Why the big hold up refunding tax on interest?

I live up in the sticks but banking is as good as anywhere in Thailand with a few branches in town. I went at beginning of January, collected the paper and took it to the relevant office I have always used to claim back the tax.

We were informed there was a new system in place to do all this directly through the bank and online. They mentioned ' phom pay ' or words to that effect meaning me as a registered foreigner with an address and yellow book and tax I.D. was searched through the system and matched to an ID then with bank co operation funds could be sent directly to the bank.

We were already there, and to do this required other forms etc so opted for the old style method of cheque in the post. We had already also looked online but it was confusing and not straightforward as I do not have citizens I.D. and passports didn't seem to cut it.

Anyway, another visit to the tax office today and a further phone call to the authorities and I was informed it had been sent and returned as relevant information was not there to transfer the funds so it would now be sent in the post in about another 45 days! That will take us to the middle of April, which seems a bit long.

Has anybody else had a similar problem like this??

They want to send the refund to you by Prompt Pay. I am registered for it and used my passport number. I have online banking with Bangkok bank and got messages to register for it when I logged in months ago.

I assume all banks are the same. Info  is here on Bangkok Bank website.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/NationalEpayment/Pages/index.aspx