rent a shop and start business in pattaya

hello dear friends
at first i apology for my not well english

me and one of my friends decided together for open a shop in pattaya
we have about 25.000$ financial capital for all things

is there any chance with this amount of money?
i heard we should employ 2 thai people for each of us to get business visa, how much is salary and benefits for each of them should we pay ?
how much is costs for business visa and Lawyer ?

thank you guys very much

You dont say what nationality you and your friend are..
for westerners its 3 Thai jobs per 1 work permit and something like 50,000 baht per month income per work permit to receive extensions of stay.
The employees should be paid at least the minimum national wage of 300 baht per day + contributions to the government social security fund.
Visa is not much money it is what you have to do to get the extensions that cost money..
you probably need an accountant to make sure the company books are in order and fulfil the legal requirements.
Also be aware that there is a long list of jobs that a foreigner is not allowed to do.

I know for a fact that property agents are not among the jobs in the prohibited list. Over the past few weeks, I have seen many Chinese property agents bring their Chinese customers to my condo for viewing. There were a couple of russian agents too, but Chinese property agents seem to springing up from everywhere.

2 minutes ago, thairookie said:

I know for a fact that property agents are not among the jobs in the prohibited list. Over the past few weeks, I have seen many Chinese property agents bring their Chinese customers to my condo for viewing. There were a couple of russian agents too, but Chinese property agents seem to springing up from everywhere.

Who was talking about property agents ?

24 minutes ago, johng said:

You dont say what nationality you and your friend are..
for westerners its 3 Thai jobs per 1 work permit and something like 50,000 baht per month income per work permit to receive extensions of stay.
The employees should be paid at least the minimum national wage of 300 baht per day + contributions to the government social security fund.
Visa is not much money it is what you have to do to get the extensions that cost money..
you probably need an accountant to make sure the company books are in order and fulfil the legal requirements.
Also be aware that there is a long list of jobs that a foreigner is not allowed to do.

thanks for your time

we are from ir.an and we want to start hookah bar

yes accountant ( Lawyer ) is very important if you can please Introduce some of good accountant ( Lawyer ) office to me

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

we know very different things are not completely legal in pattaya but they doing them, so i think we should do this under normal bar name not shisha bar name!

Hookah is against the law in my country to, but we have many place for it!

Edited by bigboy2828

10 minutes ago, johng said:

If you do "not completely legal" then you can ignore any advice here and just do it but you're going to need lots more money and dont be surprised when the men in green come knocking at the door.

anything is not perfect in the world, anything is not completely legal,  you never had diving penalty ?! mans in green kill you because you did that illegal move?!

please advice against disappointment

thank you

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Forget the idea  there are too many bars in Pattaya already and Hookah's will bring the police and army to shut you down.

we are not talking about north korea ! we are talking about pattaya !

please just say how can i open a normal shop bar, and want is the steps ?

1 minute ago, bigboy2828 said:

we are not talking about north korea ! we are talking about pattaya !

please just say how can i open a normal shop bar, and want is the steps ?

buy an existing bar, there is many for sale (and for good reason, there is no money in them).

Edited by Don Mega

2 minutes ago, bigboy2828 said:

i said we just have 25.000$ budget for rent a place, i dont thing we can buy any good place with this budget

you aint buying anyplace, you will be renting whether that's taking over an existing bar or starting from scratch.

I assume that 25,000 is USD, that will get you into an existing shithole in the wall type of bar.

Edited by Don Mega

Just now, bigboy2828 said:

ok now how is the steps ?

for example how can i find a shop around 4 5 6 allay in beach road ?

what is the price for rent ?

the how can i find perfect Law Office ?

should be able to get a shophouse on the 6 for about10,000 a month, give or take another 100k or so !!

5 minutes ago, bigboy2828 said:

are you living there ? is there any website for these ?

Yeah I live here, your best bet would be to come to Thailand and walk around and look (heh, you aint set-up a place from abroad anyways).

with all the army and police raids on bars at the moment there will be plenty for rent, be silly to re-open it for the purposes of illegal activities though otherwise you too will be raided and closed !!