Trump decides to skip White House press dinner

rooster59

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, pegman said:

Huh? The IAEA UN weapons inspectors said no evidence of them! Most other countries believed them including mine. Your press ridiculed us. Why? Because war requires big taxpayer money spent on weapons. Ike's point still stands. You have a very sick society and you more than deserve Trump. Just remember when you have 2 big business political parties it's heads they win and tails you lose. Everytime! Corporate media will even make you think you have scratch in the game.

Sorry, blaming the press for that is a few steps too far.

20 hours ago, heybruce said:

You consider the news to be fake because the television news programs don't cover what you want them to cover?  No news program can cover everything that everyone wants to watch.  However the fact that you can still find the niche "news" that appeals to you is evidence that, for now, there is still a real free press.

Fake news is the intentional publication of false information.  Trump reporting that millions of people illegally voted for Hillary Clinton is fake news.  Nobody has given examples of CNN, Washington Post, BBC, etc reporting fake news.

I don't know what the tv news is like in your country, but in mine they are worse than useless when it comes to international news, and spend more time on gossipy type rubbish than hard news. They also tell half truths and indulge in opinion far too much. I rarely bother watching as they are so useless for finding out anything. The only stuff that is reported truthfully is disasters, as it's very hard to make propaganda out of an earthquake, etc.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know what the tv news is like in your country, but in mine they are worse than useless when it comes to international news, and spend more time on gossipy type rubbish than hard news. They also tell half truths and indulge in opinion far too much. I rarely bother watching as they are so useless for finding out anything. The only stuff that is reported truthfully is disasters, as it's very hard to make propaganda out of an earthquake, etc.

'They ' this and 'they' that.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

TV news dedicates a lot of air time to infotainment due to competitive pressures.  In the US C-SPAN provides non-stop coverage of Congress, real news, and is watched by very few people.  Every news summary programs try to cover stories of interest to everyone, and by spreading themselves too thin become useless at anything other than providing notice of important recent developments (they call it "breaking news", but stretch the meaning of that too far).

However you don't have to limit yourself to TV news.  There are publications that have spent decades building a reputation for in-depth, fact based analysis of world events and work hard to maintain their reputation for objective analysis.  However they don't feed you feel-good stories in easy to absorb sound-bites, which many people (Trump) prefer.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:28 AM, heybruce said:

A tweet may be more appealing to people who lack critical thinking skills and don't want to be confused by facts and analysis. However some people prefer the deluge of facts and analysis that a robust free press provides.

Regarding the lack of neutrality in the press, do you think facts are biased?  Do you think Trump's tweets are well informed and unbiased?

BTW, the press should be a rational skeptic of all that a national leader promotes.  It's what keeps a free society free.  That's why dictators and would-be dictators hate a free press.

AMEN.

Isn't it remarkable  that something so basic like this suggests a need to be explained? Man o' man.

30 minutes ago, balo said:

Can we have one week in the media without this clown ? Maybe it's better for the media to boycott him and  forget him completely.  

Unfortunately, Trump can do a lot of damage to America, day by day, week by week.  That's why the media have to keep doing their jobs:  reporting what's going on, and what's being hidden.

WH press dinner:  joke suggestion:   Which US president is the greatest in history?

Which is most popular?   Which had the most people in attendance at his inauguration? 

Which is most respectful of Women?   Which president is most respectful of the CIA?

Answer to all the above questions:  Donald Trump.

audience response:  ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

On 2/27/2017 at 2:22 PM, heybruce said:

You consider the news to be fake because the television news programs don't cover what you want them to cover?  No news program can cover everything that everyone wants to watch.  However the fact that you can still find the niche "news" that appeals to you is evidence that, for now, there is still a real free press.

Fake news is the intentional publication of false information.  Trump reporting that millions of people illegally voted for Hillary Clinton is fake news.  Nobody has given examples of CNN, Washington Post, BBC, etc reporting fake news.

Republican Russia conspirator Trump is the biggest liar of the century. He had the guts to accuse others of lying? The - poor excuse of a - man is mentally ill.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, Credo said:

The press was at a distinct disadvantage in reporting on the WMD.   The press does have to verify it's sources as much as possible and it does.   It's very difficult to get sources in a country like Iraq under Saddam.   

Trump is just plain afraid to show up.

The Press Association Dinner is a way of bringing closer relations between the WH and the Press; it's not unlike an office party.   It's pretty clear that Trump does not wish to have a reasonable relationship with the press.   I suspect this is for good reasons.   He doesn't expect to be a reasonable President.   

He only wants to DICTATE. That is one reason he admires other dictators. He's begun Bannon's mission to destroy U.S. democracy but gain power and more wealth. That's the plan. 

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

A Fair Dictator beats any weak leader like Obama.Democracy is doomed by Sheepish Liberals in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Are you saying that democracy needs to be saved by a dictator, or that you prefer dictatorship to democracy?

Edited by heybruce

3 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

At least You know what a Fascists going to do,a Liberals never sure

With right wingers Pavlov's law means that their responses are absolutely predictable whereas since liberals use the higher functions of the brain which means doing stuff like weighing evidence and following logic, their responses are not predictable.

6 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

A Fair Dictator beats any weak leader like Obama.Democracy is doomed by Sheepish Liberals in the US.

Forbes thinks otherwise.

Want A Better Economy? History Says Vote Democrat!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/10/10/want-a-better-economy-history-says-vote-democrat/#cb4499ecb449