TM 30, TM 28, ... in Pattaya

Confusing ....

But it gets better ....

Here is my current trip plan for April:

On April 6th i will go to Bangkok, on business, will stay in a Hotel.

April 9th flying to Manila.

Return from Manila on April 20th, one Night at a Hotel in Bangkok, then flying to Udon Thani to meet up with my wife for 2 or 3 days, before returning by plane to Pattaya via Bangkok. 

I will have to enter my Bangkok Hotel address in the TM6 to comply with the rules. 

My wife will stay at Udon Thani a few days longer, so she wont be able to deliver any TM30 to Immigration 24 hours upon my arrival at our house.

Strategies anyone?

Edited by Rastaputin

7 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

I will have to enter my Bangkok Hotel address in the TM6 to comply with the rules. 

If you have a permanent address where you normally stay that is what you put on the TM6. It does not have to be for the hotel where you will be staying the first night.

Unless you need to do something at immigration I would not worry about doing a TM30.

1 minute ago, Rastaputin said:

Wish they would write this clearly on the TM6...

And, yes, I will have to extend my Non-O permission to stay later this Year ...

I don't the TM6 says anything about which address to put.

Where will apply for your extension? Most immigration offices don't bother to check the database to see if you had TM30 reports done by hotels and etc since those do not change your permanent address.

Will do my extension in Jomtien. 

I guess I should maybe fill a TM30 some day, after returning from a trip, to stop the cycle. 

But as I can see now my next trip will be the aforementioned April one, and most likely no further trip upon my return, until I apply for extension, mid May.

8 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Will do my extension in Jomtien. 

I guess I should maybe fill a TM30 some day, after returning from a trip, to stop the cycle. 

But as I can see now my next trip will be the aforementioned April one, and most likely no further trip upon my return, until I apply for extension, mid May.

Several members have posted in another topic abut Jomtien and have said they were not asked for a TM30 when they did their extension., 90 day reports and etc. They apparently are mostly only asking those that are doing entries with viss for them.

Thanks, that's what I will do .... Apply for extension in May, and file a TM30 after the next trip. I did read that the TM30 can also be filed by Royal Thai Mail. Does that require sending a stamped self-addressed envelope too? Online seems wishful thinking judging by reports here ...

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Several members have posted in another topic abut Jomtien and have said they were not asked for a TM30 when they did their extension., 90 day reports and etc. They apparently are mostly only asking those that are doing entries with viss for them.

And many people have been asked for it when doing there renewal. Although I agree, not at 90 day reporting. There is the issue. You do it or you take a chance. There is only 2 choices.

Thanks, that's what I will do .... Apply for extension in May, and file a TM30 after the next trip. I did read that the TM30 can also be filed by Royal Thai Mail. Does that require sending a stamped self-addressed envelope too? Online seems wishful thinking judging by reports here ...

I am not sure Jomtien accept them by mail. Many offices want them done in person.

Online reporting as an individual was never an option even when it was working. I have no idea how you could do it my mail, at least the very first time. For further and subsequent reports  doubt would work as they wouldn't receive it in the 24hr period. They want your passport and TM6, not copies.

Wouldn't it great if Immigration not only requires you to follow their rules, but also that they follow their own rules ...

I still understand that the TM30 has to be done by the Landlord. In Person. That means I have to give my original Passport to the Landlord? In my case (Wife) of course not a problem, but I would never give my Passport to Khun Somchai who happens to be a gambler, drunk, and owner of the house I rent ...

2 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Wouldn't it great if Immigration not only requires you to follow their rules, but also that they follow their own rules ...

I still understand that the TM30 has to be done by the Landlord. In Person. That means I have to give my original Passport to the Landlord? In my case (Wife) of course not a problem, but I would never give my Passport to Khun Somchai who happens to be a gambler, drunk, and owner of the house I rent ...

At Jomtien, he (Landlord) now needs to attend with you first time. No idea about Chang Mai or other offices.

I am not sure Jomtien accept them by mail. Many offices want them done in person.

Just to highlight that, for Chiangmai immigration, you can only get it done by walking into the immigration office personally to apply/update the TM 30 and is very fast, take about 3 to 5 minutes ((just to update the TM 6 in to our TM 30) and this is what I have always been doing once i return from overseas.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

At Jomtien, he (Landlord) now needs to attend with you first time. No idea about Chang Mai or other offices.

First time for what? What was the purpose of the visit to Jomtien Immigration; 90-day report or extension? If the latter, what kind, ie. extension of TR, O, O-A or other visa, visa exempt entry extension, marriage extension or retirement extension?

There is evidence that someone at Jomtien Immigration does currently have a bee in their bonnet about TM30 filing so being specific helps narrow it down. Myself and a friend did retirement extensions separately in January and February this year without any need or mention of TM30's. Last year, they specifically returned the TM30 I had as part of last years retirement extension as not required.

Thanks

Edited by NanLaew

If it were me, I would report for a new TM-30 within 24 hours of arriving in Jomtien (if that is where you will apply for your Non-O extension).  Have receipts for hotels where you stayed since entry, in case they ask about where you've been since entry (over 24 hrs).  If it's your first TM-30, then bringing the wife/landlord might be necessary.  But if returning to the same address for which you have a TM-30 receipt already, you do not need to fill out any forms or bring the landlord - just explain it is the same address as the TM-30 you already have.  Do this each time you return to Jomtien, and you are have covered your bases.  

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

First time for what? What was the purpose of the visit to Jomtien Immigration; 90-day report or extension? If the latter, what kind, ie. extension of TR, O, O-A or other visa, visa exempt entry extension, marriage extension or retirement extension?

There is evidence that someone at Jomtien Immigration does currently have a bee in their bonnet about TM30 filing so being specific helps narrow it down. Myself and a friend did retirement extensions separately in January and February this year without any need or mention of TM30's. Last year, they specifically returned the TM30 I had as part of last years retirement extension as not required.

Thanks

I really cannot be bothered going through this again with you other than to say if you think that it's just a case of someone having a bee in there bonnet then that bee has a caused a nice, shiny new office to be opened just for this one purpose, ground floor, far left as you enter. The person who refused your TM30 was wrong and you very obviously offered it to the wrong desk and person. They have now most likely cost you a fine when you next extend for failing to report. Maybe you should jump in your car if your really interested and attempt to do it? Just don't attempt to hand it in to the reception area or anywhere other than the correct office.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

If it's your first TM-30, then bringing the wife/landlord might be necessary. 

And this will not be possible for my planned April trip. I have to return earlier than my wife, due to an important business meeting, and my wife attending some village marriage one day later. 

And this will not be possible for my planned April trip. I have to return earlier than my wife, due to an important business meeting, and my wife attending some village marriage one day later. 

Doesn't your work permit contain your permanent address? Is that not enough evidence where you stay, when you return ? Just thinking...

Not only that but the requirement mentioned on that poster is that the foreigner should "stay at the place as indicated to the competent official". I dont know about everyone else but when I enter the country I fill in my TM6 with my home address. If that isnt indicating my address to the competent official I dont know what is: indeed it is the whole point of having that section on the TM6 in the first place.

I fully realise that there is no logic or common sense in Thailand, and little real comprehension of anything, but to me the act as translated on that poster seems to only apply to those who stay elsewhere than at the place indicated on their TM6. It also does not appear to require those returning to the address of their TM6 to register that fact, as the assumption should be that if they are not staying somewhere else then they are staying at the address of the TM6.

I think that. you are right except that it may be quite logical. "Immigration" have decided to hassel those people who they don't like for some reason, could be that they have abused the system. There seem to be a great number of them in Pattaya. Those people can't admit it to us or to themselves, but if they can get immigration to drag retired extensions and legit married extensions in, they will feel better. Immigration is not buying into it. They are not making everyone report. The TM6 is all the information Immigration needs, and filling in a TM30 only duplicates that information and adds one irrelevance, that you got to immigration within 24 hours of arriving home.

59 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I think that. you are right except that it may be quite logical. "Immigration" have decided to hassel those people who they don't like for some reason, could be that they have abused the system. There seem to be a great number of them in Pattaya. Those people can't admit it to us or to themselves, but if they can get immigration to drag retired extensions and legit married extensions in, they will feel better. Immigration is not buying into it. They are not making everyone report. The TM6 is all the information Immigration needs, and filling in a TM30 only duplicates that information and adds one irrelevance, that you got to immigration within 24 hours of arriving home.

At first read of this post I had an horrendous feeling that I was suffering from Sun stroke but after reading it half a dozen times, I realised I was in fact perfectly OK and you really had written it....Incredible.

4 hours ago, wobalt said:

Doesn't your work permit contain your permanent address? Is that not enough evidence where you stay, when you return ? Just thinking...

You are arguing with reason and logic   Not a good idea when dealing with Thai Bureaucrazies. 

It depends how good your social connections in Thailand are. I have been working for the Thai government for many years. I was in similar situation like you, but my WP was always proof enough. Additionally my Thai address becomes registered in my foreign passport and ID.

It depends how good your social connections in Thailand are. I have been working for the Thai government for many years. I was in similar situation like you, but my WP was always proof enough. Additionally my Thai address becomes registered in my foreign passport and ID.

That's a very new things to all of us! Thai address registered in your foreign passport and ID ( are you referring to your foreign ID or the pink Thai ID ? ) Kindly give us more information in how this can happen, regards

it's my foreign IDs. I am registered with my embassy resp. my MFA. I cancelled my residency at home and expatriated to Thailand some years ago. Consequently my residency comes into my IDs.

• Like 1

At first read of this post I had an horrendous feeling that I was suffering from Sun stroke but after reading it half a dozen times, I realised I was in fact perfectly OK and you really had written it....Incredible.

No more unbelievable than that you think Immigration has a valid reason for making lots of people make reports of themselves in the third person of information which Immigration already holds.

it's my foreign IDs. I am registered with my embassy resp. my MFA. I cancelled my residency at home and expatriated to Thailand some years ago. Consequently my residency comes into my IDs.

Thanks for sharing, any other priorities in Thailand that show this passport/ ID to the IO with Thailand residency in it.

Read my posts and stop trying to be clever. Every post states 'Those offices that require it not all do'. Owning your own condo makes zero difference to anything. I have it by now that you feel YOU don't need to comply but fact is you do. I really wish people like you would stop trying to make it sound that you can just ignore it when you really can't.

Well... I ignored it... My last address report was arrival card at airport last December... Then 2 travel to another province where the hotel reported me.. And just now coming back from Jomtien doing my 90d report..

Nobody asked me OR anybody in front of me about a TM28/30...

So.....

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app