Thai Firefighter Dies after Motorbike Crash in Pattaya

webfact

Thai Firefighter Dies after Motorbike Crash

By Danny Boy -

dead-1.jpg?resize=560,420 

A Thai Firefighter has died after crashing his motorbike into the back of a 10 wheeler lorry

PATTAYA: -- On February 27th, at around 10:00pm, Pattaya police and emergency services were called to the scene of a fatal road accident involving a motorbike and a 10 wheeler lorry.

The incident took place on the number 36 motorway, and police arrived at the scene to find the dead body of a Thai firefighter, aged 36 year old. He was laid out in the middle of the road, with blood still pouring from several injuries he has suffered. His motorbike was hardly recognisable due to the damage it had sustained.

An witness to the accident told police that he was driving up the motorway as normal when he saw a motorbike pass him at high speed. A few moments later the bike slammed into the back of the lorry, which was parked stationary on the side of the motorway.

The witness stopped and rushed over to find the driver of the motorbike was still alive, but had suffered some serious injuries. He quickly called for emergency services but unfortunately, by the time they arrived, the man had sadly passed away.

His body was taken to a local hospital for a full examination and his friends and family were contacted.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/firefighter-dies-motorbike-crash/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-28

43 minutes ago, barryofthailand said:

I didn't think motorbikes were allowed on motorways

I always thought motorway translated to toll way here where they are not allowed.

Never heard the 36 described as a motorway before.......?

2 hours ago, barryofthailand said:

I think the meaning was "highway", and it is tollways where motorbikes are not allowed, maybe except highways similar to the one heading towards and past Don Muang airport in both directions which is a disgrace banning bikes over 250cc. Personally, I think it is to supplement the police tea money funds. I can't think of any other reason.

Sorry to head a bit off topic here.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

I wonder if his headlight was on...will never know...

going fast  in the emergency lane at night might not be a good idea...

cognitive abilities must be questioned....

There is a test that can tell if a headlight bulb was illuminated or not at the time of impact. I wonder if the police in Thailand use it?

16 hours ago, barryofthailand said:

the 36 isnt a motorway its an A road. 100% the lorry was parked up with no light on, some parts of that road has no street lights and is very dark at night in places. sad new RIP young man

On 28/02/2017 at 2:33 PM, barryofthailand said:

HwY  36 isn't really a motorway.

It is a dangerous and heavily used road and in serious need of an update.