Scores of detained asylum seekers take Australian cash and return home

webfact

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

Think you will find the majority who have been rejected as genuine refugees and being offered cash to return to their home countries on their own free will are Iranian, as Iran has rejected receiving deported asylum seekers. I would assume the same scenario is applicable for some other nationals.

Dump em in a boat off the coast of Iran. Or push em out of a plane ( with a parachute ) in Iranian airspace then.  Same scenario for other nationals who's country refuses to take responsibility.

They are simply not Australia's problem.. 

13 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Dump em in a boat off the coast of Iran. Or push em out of a plane ( with a parachute ) in Iranian airspace then.  Same scenario for other nationals who's country refuses to take responsibility.

They are simply not Australia's problem.. 

Way to go, throw the rule of law into the rubbish bin with no consequences - not

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Way to go, throw the rule of law into the rubbish bin with no consequences - not

Why does the rule of law only apply to some ?

I have to have a passport and have to complete immigration procedures - Yet thousands attempt to cross borders and enter countries illegally. Deliberately destroying their documents so they cannot be repatriated. 

Some countries refuse to accept the return of their nationals - Then other countries are forced to accept them and pay for they upkeep.

Thousands of people apply for residency in US, Canada, Australia and the UK etc each year. They fill out the paperwork, provide references and proof of their income and qualifications.. Then wait patiently for approval.. Others pay illegal people smugglers to circumvent the correct procedure and attempt to enter illegally. Then use the countries free legal aid and human rights charters to remain - illegally.

I'm happy to follow the rules.. I just want the rest to follow them too..

19 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Why does the rule of law only apply to some ?

I have to have a passport and have to complete immigration procedures - Yet thousands attempt to cross borders and enter countries illegally. Deliberately destroying their documents so they cannot be repatriated. 

Some countries refuse to accept the return of their nationals - Then other countries are forced to accept them and pay for they upkeep.

Thousands of people apply for residency in US, Canada, Australia and the UK etc each year. They fill out the paperwork, provide references and proof of their income and qualifications.. Then wait patiently for approval.. Others pay illegal people smugglers to circumvent the correct procedure and attempt to enter illegally. Then use the countries free legal aid and human rights charters to remain - illegally.

I'm happy to follow the rules.. I just want the rest to follow them too..

You are not an asylum seeker so a number of your comments are irrelevant. To repeat it is not constructive for Australia to act in contradiction to international legal norms / conventions.

36 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You are not an asylum seeker so a number of your comments are irrelevant. To repeat it is not constructive for Australia to act in contradiction to international legal norms / conventions.

I've been an immigrant twice in my life ( the legal type ) so I think my comments are relevant and based on experience..

People who seek to break the law, evade regulation and twist conventions to their own benefit through deception are the ones who should be considered irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

I've been an immigrant twice in my life ( the legal type ) so I think my comments are relevant and based on experience..

People who seek to break the law, evade regulation and twist conventions to their own benefit through deception are the ones who should be considered irrelevant.

Again you are not seeking refugee status, so your immigration experience is irrelevant with regard to this topic.. 

Many of your posts regards 'migrants' are based upon  right wing propaganda / attitudes such as your post above regards returning Iranians to which I responded; so one last time...

It is not constructive for Australia to act in contradiction to international legal norms / conventions.

On 3/3/2017 at 0:56 PM, simple1 said:

It is alleged each offshore detainee costs the Oz tax payer $400k p.a., the highest detention costs in the world. As mentioned above it would be a lot more cost effective for an offshore detainee to accept the package, rather than keeping them in detention whilst going though efforts to resettle them in a third party country or waiting whilst the government tries to negotiate to return nationals with their home country government e.g. Iran.

The issue of returning offshore detainees to their home country has been raised and responded to repeatedly in a number of topics concerning offshore detention in Australia. it is also a fact that asylum seekers arriving by air then claiming refugee status, plus illegals who overstay their visa far exceeds the total number of 'boat people' over time.

Looks like Singapore has more educated brains in the government. They need not spend 25,000 or 400k...

2 hours ago, trogers said:

Looks like Singapore has more educated brains in the government. They need not spend 25,000 or 400k...

Your bigot based opinions regards refugees in general have been made very clear by you on numerous occasions, including extremely ugly commentary. Surprised you held back...

Edited by simple1

Just now, simple1 said:

Your opinions regards refugees in general have been made very clear by you on numerous occasions, including extremely ugly commentary. Surprised you held back...

Is part of that 25,000 from your pocket?

I don't see anything wrong with it: a modest incentive payment to help ease back into life in the home country. The cost of it is a tiny fraction of the Mega $$$ required to keep open the camps. It's as much of a win-win as could be expected.

Many of these people have been manipulated by evil people smugglers and the evil police/military in Indonesia; at least they can go home with a chance to rebuild their lives. Good luck to them.

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How many times would Singapore fit into Oz?

18 hours ago, trogers said:

That's why they have to be smarter to survive. When you have too much, you become less fit and firm...