Tourists blamed for pirate goods problems as ministry heeds PM's call

webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

It's those pesky tourists who are to blame! And the foreigners! The Thais don't buy fake goods. Of course they don't. If we can ban tourists and foreigners coming to Thailand, there will be no problems here at all, in fact.

a suggestion to adopt.

6 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Who come's to Thailand as part of a tour group? And why everyweek has the Tourism minister a new idea that she has to share with the nation?
A friend back in England kept telling us his great ideas and plans every week down the pub. We later found out he was smoking waki baki.
Is this the case here as well. Is the tourism minister on the 'green tea'?

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on the good times
Blame it on the tourist's

That nasty tourist bugs me, but somehow how they have drugged me
Grean leaf tea gets me on my feet
I've changed my life completely, I've had major plastic surgery,
And Prayuth just can't take his eyes off me

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on the good times
Blame it on the tourist's

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Wilsonandson

1 hour ago, losername said:

Apologies if this has been said before but I cannot read  the whole 6 pages of repetition.

If the goods are here and the tourists buy to take home, the answer is simple.

Wake up the customs officers who sit all day doing nothing and make them stop the goods coming here and stop the tourist taking the goods home.

why pass the buck to customs? get at the shops that sell. 

6 hours ago, ezflip said:

Sure...turn a blind eye to all the Thais that invade Emporium Mall on petchaburi road, or the stalls across the street, or the little unnamed mall a few meters away, or...

Let's blame the tourist. So much easier.

you are right. hide the dirt under the carpet.

I think something is really wrong with the investigative works of the police and the authorities concerned. For gawd sake just go online and see all the facebook accounts in thai of those selling fake goods.....its thai consumers buying them. Walk at Union Mall at Lardphrao....99% thai consumers buying fake adidas shoes, fake sportswear, fake brands, bags etc. Give us foreigners  abreak really thailand! Yes i do agree there are cheap farangs who buy these fakes at the tourists areas (Seldom Asians ie Chinese, Indians, Singaporeans, Malaysians, Japanese, Koreans, etc as they can afford the real things and prefer the real things plus its their countries that are making the fake goods!)

1 minute ago, sahibji said:

why pass the buck to customs? get at the shops that sell. 

That might work, but who is to say the shops know what is fake either, anyone can be fooled. I would think that this stuff needs to be dealt with by those capable/knowledgeable enough to find the fakes, find the people selling them, then backtrack to those supplying them. 

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Perhaps people need to actually read the article rather than just the, badly written, headline. They're blaming the tour guides that take the tourists to these places, not the tourists.

still boils down to the fact that the shop owners who sell these products to whomsoever should be targetted.

8 minutes ago, sahibji said:

yellowboat you have precisely said the right thing.

Almost the same logic was applied when they were told to fix their air worthiness, it took direct threats of shutting them down, to actually get them to accept their less than adequate system. Same goes for their fishing industry, and they are finally addressing that before the European Union shuts down their exports to that region. It takes a lot to get these morons to take real action, or to accept their own failures, or their complete incompetence. Its actually mind-boggling that these imbeciles are running a country... 

Edited by ocddave

7 hours ago, DNPBC0 said:

Why not simply 'get tough' on the retailers selling these goods?

Because they are Thai and therefore very poor.

Isn't this wonderfully Thai. They want to stop tourists visiting the shops that sell fake goods, rather than shutting those shops down. Absolutely classic Thai.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Its true, every word of it! Finally they got something right! 

The copy items are one of Thailands greatest draw cards. I love them and every time I fly back to Farang land I usually have buckets full of the stuff. I tell everyone how great and cheap all these knock offs are while they still look new in the moments before they break with the exception of those items gifted to the relatives for bdays or christmas etc, to whom I can explain that I thought it was real and cost me an arm and a leg.

I love haggling for the items and the rare times you can actually score a reasonable pair of knock off Sunnies for 75baht (if you buy 10 pairs) a pair is a true and memorable victory!

Please Thailand, please never take away this wonderful draw card of an industry.

5 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

And they still can't work out tourists want and like fake goods! The fake ones are so good now you really can't tell the difference any more. Esp headphones and cables and small gadgets.

Whilst that may well be true, you would be spitting the dummy if you had developed a brand of headphones and people were copying them and selling the copies for less.

Oh Dear ,Just when you think our beloved Torism minster and her 'supporters' couldn't come out with anything more stupid they come out with this. It beggars belief and and I haven't read through all the posts as I don't need too. Tourists can't work ,can't set up shops ,bring the massive volumes of goods into the country or advertise these goods for sale.. They really are stupid and think everyone reading these press releases are also. Deal with the real problem if you must ! Shut down manafacturers ,shops selling and people who bring these goods into the country. You cannot with any justifiable argument blame the tourists for purchasing the items you allow to be openly sold....idiots in charge and just been categorically confirmed .  

2 hours ago, JAG said:

I think perhaps you should look again at my post "elgordo", I was quoting another poster (and you edited that post) not suggesting that they "kill all foreigners/expats and those that vote red".

My apologies. Its Wednesday the day of silliness. 

Whilst that may well be true, you would be spitting the dummy if you had developed a brand of headphones and people were copying them and selling the copies for less.

Well if I was Dr Dre or Tim Cook I wouldn't <deleted> charge the consumer 300 usd for a pair of shitty headphones anyway! They only have themselves to blame.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Perhaps people need to actually read the article rather than just the, badly written, headline. They're blaming the tour guides that take the tourists to these places, not the tourists.

They are blaming everyone but the bleedin' obvious, akin to blaming the curb-crawlers and ignoring the pros. Who is <deleted> making/selling the stuff?!

7 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Who come's to Thailand as part of a tour group? And why everyweek has the Tourism minister a new idea that she has to share with the nation?
A friend back in England kept telling us his great ideas and plans every week down the pub. We later found out he was smoking waki baki.
Is this the case here as well. Is the tourism minister on the 'green tea'?

Is the Tourism Minister on green tea or ganja............ she is obviously a Thai lady that knows nothing.....

Probably got her job the same way YINGLUK got hers..........