Thai Gangs fight ends with Serious Injuries

webfact

Thai Gangs fight ends with Serious Injuries

By Danny Boy -

gor-pai.jpg?fit=1037,692

A fight between 2 rival Thai gangs ends with serious injury

PATTAYA: -- At around 3:30am on February 24th, Police and emergency services were called to Soi Gor Pai in South Pattaya after reports of a fight between 2 rival gangs.

Arriving at the scene, police found the body of a young Thai male, laid out in the middle of the road. He had suffered some serious injuries to his body, but more notably, his face. Paramedics were quick to treat him at the scene, making sure everything was safe before moving the body and rushing him off to hospital.

An eye witness to the incident came forward and told police that he had seen a fight break out between 2 rival gangs. He was not sure what caused the fight, but it seemed to escalate fairly quickly. It soon became apparent that 1 gang was far superior to the other, and it didn’t take long for the weaker gang to make a run for it. Unfortunately, one of the members wasn’t able to get away in time, and the fight turned into a 1 vs. 6 scenario. Kicking and punching the victim on the ground, the gang made their getaway after seeing the victim lay unconscious in the middle of the road.

Police and emergency services were called immediately.

No one at the scene wa able to identify any of the gang members, so police will now be looking at CCTV images for any clues that may lead them to the people involved.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/gang-fight-ends-serious-injuries/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-24

Thais are introduced to violence as soon as they start school. The teachers will hit them and slap them for any misdemeanour.

Is it any wonder that when they have a grievance with others that violence is how they deal with it?

They are very impatient people who do not have the communication skills we take for granted in resolving problems.

How many times have each of you reading been in a situation where a Thai becomes very short with you and gets angry?

Often over something very minor and easily resolved.

Sadly, they also have a pack mentality, as we have all undoubtedly also witnessed.

One punch thrown at a Thai and everyone in sight kicks the crap out of that person.

Only theory I can come up with for that is that poor education leaves people only one step removed from animals.

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thais are introduced to violence as soon as they start school. The teachers will hit them and slap them for any misdemeanour.

Is it any wonder that when they have a grievance with others that violence is how they deal with it?

They are very impatient people who do not have the communication skills we take for granted in resolving problems.

How many times have each of you reading been in a situation where a Thai becomes very short with you and gets angry?

Sadly, they also have a pack mentality, as we have all undoubtedly also witnessed.

One punch thrown at a Thai and everyone in sight kicks the crap out of that person.

Only theory I can come up with for that is that poor education leaves people only one step removed from animals.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if this comment ever goes viral.

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Rabid animals show similar characteristics.  A good deterrent would be to cut off their right hands and left legs.  After a year the population may get the message or they will all be hopping mad.

Hi all part of the problem seems to be access to weapons and alcohol.I was in sampeng and saw a young kid buying knuckle dusters and knives He bought about 10 of each.The knuckleduster's had a built in tazer and knives were flick knives. Surely not for personal use ?

Is this news?  Gangs of youths fighting is hardly new is it.  In our day it was mods and rockers and before that the teddy boys with their cut throat razors.  I know this thread is about Thai youths but surely this is just another day of testosterone fuelled adolescents.

56 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Is this news?  Gangs of youths fighting is hardly new is it.  In our day it was mods and rockers and before that the teddy boys with their cut throat razors.  I know this thread is about Thai youths but surely this is just another day of testosterone fuelled adolescents.

I think any fight which leaves someone unconscious and possible seriously hurt after being assaulted 6 to 1 makes the news, certainly local and/or regional news.

Yep, we had gang fights, school based fights, etc as young teenagers. But that didn't extend to Universities and Colleges like it does here on a regular basis involving guns and weapons.

The temperament is different here. I observe things can escalate very quickly over trivia, and the obsession with face then magnifies it out of all proportion. Add that to seeming lack of communication constructs that deal with emotions and the gang/pack mentality and up it goes. The "I'm never wrong, never make a mistake, must be treated specially" mentality with the never must loose face drive is a strong cocktail.

Having said that if you got into a fight with another group back home, you certainly didn't want to be the one caught on his own. 

On 2/24/2017 at 4:15 PM, darksidedog said:

Really...I don't think education is the answer...the same behavior occurs among blacks in the usa, and they are hand fed school...i don't know the answer, but i'm guessing that a lack of consequences has a lot to do with it...i've gone to school for decades, and believe me, if i only had to pay 500 baht whenever i put someone in the hospital, my days would be spent swinging a baseball bat at every <deleted> i encountered...

11 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Rabid animals show similar characteristics.  A good deterrent would be to cut off their right hands and left legs.  After a year the population may get the message or they will all be hopping mad.

Then when they stop hopping, string them up by their balls for a week, I think must go and lay down for a while!