Lunch Buffet - Bangkok

strikingsunset

21 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

That's a shame because I was going to suggest 27 Bites at the Radisson Blue on Sukhumvit. We often go to their buffet for dinner and if we book via the eatigo app, mentioned by tallguyjohn, it's a tad under 950 Baht, including tax and service, and that includes free flow wine or beer. 

That sounds like a good deal, but I do not drink.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

That's a shame because I was going to suggest 27 Bites at the Radisson Blue on Sukhumvit. We often go to their buffet for dinner and if we book via the eatigo app, mentioned by tallguyjohn, it's a tad under 950 Baht, including tax and service, and that includes free flow wine or beer. 

Yep, here's what I see on Eatigo for 27 Bites and their Mon to Sat Dinner Buffet, 6 to 10:30 pm The listed price below is prior to them adding tax and SC onto the full, pre-discount value.  But it certainly appears to be a really great deal, one I hadn't noticed before.

When I look at this coming Monday, for example, I see Eatigo offering the full 50% discount for the entire buffet period, except the last hour for some reason when it drops to 40%, which is unusual. They don't say free flow for the beer and wine aspect, but I'm assuming they don't mean just one complimentary drink.

2017-03-04 06.03.45.jpg

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

That sounds like a good deal, but I do not drink.

Ha!!! Neither does my wife, alcoholic beverages, that is.  But she probably can eat enough food to more than make up for it!  :smile:

Or, I can drink enough to more than make up for her!!!

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Also, on a related matter, I just saw a Facebook ad the other day that has the Huntsman offering PINTS of local beers Sun to Thurs during their 3-9 pm happy hour period for 99 baht++ per, which likewise, seems a very good deal.  :burp:

PS1382.jpg

Thanks for that! 99++ (which adds up to what?) is good for a pint of Singha!

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

2 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Thanks for that! 99++ (whicH adds up to what?) is good for a pint of Singha!

RAZZ

Figure an extra 17% or so, making it about 116-117b per all in.

Just as a caution, I looked today and did NOT see this ad posted on the Landmark's own Facebook page. But I did see the ad posted on FB by a normally reliable third party. So I'm assuming, but cannot confirm, it's a currently valid promotion.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

But here's one I did see directly on the Landmark's FB page today, consistent with what's been posted above re The Huntsman and their weekend roast buffet. Nice that at least at the Huntsman, they're not jacking up their regular price just to take advantage of a holiday period. I'm not sure the same can be said for their Easter pricing at the Atrium.

2017-03-04 13_51.jpg

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yep, here's what I see on Eatigo for 27 Bites and their Mon to Sat Dinner Buffet, 6 to 10:30 pm The listed price below is prior to them adding tax and SC onto the full, pre-discount value.  But it certainly appears to be a really great deal, one I hadn't noticed before.

When I look at this coming Monday, for example, I see Eatigo offering the full 50% discount for the entire buffet period, except the last hour for some reason when it drops to 40%, which is unusual. They don't say free flow for the beer and wine aspect, but I'm assuming they don't mean just one complimentary drink.

Yes, it's pretty good value, probably not the number one buffet in the area, but  a pretty good selection, we go there fairly regularly.
As you point out they only charge the tax and SC on the discounted price, unlike the Landmark which charges the VAT and SC on the price it would have been if it wasn't discounted.
The full discount is usually available, but they seem to have a dynamic pricing system, like budget airlines, as bookings are taken the discount can go down.

I can confirm that the alcohol is free flow, certainly the wine is, though I'm not 100% sure about the beer, we were there on Wednesday and they were still topping up our glasses after we'd settled the bill, it would have been churlish to refuse.  

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, it's pretty good value, probably not the number one buffet in the area, but  a pretty good selection, we go there fairly regularly.
As you point out they only charge the tax and SC on the discounted price, unlike the Landmark which charges the VAT and SC on the price it would have been if it wasn't discounted.
The full discount is usually available, but they seem to have a dynamic pricing system, like budget airlines, as bookings are taken the discount can go down.

I can confirm that the alcohol is free flow, certainly the wine is, though I'm not 100% sure about the beer, we were there on Wednesday and they were still topping up our glasses after we'd settled the bill, it would have been churlish to refuse.  

I can't speak to 27 Bites specifically. But in general, I think every restaurant I've ever visited with a Eatigo discount has added their tax and service charge based on the FULL, non-discounted amount of the bill.

We went to Chu just the other day via Eatigo, and they tallied up the food total, figured a 50% deduction from that, then added the beverages amount, and then applied the service charge and VAT against the food and beverage total prior to deducting the 50% off food discount.

So even if you have a nominal 50% Eatigo discount and no added drinks, you never really end up with a full 50% off your actual bill, because the added back 17% service charge and VAT amount against the total, non-discounted bill brings down the total amount of the overall discount.

On 04/03/2017 at 7:47 AM, KittenKong said:

No, I haven't been there, sorry. I thought the dishes in the Maya buffet were very good. Not at all cheaply done and with delicate and individual flavours. And the view is an added bonus. I would not hesitate to go back there any Sunday. I would be less likely to go on other days as I much prefer a buffet to ordering from the menu as that way I can pick and choose and have tasters of many more different things. An exception in an Indian place might be a Thali or a set menu.

All the places I go to in Bangkok are between 500B and 1500B, and some include drinks. Various discounts are available and I always take advantage of them.

Thanks.  Ended up trying it out.  Excellent, even got 20% discount from doing a pre-booking check with Eatigo.  Didn't expect it to be listed but it was there.  Was a bit dubious about going as I know what Indus is like, know it's good and we had a visitor here so it's always a bit risky trying somewhere new (prefer to try them out ourselves first) but figured it would be unlikely to be crap.  Decided to go for it anyway and glad we did.  Most impressed.  Great range of Indian food and enough of other dishes too, plus great desserts.  Must remember not to load out on the breads and starters next time as I only got to try about 70% of what I wanted.  If I was less tired from two nights on the town I think the 500 to add free-flow alcohol would be quite good value too.  The cocktails they were putting out looked really nice.  Closer to home for me too.  

Hi - it's the OP here- thanks for all for the references, my girlfriend and family are shanghaiese - she lived in Germany for years and they love western food. Of all the options the Huntsman Pub seems ideal and as we are 4 the 4 for 2 offer is perfect.
Just to clarify - is this a roast meat buffet or a wider choice buffet selection that includes a roast ?.
Do I need to pre book or via the eatigo app ? ( I can't connect to the iTunes Store for weeks now for some strange reason).Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 04/03/2017 at 0:42 PM, craigt3365 said:

I'm on eatigo right now.  50% off at most of the buffets they list.

Those 50% discounts are in many cases not really 50% discounts but rather the same what you would pay as a walk-in.

Same as seeing an inflated "rack rate" (that no one ever pays) of a hotel on agoda and then feel excited as you have been offered "70% discount".

I know from own experience that this was the case for a long time in 2015 at the GRAND MAJESTIC lunch buffet, where people were offered a 50% discount on the "official" 799 Baht price. But if you called them directly and asked how much it is per person, the price was the same 399 Baht as offered on eatigo and the likes

2 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

Those 50% discounts are in many cases not really 50% discounts but rather the same what you would pay as a walk-in.

Same as seeing an inflated "rack rate" (that no one ever pays) of a hotel on agoda and then feel excited as you have been offered "70% discount".

I know from own experience that this was the case for a long time in 2015 at the GRAND MAJESTIC lunch buffet, where people were offered a 50% discount on the "official" 799 Baht price. But if you called them directly and asked how much it is per person, the price was the same 399 Baht as offered on eatigo and the likes

The time we used it, a 50% discount was offered per our reservation.  Otherwise, full rate.  Some of the bigger hotels don't negotiate like that.  Some of the smaller ones might, depending on how busy they are and who the is the manager.

Why take a chance?  Lock in the discount and go!

42 minutes ago, strikingsunset said:

Hi - it's the OP here- thanks for all for the references, my girlfriend and family are shanghaiese - she lived in Germany for years and they love western food. Of all the options the Huntsman Pub seems ideal and as we are 4 the 4 for 2 offer is perfect.
Just to clarify - is this a roast meat buffet or a wider choice buffet selection that includes a roast ?.
Do I need to pre book or via the eatigo app ? ( I can't connect to the iTunes Store for weeks now for some strange reason).Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It's a regular, full-on buffet that's all you can eat for everything, featuring roasted entrees but not limited to those.

The Huntsman offers the 4 for 2 promo by itself, apart from Eatigo, so you don't need to use Eatigo to get that. But I believe they also offer a similar half off promo thru Eatigo..

With Eatigo, you can book via their website or via their smartphone apps, Android or IOS.

19 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

I think that kind of situation applies sometimes in the cases of hotel restaurants, where they may offer various discounts un-advertised, such as if you're a guest, or have a certain Thai credit card, or even locals vs tourists.

When it comes to the hotel restaurant with Eatigo, I don't pay as much attention to the amount of the supposed discount as I do to what's the actual price going to be in the end after I've used their discount, and is it a good deal or not. For example, 850b is the regular roast buffet price at the Huntsman, which is not crazy excessive. But at 50% off or 425b, it's a good deal for what you get, no matter if the Huntsman is offering other discounts in other situations.

But in general, for regular restaurants, they have their menu prices that are their real, everyday prices. And the Eatigo discounts represent real, actual savings off those real, regular rates.

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think that kind of situation applies sometimes in the cases of hotel restaurants, where they may offer various discounts un-advertised, such as if you're a guest, or have a certain Thai credit card, or even locals vs tourists.

When it comes to the hotel restaurant with Eatigo, I don't pay as much attention to the amount of the supposed discount as I do to what's the actual price going to be in the end after I've used their discount, and is it a good deal or not. For example, 850b is the regular roast buffet price at the Huntsman, which is not crazy excessive. But at 50% off or 425b, it's a good deal for what you get, no matter if the Huntsman is offering other discounts in other situations.

But in general, for regular restaurants, they have their menu prices that are their real, everyday prices. And the Eatigo discounts represent real, actual savings off those real, regular rates.

agree, if it is a-la-carte dining, that's another story.

But then again, we still miss some people to form the HUNTSMAN PARTY, don't we ?  -_-

5 hours ago, siam2007 said:

"Eatigo" can offer some great discounts but I have learned to read the various promotions they offer very carefully.  Often, the ad will display "50% OFF" in huge type, but if you look closely, you will discover that only applies to a pre-dinner drink or some other item, but not the actual meal.

16 minutes ago, dddave said:

"Eatigo" can offer some great discounts but I have learned to read the various promotions they offer very carefully.  Often, the ad will display "50% OFF" in huge type, but if you look closely, you will discover that only applies to a pre-dinner drink or some other item, but not the actual meal.

I've used it many times at many different restaurants, and never have found the example you cited to be the case.

Rather, just the opposite, their discounts usually specifically EXCLUDE beverages, take-outs, and often cannot be combined with other promotions the restaurant may be offering. And usually the VAT and SC (17%) are still applied to the full, pre-discount bill amount.

But I've never yet found a case where Eatigo's offered discount did NOT apply to the actual regular food menu.

27 minutes ago, Khamtam Sutyoddi said:

Pullmann Silom at lunch: 350thb with eatigo incl. coffee: unbeatable!

That sounds interesting indeed. Never been there. Time to check it out this week when I am in BKK for the day. Is it international food or mostly Thai ?

1 hour ago, Khamtam Sutyoddi said:

International and Thai, trust me you will enjoy it

You're talking the same hotel where the 25 Degrees hamburger bar is located, on Silom Road just beyond the corner with Narathiwas Rd.

I'm assuming you mean at their Mistral restaurant, list price 699b net (without any discount).

For the opening hour+ of the lunch buffet, Eatigo seems to have a 30% discount, and then a 50% discount during the final hour or so period of their noon to 2:30 pm buffet.

http://www.pullmanbangkokhotelg.com/offers/lunch_buffet/

On 3/6/2017 at 5:23 PM, dddave said:

I've used eatigo many times.  Many.  Never experienced that. Normally it does exclude drinks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 4:57 PM, likeke said:

My favorite lunch buffet in Bangkok is at the Holiday Inn at the Chit Lom BTS station. Nice layout with ample room. Food is well presented and has everything you need. Cost is just under 400 baht I believe. Best to make a reservation, but I never do and always get seated. Good deal. Much better than the Ibis on soi 4. The Grand Majestic on soi 2 is also nice but too small. Which means that without a reservation you will be seated outside, and you don't want that as it is way too hot. Bon appetite. 

seated inside with air con and a bunch of loud asians gives me the creeps.
suggestions for outdoor lunch buffets please.

Edited by JimCrane

11 hours ago, JimCrane said:

seated inside with air con and a bunch of loud asians gives me the creeps.
suggestions for outdoor lunch buffets please.

I heard the same from my Asian friends.  Being seated inside with a bunch of loud farangs gives them the creeps.

I usually eat lunch and dinner at the Marriot or Sherraton ...

both are very good and I think value for money ....  I love the lobster ..  but when my limo driver turns up i'm so full I can hardly make the next schedule of drinks at the Bayoke tower bar or rooftop at the Hyatt .....