Filthy dirty stinking rubbish just yards from Pattaya city hall - it's a disgrace say residents

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one for the tourists.

opposite Jomtien Beach. 

I sure am glad that the army have taken over the council. As you can see they are doing such a great job with their council work.

they are doing a great job collecting the money, but have forgot to collect the trash.

image.jpeg

Street sign for the sports stadium which is also a rubbish heap. Maybe instead of signs people can just follow the piles and piles of trash.

and ironically the municipality itself!!!!

And an advertising sign for Phu Tara where they have been trying to sell their 20,000,000 baht homes for years.

i wonder if their marketing team realizes iit it hard to sell luxury pool villas when their name is associated with trash.

image.jpeg

Edited by Philthyphil
Grammar

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I can promise you that if a farang was doing it, some clown on a moto would magically appear and demand 200 baht.

Not really. I see farangs throwing rubbish all the time.  The worst offenders are smokers, they don't even try to hide it. 

If I was a Thai copper I would just look for people smoking, follow them until it was s butt out time. I reckon 9 times out of ten you would get a result. 

Filthy habit by people who are usually filthy litterers. 

1 minute ago, Philthyphil said:

Not really. I see farangs throwing rubbish all the time.  The worst offenders are smokers, they don't even try to hide it. 

If I was a Thai copper I would just look for people smoking, follow them until it was s butt out time. I reckon 9 times out of ten you would get a result. 

Filthy habit by people who are usually filthy litterers. 

If you think for 1 minute that cigarette  butts are a problem in

Pattaya,    you are bonkers man.   open your eyes. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by onemorechang

3 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

If you think for 1 minute that cigarette  buts are a problem in

Pattaya,    you are bonkers man.   open your eyes. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My eyes are fine. Take a walk along the shoreline. Thousands of them. The smokers flick their butts on to the road, and when it rains they got washed down the drains ending up in the sea. Kills wildlife. 

Maybe not a problem for you.

let me guess, you are a smoker, and a litterer? 

Heaven forbid any authority start a public service campaign educating people about health, sanitation, and hygiene required for living in urban areas.

You can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the monkey!

Does anyone really think that anything will be done about this?  Jomtien has a hundred such sites.  It is so sad to see a beautiful country that is so covered in rubbish everywhere.  Sadly, much of this rubbish will eventually be washed into the Gulf to eventually cover the beaches too.

The golden goose is being slaughtered before our eyes and sadly tourism will suffer.  People from the west do not like the smell of open garbage pits!!!

Please don't get mad, it's just my opinion!:smile:

come on a cigarette butt is nowhere near the visual impact as all that building rubble and household rubbish strewn everywhere..yes they may be quite toxic but contribute a tiny proportion of the visual mess.

Seems the cost to clean this up could invest in night vision cams

to get some plate # or go low tech and install 2 somchais on either

ends of that road in-out and gate up the road when the dumpers DUMP...

or..if really bad let the night recyclers go thru it and there has to be

SOME info in that trash to LINK it to a place or address...follow the trash!

My eyes are fine. Take a walk along the shoreline. Thousands of them. The smokers flick their butts on to the road, and when it rains they got washed down the drains ending up in the sea. Kills wildlife. 

His Pampas take ages to Biograde.[emoji1434]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Try NaJomtien, its even worse,  the stretch from the top of Jomtien beach rd and for miles it's garbage along the sois.  Every time a new condo is built they make sure to remove the trash , but you can smell it  a few 100 meters away . 

13 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

No,  none smoker,  gave up 17 years ago.

and I don't litter any where round the world.

When you step over the mountain of Styrofoam  boxes and

mountain of plastic bags, mountains of plastic spoons and forks.

Feel free to lift one up and you will see,   one or two  cigarette butts.

Big deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still think you need a visit to an optician,     or do you just hate smokers.

That could be what's  clouding your thoughts,    on the big picture.   :jap:

Ps   Plastic bags  kill the Turtles round the shores of Thailand,  the Turtles think they are Jelly fish

and eat them, then have a very slow death.

Cigarette butts are so far down the list, they are off the page.   honestly !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by onemorechang

17 hours ago, johng said:

come on a cigarette butt is nowhere near the visual impact as all that building rubble and household rubbish strewn everywhere..yes they may be quite toxic but contribute a tiny proportion of the visual mess.

I didn't say it was.

i just said smokers are the most shameless.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, onemorechang said:

No,  none smoker,  gave up 17 years ago.

and I don't litter any where round the world.

When you step over the mountain of Styrofoam  boxes and

mountain of plastic bags, mountains of plastic spoons and forks.

Feel free to lift one up and you will see,   one or two  cigarette butts.

Big deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still think you need a visit to an optician,     or do you just hate smokers.

That could be what's  clouding your thoughts,    on the big picture.   :jap:

Ps   Plastic bags  kill the Turtles round the shores of Thailand,  the Turtles think they are Jelly fish

and eat them, then have a very slow death.

Cigarette butts are so far down the list, they are off the page.   honestly !!!!!!!!!!!

Not really at the bottom of the list.

i knew you were a smoker. Only a smoker would defend flicking a butt or two as you put it (every hour )

i don't hate smokers, I just hate smokers who litter. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Patteya not the only city that has garbage Lying everywhere Ubonratchathani is just as bad  Walk along side the roads and it just looks like a rubbish dump. I bet every city in Thailand is like that How to solve the problem Start booking people who through rubbish out of there cars  Then again would the keystone cops be capable of doing that ? That is the big question

On 2/28/2017 at 10:52 PM, Get Real said:

1. A pile of rubbish is stinking and rotting.

2. Residents say it´s a disgrace.

3. The local authority cleans up.
4. The residents start to throw again.
5. A pile of garbage is stinking and rotting.

Looks to me like the solution lays with the residents. Maybe they need a meeting to clean up the bad rotting apples inside them selfs.

On the other hand. Problem with the residents in Pattaya is more common than uncommon in the news today.

Ohh "kumpra" leave them alone !

It's NOT your country   they are trying to tell you all the time. (They  need only your money NOT advice....that's all)

Don't you see they love it..... like that.:coffee1:

4 hours ago, gigman said:

Ohh "kumpra" leave them alone !

It's NOT your country   they are trying to tell you all the time. (They  need only your money NOT advice....that's all)

Don't you see they love it..... like that.:coffee1:

And the pointless point was???

On 02/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, Philthyphil said:

Land for sale in Soi Nong Yai

looks to have been cleaned up for the sale. 

No takers so far.

I love it when they don't put the price on things for sale...when you phone up and ask its always outrageously priced.

I think Somchai with the double point would be pleased to know he isn't in the worst Soi. 

Thepprasit Soi 9 through to the new second road probably holds that title. Amazingly, in the middle of the 3kilometre stretch is a villa complex and the new Laguana condo complex. Check this out for ambience.it must be hard going for their sales team.

is there a more rubbish filled Soi in Pattaya that tries to attract foreign tourists and foreign investors?

I haven't found one yet, but I won't be surprised if I do. From 3pm everyday is a constant stream of dump trucks doing what dump trucks do straight onto the side of the road. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg