Pink I.D. I cannot understand.

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Why?

For what other reason would the Police or Immigration request your Passport.

Immigration status?

If your Immigration status hadn't been confirmed you wouldn't be issued an ID card.

That said, I'm sure there are more than a few officials who have never seen a Foreigner ID card, let alone understand the conditions under which it was issued, so maybe a good idea to carry your passport, although for the past 2 years I haven't had a problem even with Police.

The card is no proof of your current immigration status. Not sure if they even check that when the card issued. The card is valid for much longer than any permit to stay would be unless you had permanent residence.

In reality the only proof you can show to prove you are here legally is your passport.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

Thanks. This is the main reason why I think the card only offers limited benefit. What's the point if I can travel, check-in, do banking etc with this pink ID card, if I still have to carry my pp with me. I can do all of that with my pp too. Anything I can do with this pink ID card that I cannot do with my pp?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I have used it successfully to get the Thai price at a couple of places. Yellow book and ID are issued together and the yellow book is great because you dont need to keep getting Residence certificates from immigration.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

Thanks. This is the main reason why I think the card only offers limited benefit. What's the point if I can travel, check-in, do banking etc with this pink ID card, if I still have to carry my pp with me. I can do all of that with my pp too. Anything I can do with this pink ID card that I cannot do with my pp?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Get in attractions for the same price as Thais.

Your passport is an international travel and ID document.

It doesn't contain your address.

Foreigners ID card is for ID within Thailand.

It contains your Civilian registration number and address.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The card is no proof of your current immigration status. Not sure if they even check that when the card issued. The card is valid for much longer than any permit to stay would be unless you had permanent residence.

In reality the only proof you can show to prove you are here legally is your passport.

Read section 21. Tabien Baans and ID cards are only issued to those who have proven their Immigration status in the first place.

Your biometrics are taken and entered into the system as well.

The whole idea of obtaining an ID card is that any government organisation can check your details against a database.

That should include Police and Immigration. (Section 11)

1 minute ago, dentonian said:

Read section 21. Tabien Baans and ID cards are only issued to those who have proven their Immigration status in the first place.

The whole idea of obtaining an ID card is that any government organisation can check your details against a database.

ID card cannot confirm that your visa has not run out, or you have stopped doing 90 day reports etc. Yes , you need a visa status to get one, but not to keep one.

5 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Sections of what?

To get them it is a one time check and that is normally that your have a non immigrant visa entry.

There is no data base that they can check with just the ID number that has your current immigration status on it.

As Udon joe said earlier, different rules for stateless people. An ID card issued based on a yellow book , there are no travel or moving restrictions.

But my Thai card behind written , "there is restricted to travel" in Thai writing. So if I show to a Thai police in a different area, how to explain? and will they expect it?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, Anthony Loh said:

But my Thai card behind written , "there is restricted to travel" in Thai writing. So if I show to a Thai police in a different area, how to explain? and will they expect it?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, one would hope that police etc would be familiar with the ID and that travel restrictions only apply to stateless etc. I haven't heard of anyone having those issues, but it could happen.