Sweden asks the U.S. to explain Trump comment on Sweden

webfact

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Why doesn't Trump get his facts from the US intelligence agencies?  Getting his facts from Fox News is just bizarre.

Was wondering the same thing.  The POTUS has access to the most detailed, accurate, timely and comprehensive intelligence of anyone in the world.  Yet, idiot Trump chooses to get his intel from Fox News.  His stupidity knows no bounds. 

Ironically, Trump created the "fake news" he's been bangin' on about.  Even better, he was watching Fox News. That's so amusing.

I'm sure the amusing irony2 is lost on him until Kelly Anne Conway takes another deep, deep breath, calls him into the Oval Office for a "Time Out" and explains it to him.  Which seems to last about 8.7 minutes until the next blurted gaff.

3 hours ago, the guest said:

As per usual the Swedes are in denial that their country is broken. The press seem to conveniently leave out the names of suspects of crimes. The Swedish Police admitted that they can no longer control law and order. The main problem areas are Malmo, and Angered where high concentrations of immigrants now live. 

Listen or read the transcript. Trump was alluding to an immigrant related incident in Sweden that allegedly happened the night prior. There was none. He listened to a report about immigrant related crime on Fox News and then made up an incident which never happened. Reuters also reporting that  crime in Sweden overall is down, not up since 2005 (this is not to say there is no immigrant related crime). 

It is surely time that this idiot in the whitehouse gets his marching orders before he does unrepairable damage to the rest of the world. He has already caused many of the USA's former allies to question the wisdom of being associated with a country led by a pshycopath.

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

I talk to Swedes every day, and they say that Donald tells the truth and that the Swedish government has it,s head where the sun never shines.

No, he didn't!

He was talking about a specific event, that allegedly happened last night!

There was no specific event!

So he obviously has the head up his own @$$! 

1 minute ago, Allstars said:

Are you sure about that, or is this just some more drivel from sore losers.

Make your choice.

I'm not a Trump sore-loser.  But a reasonable adult knows he must be taken with the grain of salt, case by case, never at face value.   His credibility is gone, forfeited by his own actions and words.

No, I wasn't sure.  I am now after reading the link you provided, which is a perfect example of desperate clutching at straws to boot strap another stupid Trump gaff.   It also disagrees with Trump's own justification about what he meant - referring to the general situation in Sweden.  Although he clearly referred to an non-existent incident in Sweden  "last night".  Your link refers to a 3 Neo-Nazi dipshits from an incident 1 month ago. 

15 minutes ago, Allstars said:

Are you sure about that, or is this just some more drivel from sore losers.

Make your choice.

That happened a month ago.  Trump said it just happened.  From the OP:

U.S. President Donald Trump cites a Friday night terror incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida, but there was no terror attack reported in the country. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

There are no sore losers,  only those now sad we have a crazy president.

45 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Maybe my former home government should ask them selves why the world looks down on them now?

The world being you and like minded people?  Judging from the strength of its economy and the excellence of its health and educational systems, I'd say that they are very fortunate people indeed who are so situated as to be able to look down on Sweden. Or they are delusional.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Although no terrorist attack in Sweden, I think the politically correct Swedish authorities are downplaying what's happening, especially in the southern part of Sweden.

That said, Trump preferring to get his news fed via Fox News is worrying. But, given that he does not handle criticism and "difficult" questions well,  I am not surprised.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

He learned of the "thing in Sweden" from his daily "intelligence" briefing (watching the TV), in this case from trusted adviser Tucker Carlson on Fox News.

John Oliver is a kook. Most of these comedians have no content if it wasn't for Politicians.  With Black Comics it's the black white thing and with the white comics it's Trump. Either way, it's going to be a boring 8 years...

9 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Unfortunately the Swedish cops are so PC they do not dare to record the ethnicity of the criminals. 

Just unbelievable. There was NO specific incident that Trump was referring to on Fri night. He was not implying that someone robbed a 7/11 he was implying there was a major terrorist incident. There was NOT. he is supposed to be the leader of the free world.  :shock1:

If Trump starts a nuclear armageddon there will be his supporters saying it was the right thing to do................actually we are all completely screwed now, maybe it is the right thing to do!

By the way...just ask any women in Sweden if they feel safe these days. Raping is the new sport there now it seems. The country is imploding and they are in denial. "we want clarification on Trump's comments" How come I didn't need clarification? I watch many different News outlets and they are all reporting on the mess Sweden is becoming.

2 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Trump would be better of not opening his mouth or just read from a prepared script so he doesn't make silly mistakes and citing wrong facts and the constant need to clarify himself after every speech.

There are no 'wrong facts' that is the whole point. There are facts and lies. If he stated facts rather than lies there would be no need to clarify anything.

2 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

By the way...just ask any women in Sweden if they feel safe these days. Raping is the new sport there now it seems. The country is imploding and they are in denial. "we want clarification on Trump's comments" How come I didn't need clarification? I watch many different News outlets and they are all reporting on the mess Sweden is becoming.

That is NOT what Trump was talking about and implying and you know that.

Let's see:

Old white guy

Wears his ties too long

Talks incessantly about his glory days of winning the election

Creepy handshake

Sits in his bathrobe watching Fox

Believes everything he sees on Fox

OMG. America has finally elected that guy who keeps telling the kids to stay off his lawn.

T

Once again shows Trump again shows  he is good at running for President but  no good at being a PRESIDENT.

He is simply incapable of separating reality in a complex world from his simple minded pre conceptions.

Because of that failing he should be removed from the  Presidency in a complicated and complex real world environment he is not able to handle

This is not a hostile comment, just a statement of the current President's capacity for the complex job he inherited'

Let's just face it, he is mentally unable to handle the complex job of being President.

7 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Once again shows Trump again shows  he is good at running for President but  no good at being a PRESIDENT.

He is simply incapable of separating reality in a complex world from his simple minded pre conceptions.

Because of that failing he should be removed from the  Presidency in a complicated and complex real world environment he is not able to handle

This is not a hostile comment, just a statement of the current President's capacity for the complex job he inherited'

Let's just face it, he is mentally unable to handle the complex job of being President.

Let's just face it, bla bla bla bla