Any 'real' Mexican Restaraunts ?

Clipped

It defies any sense of reason that Tequila Reef could have any supporters other than those with a financial interest in the place.

It ranks with the worst food I have ever eaten anywhere.......you would have to be blind drunk to think otherwise...

It is the pits.

Have you tried everything on the menu? I seriously doubt it. :o I have no financial interest in the place, but its adequate. Is it the best mexican I've ever tasted? (not even close - need to visit yank southwest for that)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It defies any sense of reason that Tequila Reef could have any supporters other than those with a financial interest in the place.

It ranks with the worst food I have ever eaten anywhere.......you would have to be blind drunk to think otherwise...

It is the pits.

Have you tried everything on the menu? I seriously doubt it. :o I have no financial interest in the place, but its adequate. Is it the best mexican I've ever tasted? (not even close - need to visit yank southwest for that)

Hi Brit

I'm sure that Tolley hasn't tried everything on the menu but, just like myself, what he did try was worse than disappointing. It is the pits... and "adequate" just isn't good enough for a restaurant that purports to be Mexican, especially in a city like Pattaya where good restaurants abound, largely because of the competition.

Burrito not bad, Mexican Steak not bad, Quesadilla not bad and taquitos pretty good. Rice/beans - horrid. :o Margaritas OUTSTANDING!!! :D

Prices are horrid!!!

Staff is great. Bob/Jon/Darryl - great lads. And by the amount of business the place gets, I'd say they are quite popular. At the end of the day - if you don't like it faire enough, but there are people who do like it. :D Those who haven't tried - make up your own mind.

Edited by britmaveric

I still say the Moonshine Place in Jomtien, behind the first 7-11 on Beach Road, has the best Tex-Mex in the area.

When Ned is there it is great. The chicken burrito is highly recommended.

No, I have no financial interest in the place whatsoever.

Interesting.

Do you know when he might be in?

Because I have walked by that joint about three times, and it has been empty and populated by what appear to be bargirls who have seen better days. OK, I know thats rude, but it doesn't look like a very inviting place to eat.

Any other recent experiences to report from there?

I don't go there for feminine companionship, but I do go there when I am in town for the chicken burritos and other Tex-Mex.

I will be in Pattaya next month and plan to go for some food. I will let you know how it is after I try it again.

Stop in the next time you are strolling by, look at the menu and order something. Then give us your report on how the food tastes.

is there any place that has close to authentic mexican food in pattaya? ive been to tequila reef,but, but, but it just isnt what im looking for, i use to live in texas , so ive been spoiled with lots of great mexican food...any other places?

any good enchiladas that melt in your mouth, with proper chili sauce laddled over the top?

man im hungry

The Great American Rib, on Tepprasit Road, on the way going from Tepprarya Road heading to Sukumvit, on the right side, they have a fantastic Tex-Mex type BBQ :o...

I highly recommend trying this place. :D

is there any place that has close to authentic mexican food in pattaya? ive been to tequila reef,but, but, but it just isnt what im looking for, i use to live in texas , so ive been spoiled with lots of great mexican food...any other places?

any good enchiladas that melt in your mouth, with proper chili sauce laddled over the top?

man im hungry

The Great American Rib, on Tepprasit Road, on the way going from Tepprarya Road heading to Sukumvit, on the right side, they have a fantastic Tex-Mex type BBQ :o...

I highly recommend trying this place. :D

Got two agree with that.

but more to the point the Margaritas at happy hour 5-7 o’clock are 106 baht

are great, they could beat the Tequila Reef, had to have four last night just to make sure.

it gets my vote. :D

• 5 years later...

The best Mexican in Pattaya/Jomtien is probably Sam's Mexican and Sunrise Tacos in Jomtien. If you've eaten Mexican food for many years like me (I've lived in San Diego for 35 years and worked in Tijuana and Mexicali Mexico for 15 years) you will soon avoid Taquilla Reef on soi 7 off 2nd road pattaya- its ok I guess if its your first experience with mexican food- but its pretty obvious that the owners have taken the cheap route in the ingredients and mexican chillis. the cooks in their kitchen scare me a bit since they smole and don't wash their hands afterwards- what else is new though. The dishes have pretty much become to taste like the thai's are cooking to their taste not the Mexican style taste.

the best Taco's in town are at Sunrise Taco on the main drag in Jomtien- you need to try the Tijuana Taco plate- this is the real taste that is identical to the great street tacos of mexico- three big tacos with two corn tortillas per taco and yes they are made home made corn tortilla !!!! - very rare in Thailand. Flour tortillas do not give tacos justice but are served everywhere else because they are cheap and store bought and taste like cardboard. Its funny but the Sunrise Tijuana tacos are the best and their Carnitas ( Pork ) tacos are the worst I've tasted - and they are served at the same restaraunt.

Sam's Mexican Restaraunt is authentic and right across the street from Sunrise Tacos and on the back side of the shops- try it too.

The best Mexican in Pattaya/Jomtien is probably Sam's Mexican and Sunrise Tacos in Jomtien. If you've eaten Mexican food for many years like me (I've lived in San Diego for 35 years and worked in Tijuana and Mexicali Mexico for 15 years) you will soon avoid Taquilla Reef on soi 7 off 2nd road pattaya- its ok I guess if its your first experience with mexican food- but its pretty obvious that the owners have taken the cheap route in the ingredients and mexican chillis. the cooks in their kitchen scare me a bit since they smole and don't wash their hands afterwards- what else is new though. The dishes have pretty much become to taste like the thai's are cooking to their taste not the Mexican style taste.

the best Taco's in town are at Sunrise Taco on the main drag in Jomtien- you need to try the Tijuana Taco plate- this is the real taste that is identical to the great street tacos of mexico- three big tacos with two corn tortillas per taco and yes they are made home made corn tortilla !!!! - very rare in Thailand. Flour tortillas do not give tacos justice but are served everywhere else because they are cheap and store bought and taste like cardboard. Its funny but the Sunrise Tijuana tacos are the best and their Carnitas ( Pork ) tacos are the worst I've tasted - and they are served at the same restaraunt.

Sam's Mexican Restaraunt is authentic and right across the street from Sunrise Tacos and on the back side of the shops- try it too.

That thread you answered is from 2007....Jingthing is being too modest....here is a link to a recent poll...

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry5092374

Yes as everyone has already pointed out this is a very old thread with lots of old information. Better to close this one and go to the current thread with a poll on it HERE

//CLOSED//