FTW! Thailand wins for worst traffic in world

webfact

16 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

64 hours a year is about 12 minutes per day in traffic. Average for the whole country that is. 

Yea it has to be wrong - they must mean per month (likely not per week) - if per month that would be about 2 hours a day which sounds about right.

Thats 2 hours of dodging A$$holes, narrowly avoiding total Di6ks and massaging 1000 lucky charms.  

Death, maiming, and congestion.  These should be a addressed as priorities.  The lose of productivity and fuel expense alone is huge.  The death and destruction, due to a lack of police enforcement and the judiciary, is a moral and financial issue.  These, along with corruption and education, need to be priorities for any Thai leader.  It will go along way in gaining political capitol to take these seriously.

It's bad enough driving with the lunatic fringe, but the traffic lights are controlled by an organisation that truly dors not care about traffic flow. I live near Khon Kean....how many traffic lights only allow one-out-of-four lanes  a green light????? TOO MANY.

Waiting 2 minutes for lights to change, for a 40 second window is exasperating.

17 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Manila and KL are worse

And so is Jakarta but none of those cities has an effective MRT/BTS/Light.Rail network, nor a river.

At least Jakarta has tried with the odd/even system for downtown and the requirement to have driver+2 in the vehicle ( the latter doesn't work because of the hiring of car sitters, ie people who are employed to sit in the car regularly).

Bangkok doesn't even try and nor does it deal with the worst excesses of selfish driving/parking ( probably lest they offend the poorly named Bangkok hiso elite).

46 minutes ago, crutchy26 said:

It's bad enough driving with the lunatic fringe, but the traffic lights are controlled by an organisation that truly dors not care about traffic flow. I live near Khon Kean....how many traffic lights only allow one-out-of-four lanes  a green light????? TOO MANY.

Waiting 2 minutes for lights to change, for a 40 second window is exasperating.

True....

One long light here let's about 3-4 cars deep out per change - 5-6 vehicles if no hesitation(s) - about 17 seconds when I counted it out.... Meanwhile, there's a 200-300 meter backup waiting for 6 different signal changes to cycle through again....

Traffic studies & light coordination would help in many high traffic areas....

Edited by pgrahmm

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:10 AM, reenatinnakor said:

Lol. More fake news.

Only 37 countries in the study and no Philippines or China. Manila is much worse than Bangkok.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Nothing fake whatsoever , the news presented was accurate , perhaps the survey methodology was flawed but nothing was fake. I dont know why people keep using this Trump buzz phrase , especially as like him it logicaly makes no sense most of the time.

Just have a look at the street maps of Bangkok or any city in Thailand and then compare that to the maps of cities in Japan or Europe and you will understand why it is congested. Thailand's roads are all bottlenecks, and city development is done without area and mobility surveys. Combine this with egoistic driving, corrupt police, crack head bus drivers and you understand why Thailand ranks so high. 

Any hope for the future? When city planners come up with projects such as the Airport Link, the empty purple line and the soon to be Bang Sue White Elephant station, my hopes are not so up.