The Film "Moonlight"....

robertthebruce

The story is told in three parts with three separate actors, the final actor, who is actually or was an Olympic Medalist, was excellent...

He actually looked like. 50 Cent the singer....., Thug like appearance, but Excellent part he played, I loved the film......

Kind of Sad....., the hardships of being Black and Gay.....

No, Moonlight won.   It was a bit of fiasco as the official from Price Waterhouse gave Warren Beaty the card for best actress, which was Emma Stone for La La Land, he handed the card to Faye Dunaway after a pause (it actually seemed like a senior moment), she saw La La Land and announced it.   Later it got sorted, but it was a fiasco.

I hated La La land and just turned it off after 15 minutes or so. However, I thought Moonlight was a good film. IMO, not worthy of a best picture Oscar, but still good. There were better movies last year, but it won in the name of diversity.

Both La La and moonlight were terrible. Only nominated out of misplaced PC tokenism.  Hollywood trying to rebutt last years accusations of a lack of diversity etc etc. The truth is that the majority of hollywood's target viewing audience is not black and not gay and not interested in a candy floss surrealistic musical. 

Make move hard hitting movies for adults.

19 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Both La La and moonlight were terrible. Only nominated out of misplaced PC tokenism.  Hollywood trying to rebutt last years accusations of a lack of diversity etc etc. The truth is that the majority of hollywood's target viewing audience is not black and not gay and not interested in a candy floss surrealistic musical. 

Make move hard hitting movies for adults.

I would have to agree, this years movies are all disappointing. I usually make a point of watching all the nominations, and that usually means 3-4 great movies. This years theme seams to be ordinary stories about ordinary people doing ordinary things. Yes some great acting , but that can only carry an average story so far.

A tap dancing musical, <deleted> is that about, lol

My picks would be Lion or Hacksaw ridge.

Edited by Peterw42

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, robertthebruce said:

The story is told in three parts with three separate actors, the final actor, who is actually or was an Olympic Medalist, was excellent...

He actually looked like. 50 Cent the singer....., Thug like appearance, but Excellent part he played, I loved the film......

Kind of Sad....., the hardships of being Black and Gay.....

Dear Bob,
The moment you hear a comparison of Hacksaw Bridge to Moonlight, you know that it's time to fold it (this topic) right? I'm sure you know what I mean. For me the one ( actually two big) pieces of PC tokenism of the show was when the Directing and Score awards go to LA LA Land, instead of _________  (again I'm sure you can fill in the blank here, hint: just one word with 2 syllables.)

Now that I've put in my two cents, you can close the thread. And treat yourself to another viewing of Moonlight, I assure you'll be delighted and got your time much better spent (than threading the topic here.)

ps - Btw, when I hear about "hard-hitting movies for adults," Liam Neeson comes (or shall I say, sprints) to mind. I wonder the next Taken movie is number 5 or 50 in the series? For the moment, I think Kong the skull island would do (the hard-hitting) for now, if not then Logan. And can you explain why a movie is generally "more interesting" if based on a true story? I never got that....