Pattaya "sex industry" inspections continue and will go on

webfact

Pattaya "sex industry" inspections continue and will go on

1am.jpg

Picture: Siamchon

PATTAYA: -- Soldiers, police and protective services were out in force in Pattaya as inspections of the resort's sex industry continued unabated.

This time the authorities concentrated on beer bars in Soi 6.They also checked upstairs to ensure that no short time rooms were being operated.

When the checks were completed it was announced that all licenses were in order and there was no law breaking of any kind.

But operators in the area were asked to make sure that they were acting within the law and warned that any violations would be stamped on.

Siamchon news reported that all this was done for the good name of Pattaya and to protect tourists visiting the area.

Source: Siamchon

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-28

"all this was done for the good name of Pattaya and to protect tourists visiting the area"

What exactly was the good name?  These numnuts need to get out more and hear what Pattaya is called. Arresting a few African prostitutes and arresting tourists for sleeping with Thai prostitutes isn't going to change anything.  

I just went down to walking street and beach road for research purposes about 1 hour ago, I got asked if I wanted boom boom once, short time 3 times, I go with you once, cannabis and cocaine twice I think.

On the upside, I did get breathalyzed on the corner of second road and pattaya nua, so I felt that the police were doing a good job - he told me 'very good' when I passed.

In the late 80's,  Manila was one of the biggest spot known for it's 

thriving and robust sex industry in the whole of SE Asia and probably in the

world, this industry was completely, and over night, wiped out by the

the city's cardinal and mayor at the time by simply shutting all the bars down

and sending thousands of workers on to the streets, and it stayed that way

until to today....

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

"all this was done for the good name of Pattaya and to protect tourists visiting the area"

What exactly was the good name?  These numnuts need to get out more and hear what Pattaya is called. Arresting a few African prostitutes and arresting tourists for sleeping with Thai prostitutes isn't going to change anything.  

I won't change anything for the best a, at least.

So a licence means everything's fine and the hookers can continue plying their trade....and still nothing illegal going on......you have to love Thai logic :)

Yes. As long as bars comply with the terms of their licence they are operating legally. Prostitution is not illegal in Thailand, it is regulated under various legal statutes. That said, soi 6 bars are notorious for allowing in-house activities which are not allowed. The advance warning they had obviously worked well. No doubt the soi will be back to normal in a few days!

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

until to today....

Strange cause i've seen many bars full of girls in manila, just like in pattaya. Also there were loads of them on the streets/hotels...

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Hang on there ! only last week they said there was no Sex Industry in Pattaya have they discovered something ????

We seek them here, we seek them there.... are they under the counter at 7/11?  No cant see any hookers - Pattaya clean and clear.

3 hours ago, nickmanchester2 said:

I just went down to walking street and beach road for research purposes about 1 hour ago, I got asked if I wanted boom boom once, short time 3 times, I go with you once, cannabis and cocaine twice I think.

On the upside, I did get breathalyzed on the corner of second road and pattaya nua, so I felt that the police were doing a good job - he told me 'very good' when I passed.

They're breathalyzing pedestrians?

49 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Strange cause i've seen many bars full of girls in manila, just like in pattaya. Also there were loads of them on the streets/hotels...

Yea... it must have been yesterday or maybe the day before because today there is no shortage of hookers in Manila.  :partytime2:

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

'Protect the good name of Pattaya'  That's so funny. It's a big brothel, either celebrate the fact and accept it as such, or rip it all down. No one ever came to Pattaya to admire the architecture or to visit museums. 

Thank you Jeremy for those words of wisdom, its the 4329786544th similar post, and about 15 years too late. A little repetitive and tedious now.

Make an example of one bar, then collect fatter brown envelopes for weeks on end.  This is just like the war on drugs; it will never make a dent in the alleged "illegal" conduct, until RTP's profit motive is eliminated.  The better approach is the one that was used before Western Victorian morals were propagated throughout the world, by legalizing these activities (drugs, gambling and prostitution) and then take the modern approach of regulation and taxation.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Most of the 'action' shifted to Angeles after Ermita was shut down years ago. Today, Ermita is just a shell of its glory days. Over the past couple of years, though, Angeles has also seen its fair share of raids. There are some go-gos in Makati in Manila and in a few other locations, but nothing like Pattaya.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

until to today....

To put that even more in perspective ref the other posts when I was there 1997-2000 there was a thriving scene mainly centred on P Burgos Street in Makati City (Manila) and a place called the Firehouse which from memory was on the way to Malate.

Not sure why you would make such an inaccurate assertion............?

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

until to today....

How fantastic it is when people really can be so lucky that they can enforce and create good laws.

Edited by Get Real

This time the authorities concentrated on beer bars in Soi 6.They also checked upstairs to ensure that no short time rooms were being operated.

So what happened to all the short-time rooms above every bar on soi 6? Surely, that's what soi 6 is all about.

Really unbelievable B/S coming from the law non-enforcers just to save face and protect Pattaya from more accusations of sex  offered everywhere in this street and most others in the 'entertainments' areas.