Scam or Not ? Giffarine, Amway, Zulyan, Avon, Pyramid schemes, what is the investment ?

Hello,

My idea about Giffarine, Amway, Zulyan, Avon, and others pyramid schemes is that it's a business organized by greedy -but clever- unscrupulous people to target greedy -but- uneducated people...

But maybe I am wrong ?

What is the first investment to start selling?

Do you know anybody selling them ? Which one is better ?

Thank you to telle me all :-)

I would not call them pyramid schemes but multi-level marketing rip offs. Any product that focusses

on recruiting people to sell for you and not selling the product to end line users should be avoided

at all costs.

My best friend got involved in a MLM involving a super juice.  I declined to join his network as I had been through this kind of thing in the 70s and knew how it worked.  He thought he would be rich in a few months. Lasted about two months before it collapsed.  A few months later he got involved in another MLM concerning super cheap vacations.  I told him flat out that it was just a scheme if not an out right scam.  That one lasted a few weeks as well.  But he hasn't spoken to me since.  So he lost his investment(?) and his best pal.  

16 minutes ago, williet98248 said:

Jump in if you want to lose your money, time and friends.

Yep. After you ask all your friends and family to buy your products what are you going to do, go door to door? MLM schemes: How to lose friends and family in one easy step.

A major concern of mine is that one of the Thai people I care about will get mixed up with Amway.

Not because they are greedy (they're not) but because they are naive and trusting.   As I was in my late teens when I was nearly sucked into a similar UK scam.....Golden Products.

An older, wiser friend of mine dragged me back from the precipice.

Well first of all there is a big difference between legit MLM or Network Marketing and illegal Ponzi/pyramid schemes. As always when someone asks about this the same type of comments comes up. You lose your money, it's a pyramid, you lose your friends, it doesn't work bla bla bla... 

If your car gets broken, where do you go ask for help? Your mom or at a garage? If you like to learn play tennis, who will be the best to teach you? Serena Williams or you beer drinking neighbor? If you want to know the facts and to really learn about a subject you must ask someone who knows what they are talking about, a professional. Not someone that never have done it or failed in what you want to learn or know about.

I have been 20 years soon in the same MLM company and still make a residual income. And it's the only income I have. I can live a comfortable life here in Thailand. I'm not super rich or anything like that, but I did my homework and job to get me where I am today. MLM works for me.

Anyone can start in MLM, but it isn't for everyone. If you have a lottery mentality and think it's a get rich quick thing - just forget even start. It's for entrepreneurs that want to put their heart and soul into the business, just like any other business. 

Just saying...

9 hours ago, Tengtai said:

Well first of all there is a big difference between legit MLM or Network Marketing and illegal Ponzi/pyramid schemes. As always when someone asks about this the same type of comments comes up. You lose your money, it's a pyramid, you lose your friends, it doesn't work bla bla bla... 

If your car gets broken, where do you go ask for help? Your mom or at a garage? If you like to learn play tennis, who will be the best to teach you? Serena Williams or you beer drinking neighbor? If you want to know the facts and to really learn about a subject you must ask someone who knows what they are talking about, a professional. Not someone that never have done it or failed in what you want to learn or know about.

I have been 20 years soon in the same MLM company and still make a residual income. And it's the only income I have. I can live a comfortable life here in Thailand. I'm not super rich or anything like that, but I did my homework and job to get me where I am today. MLM works for me.

Anyone can start in MLM, but it isn't for everyone. If you have a lottery mentality and think it's a get rich quick thing - just forget even start. It's for entrepreneurs that want to put their heart and soul into the business, just like any other business. 

Just saying...

You may have had some success with MLM but face it   99% of the people fail at it So my answer to anyone looking at MLM is skip it Not worth it Hold on to your money

20 hours ago, Enoon said:

A major concern of mine is that one of the Thai people I care about will get mixed up with Amway.

Not because they are greedy (they're not) but because they are naive and trusting.   As I was in my late teens when I was nearly sucked into a similar UK scam.....Golden Products.

An older, wiser friend of mine dragged me back from the precipice.

Exactly what I am thinking, but why ? Do they have to invest any money ?