online check-in

zlodnick

I booked a flight out of Thailand with Thai and printed out an e ticket.

They suggest checking in online and printing out a boarding pass. Ok, I'll give it a try.

I did some online research and got some conflicting info. Some say with a print out boarding pass, you can just go to the boarding gate, show the boarding pass, passport, e ticket and visa, (if required), and thats it.

The AOT website says, even with a boarding pass, you must go to the check-in counter.

What's the truth?

Yes have noticed same with different carriers & i would say it is due to it being a international flight that you must go to counter

But I also had the choice of just printing ticket & straight on with Jetstar ( cabin baggage only ) but can't recal if Int. or Dom.

Unless things have changed recently the option for printing the boarding pass doesn't work for Thai on international routes. It just tells you to go to the bag-drop / internet check-in counter at the airport.

Last time I was there the queue for bag drop was longer than the regular counters so I just went there, the system knows you've done an online check-in.