Loei underage karaoke bar raids uncover "bribes for police" lists

rooster59

Loei underage karaoke bar raids uncover "bribes for police" lists

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7WwtzQdG8C1FbytiXWgrzmXTSIy.jpg

Image: Thairath

Raids on karaoke bars that were fronts for illegal underage sex in Loei in the north east of Thailand have uncovered lists of names of police to be paid backhanders.

The raids were mounted on three karaoke lounges in the popular resort area of Phu Reua on Thursday evening following complaints made over three months ago to the government's Damrongtham watchdog.

After a three month investigation the raiding party fronted by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) went to the three establishments after conducting sting tactics.

They found 5 foreign girls under the age of 18 at Phu Reua Café, Sai Thong Karaoke and Man Man Karaoke. Charges were laid against the owners of all three in relation to human trafficking legislation and the sex trade.

In addition the DSI said they had uncovered evidence of a list of "many officials in authority and law enforcement" who had been paid sums of money in transfers.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-18

The names are being passed on for action by the Crime Suppression Division.

36 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

In addition the DSI said they had uncovered evidence of a list of "many officials in authority and law enforcement" who had been paid sums of money in transfers.

Why am I NOT gob smacked reading the above information? that's because

this is like a whack-a -mole game, you hit some bars and they pop somewhere

else as soon as......

This is an outrage! Who are these corrupt police and officials that give a bad name to otherwise perfect thai police and officials! 

I demand that they be given the harshest penalty possible! Transfer them to inactive posts!! Yesterday!!

This is an outrage! Who are these corrupt police and officials that give a bad name to otherwise perfect thai police and officials! 
I demand that they be given the harshest penalty possible! Transfer them to inactive posts!! Yesterday!!

And the 'circle of life' goes on and on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corruption- a chance not to be missed

After recent desperate and childish attempts to promote tourism (Pokémon/Durian KitKat/let’s lure Muslims) the S&T Lady probably misses the chance to adopt a brilliant idea from her colleagues in Mexico. In Thailand it would even be possible to enhance the tours to week long nationwide trips.

CT%20with%20text%20590_zpsz1fkbwem.png

16 minutes ago, hobz said:

At last a poster who tells it like it is!! A bit harsh IMHO :passifier::wai:

1 hour ago, mark01 said:

Go into almost any gogo bar in Pattaya and you'll find a list (book) of regular payments to corrupt police and officials.

If us "stupid farangs" know the score, then the Thais certainly do.

There are, sir, various gradations of knowing, sir.

The Police and Officials will sue the bars for having lists of names and trying to tell the truth about who the recipients are !

Is there anymore room in the 'inactive moved sideways post department' ?   Doubtful; so it will be slapped wrists and told to be more discreet in future.

The names are being passed on for action by the Crime Suppression Division.

So the names of the alleged bribe takers are being passed along to the CSD, which is a unit of the Royal Thai Police...

And what kind of police and "law enforcement" officials were among those taking bribes from these establishments???

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

When will they ever learn to code these lists. Using their real name is stupid. Code them. A couple suggestions Looser, Buffoon, Flatfoot, Easy Money Seeker the list is endless. OOoops I forgot this might infringe on the loosing of face. I was wrong arrest them. Hmm another challenge. Back to square one.

14 hours ago, hobz said:

A case of 95% giving a bad name to the rest.