Non-O ME / Child - Not Married

19 hours ago, Oohwan said:

@4evermaat

These requirements are from one of your previous posts.  Can you please add something to this discussion?

I know you done this run a couple of times already.

Much appreciated

- Grab the passport photos in Thailand before you leave.  It used to be 120 baht for 12 at local fujifilm.  But now it is 6 - 2" x 2" photos precut for 120 baht, but that included photo snap.  Maybe before I brought my own digital photo from a previous passport image.

- in fact, your entire application 'package' should be ready before you leave; the only thing you can save to fill out later is the Penang Thai Visa application form.  Have 2-3 extra blank copies in case you need to fill in a new one.  If you use an agent, they will fill it out for you in most cases.

Use a plastic envelope (zip or velcro foldover) to keep your paperwork looking sharp:  http://www.jampaper.com/Envelopes/PlasticEnvelopes ; Tesco is like 40-130 baht, local office supply shops likely cheaper.

- Give yourself at least an extra day if you are returning by train; you won't have enough time to get back to ferry and catch train to Padang Besar in time to connect with Thai train.  If you need to return to Thailand same day, use minivan to hat yai or fly direct to bangkok.  

airasia pen to dmk 01 apr 2017.png

----

Let us know how it all turns out.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know my visa packet included the following items:

- original passport with > 1 year validity, and a couple of spare pages.

- color copy of passport photo/signature page, signed

- 2 passport photos 3.5 x 4.5 cm /  photoshopped with a suit. 

- color copy of mother's thai id card, signed

- color copy of thai dependent's birth certificate, signed 

- color copy of tambien baan (housebook) page with mothers and child's full name/national ID number and the first page with the land/property description, signed.

- bank statement showing >≈400k baht Thai bank); signed.

- 750 ringgit visa application fee

- 50 or 100 ringgit agent fee - Jim's Place. ( Sorry I don't remember the exact amount) 

The following items I provided as supplements though they probably weren't necessary :

-  original mothers tambien baan (housebook) 

-  original thai bank account book.

original affidavit from my embassy saying I receive >40K per month from 'X' company. 

-  color copy of my thai drivers license front/back, signed

-  color copy of my thai social security card, signed

-  copy of my rental agreement in Thailand with mothers name included as a tenant, signed

-  copy of my lessors thai id card, signed by owner

-  copy of my rental tambien baan (housebook), first page with the land/property description and owners name /national ID number, signed by owner.

-  hand written letter from my child's mother saying how long we've known each other, and that we are all living together, signed by mother.

I also made sure that the address on the rental contract, my drivers license, and my last receipt of notification in my passport all matched. 

The only documents I got back was the original house book, my bank book, and my passport with a shiny new first attempt ME non-o visa.  :smile:

On a separate note, you will need to report a new stay of notification at the local immigration office once you come back into Thailand even if the address before you left stays the same.  Before I left the country I asked a local immigration officer about this, and he said it needs to be done 24-48 hours after reentry. I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but it sure did for me.

Thanks again guys!

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

sorry if ive asked this previously, i thought i had but cant find teh thread.

has anyone secured a non o for family from the UK, single or multiple entry?

No problem to get a single entry visa at one of the consulates or the embassy in London.

Same for a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy only.

bonzaa!!

do you happen to know if i did already ask this elsewhere or a specific non O thread elsewhere?

aaa - not sure if you saw or even followed my legitimization saga but its finally completed.

legit, legal, non married biological father of my own daughter.

Edited by edgarfriendly

• 2 years later...

Mod, if this is off topic please move.

I will like some guidance please.

I renewed my NON-O Extension base on marriage in March, and have a Multiple Entry Permit. However, I will be divorcing in June, we have a kid. I will like to know, how can I switch this visa to a NON-O ME to support a Thai Citizen, and will my Multiple Re-Entry Permit be still valid?

Going Penang  is impossible, as no flights are allowed in or out. Will the immigration switch this visa before the divorce? I read that once divorce, you must leave immediately the same day out of the court, which will be impossible also, since the country is not open. Will they take this into consideration?

Thanks

9 hours ago, node said:

I renewed my NON-O Extension base on marriage in March, and have a Multiple Entry Permit. However, I will be divorcing in June, we have a kid. I will like to know, how can I switch this visa to a NON-O ME to support a Thai Citizen, and will my Multiple Re-Entry Permit be still valid?

When the divorce is finalized you would have to cancel your current extension based upon marriage and apply for new extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would have to get a new re-entry permit since the extension it is based upon woould of been canceled.

9 hours ago, node said:

I read that once divorce, you must leave immediately the same day out of the court, which will be impossible also, since the country is not open.

Immigration is not that strict about the date of divorce and then going to have your current extension cancelled. You could do it a couple of days later and it would not be a problem.