ever lived was America, where 11 people were murdered on the streets within 100 yards of my apartment in the last 2 months that I was there ! When you walk out in many American cities at night you are risking your life.

I've visited a Burmese border town about 300 times.  It's about the same size and population as Pattaya.   I have some Burmese friends there.   I ask them about crime.  In the past 9 years, I've heard of 1 crime in that Burmese town.    How many crime events have happened in Pattaya in the past 9 years?    .....about 5 per day?   Safest place?!   

9 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I've visited a Burmese border town about 300 times.  It's about the same size and population as Pattaya.   I have some Burmese friends there.   I ask them about crime.  In the past 9 years, I've heard of 1 crime in that Burmese town.    How many crime events have happened in Pattaya in the past 9 years?    .....about 5 per day?   Safest place?!   

Hi Boomerangutang That Burmese town sounds  like an interesting place. What is the name of that place??

1 hour ago, roderick17 said:

Hi Boomerangutang That Burmese town sounds  like an interesting place. What is the name of that place??

Pm me and I'll tell you.  I don't want to let the cat out of the bag about a good place.  Last thing it needs are 3000 expats from Pattaya charging up there to get away from crime-ridden you-know-where.

On 2/16/2017 at 3:50 AM, jesimps said:

Quite simple really, it's the best place in Thailand. I haven't been attacked in my ten years of living here. Do people not get hurt elsewhere?

Best Place?..must be talking about the pristine beach and water

We agree to disagree.....or maybe the lovely ladyboys on beach rd?!:wai:

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Pm me and I'll tell you.  I don't want to let the cat out of the bag about a good place.  Last thing it needs are 3000 expats from Pattaya charging up there to get away from crime-ridden you-know-where.

Hahaha...well sorry i will pass for the trip.

posters on here saying, "Pattaya is great. I've never been attacked in _______ years."

That's like saying;  "I don't have cancer, so cancer must be a myth."   

.....or like saying;  "Donald Trump never lied to me in person, so he never lies."

Edited by boomerangutang