Thai Women and romance

Pebblesz

Hi,

I'm dating a Thai Woman (she really likes me for who I am).

One guess of me is that you can be romantic with Thai Women just like in the old days in the western world.

One thing happened: a child came to sell flowers, I rapidly waved the child away like I would do in my country since girls there would not want a flower as a gift anyways.

The reaction of my girlfriend was a small shocked face (it only lasted for a moment) but I could see it, did I miss the opportunity to be romantic there? Do they appreciate little attentions that western women often don't want anymore nowadays?

Feel free to give me some advice on that. Thanks.

Edited by Pebblesz

7 minutes ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

I wish TV would spot some more cash to higher a better quality of paid posters.

Just say something meaningful or ......, thanks.

Why do you spent your time replying, you got nothing better to do? No wonder you got 1400 posts if you are so creative in your writings...

Edited by Pebblesz

If there was a negative response it might have been from the manner that you waved off the little child. If you did it in a polite manner, it would be ok, if you did it in an annoyed or even slightly aggressive manner, you would elicit that shocked face.

Of course, I was not there, but your saying that you did it rapidly implies it was not done in a friendly manner.... 

13 hours ago, jerojero said:

She's disappointed you didn't spend more of your money on her. That first, romance second. Wait until the talk of gold comes up...you better be prepared to open your wallet wide, to prove you want her (to be happy with you).

Wrong, she paid for all my expenses and yes she is attractive and has no children. She could get a Thai boyfriend easily. I was not being cheap, I was just testing if she was one of those who would want a farang for money or not, she proved the contrary big time (I know some people on this forum won't even believe me but this really happened).

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Newsflash - even in these modern times, you can still be romantic with women in the Western world - just don't be a cheapskate.

Where I come from, if a guy would buy flowers from street sellers the girl would probably think it's childish and too easy, especially if you haven't been dating since a long time, sad but true.

4 hours ago, Dale59 said:

Bet your arse they do! Don't let anyone on here tell you Thai women aren't romantic! My wife of over 10 years now is very romantic and loves such things and there is usually a very nice payoff for the mister here!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Good to know, thanks for the information.

4 hours ago, kenk24 said:

If there was a negative response it might have been from the manner that you waved off the little child. If you did it in a polite manner, it would be ok, if you did it in an annoyed or even slightly aggressive manner, you would elicit that shocked face.

Of course, I was not there, but your saying that you did it rapidly implies it was not done in a friendly manner.... 

Yes, I was thinking about that too, I did it instinctively especially since some children can be very insisting (and are trained to be that way), I've seen this happen in Kho Phagnan where the children keep following you. Anyways, I agree it was not the right way to wave off the child. I probably had a facial expression that said "Go away".

3 hours ago, Seligne2 said:

You didn't "...miss an opportunity to be romantic,,," you missed an opportunity to be a gentleman.

True, I think the rise of feminism in my home country made me scared to look ridiculous when trying to be even a little bit romantic. 

15 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Newsflash - even in these modern times, you can still be romantic with women in the Western world - just don't be a cheapskate.

And don't assume all women want the stereotyped gestures of romance that Hallmark says they do.

A tip for a Troll.............................

:coffee1:

1. It's important to find a Thai woman who can cook and clean .

2. It's important to find a Thai woman who can make good money.

3. It's important to find a Thai woman who loves to have good sex.

4. It's important  that these women should never meet!!  

Hmmm.  A romantic Thai woman. Interesting topic. In my experience they are but in a very different way then most westerners grew up seeing it.  It's not about Hallmark cards, Dozen roses. Going out to a special dinner etc. Buy them gold and you are the nicest man. I would also suspect that age, where she lives and her exposure to the world would have an impact on her expectation. In my case my wife doesn't want me to buy flowers as she said it's a waste and they die. I have learned to be romantic in other ways. I let go of that western ideal.  You have ro be creative in many cases.

Hmmm.  A romantic Thai woman. Interesting topic. In my experience they are but in a very different way then most westerners grew up seeing it.  It's not about Hallmark cards, Dozen roses. Going out to a special dinner etc. Buy them gold and you are the nicest man. I would also suspect that age, where she lives and her exposure to the world would have an impact on her expectation. In my case my wife doesn't want me to buy flowers as she said it's a waste and they die. I have learned to be romantic in other ways. I let go of that western ideal.  You have ro be creative in many cases.

You're probably right about this. Seems like Thai women appreciate guys who know how to treat a woman and do the little things without any hassle. Pay the bill when you go out together. Make sure you pay em back for their taxis when they come to see you. Buy em something nice and showy on all the important days. Etc. Seems like it's all about money, but another thing they seem to appreciate here is a guy that doesn't talk too much and let's em do what they want. Basically, a guy that accepts them for who they are and isn't always nagging to make em more like a western girl.

1 hour ago, eldragon said:

Basically, a guy that accepts them for who they are and isn't always nagging to make em more like a western girl.

I daresay that any woman (or person for that manner) is appreciative of a partner who doesn't ask them to change and be someone/something they're not.

1 hour ago, eldragon said:

You're probably right about this. Seems like Thai women appreciate guys who know how to treat a woman and do the little things without any hassle. Pay the bill when you go out together. Make sure you pay em back for their taxis when they come to see you. Buy em something nice and showy on all the important days. Etc. Seems like it's all about money, but another thing they seem to appreciate here is a guy that doesn't talk too much and let's em do what they want. Basically, a guy that accepts them for who they are and isn't always nagging to make em more like a western girl.

Excellent points. I think far to often many westerners try and change the gal they are with versus seeking a balance. Their idea of romantic is probably close to what you stated.... Be a gentlemen, Be responsible, Talk nice, Treat them nice, Pay the bills etc. I do not believe they follow western ideals of romance at all.  Sure there are some BKK hi so gals who have worked to be as western as they can but get outside that area and it changes dramatically. I was out with my wife on Valentine's day and I saw nothing like I did in the states with restaurants packed. Flowers. Balloons and not one gal at work had flowers delivered and I am glad. Takes the pressure of me 555. In the states it is out of hand the lengths some go to all to be forgotten in the next day or so.

22 hours ago, Pebblesz said:

Wrong, she paid for all my expenses and yes she is attractive and has no children. She could get a Thai boyfriend easily. I was not being cheap, I was just testing if she was one of those who would want a farang for money or not, she proved the contrary big time (I know some people on this forum won't even believe me but this really happened).

Where I come from, if a guy would buy flowers from street sellers the girl would probably think it's childish and too easy, especially if you haven't been dating since a long time, sad but true.

Good to know, thanks for the information.

Yes, I was thinking about that too, I did it instinctively especially since some children can be very insisting (and are trained to be that way), I've seen this happen in Kho Phagnan where the children keep following you. Anyways, I agree it was not the right way to wave off the child. I probably had a facial expression that said "Go away".

True, I think the rise of feminism in my home country made me scared to look ridiculous when trying to be even a little bit romantic. 

"Just testing".....Over 20bht flowers...............

facepalm.gif

I daresay that any woman (or person for that manner) is appreciative of a partner who doesn't ask them to change and be someone/something they're not.

Fair enough. But we both know a lot of guys do otherwise bc they think the west has a more advanced dating culture. For example, how many guys try to force the concept of going Dutch on their girl?

17 hours ago, transam said:

"Just testing".....Over 20bht flowers...............

facepalm.gif

You don't get it, she paid for all my expenses and I let her do so. I was just testing if she was one of those who would want a farang for money or not (that's why I let her pay). Obviously I wasn't talking about those cheap flowers in that sentence.

Edited by Pebblesz