App dating gone wrong: Ladyboy student attacked by WeChat man she turned down

snoop1130

1 minute ago, LazySlipper said:

What do you think of the trans-gender issue with the toilet thingy in the US???

South Park actually covered the topic really well... but what do you think??? 

I think we should get some toilets ready for the day they discover alien life... :sorry:

Why would i care about the US .. In general they are not that open minded over there (abortion / euthanasia). I am Dutch and I don't care about the issue there either (not even existent) 

I live in Thailand and here they are far more open minded about this so my comments are about Thailand. And here they call the ladyboys She.. so seems logical to follow local customs 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why would i care about the US .. In general they are not that open minded over there (abortion / euthanasia). I am Dutch and I don't care about the issue there either (not even existent) 

I live in Thailand and here they are far more open minded about this so my comments are about Thailand. And here they call the ladyboys She.. so seems logical to follow local customs 

OMG you say you are open minded but you are against women having abortions? Or maybe you are going to turn around and say... "well it depends on the reasons"...

I guess you choose to tackle the flimsy rather than take a good look at what is really important.

You are also against euthanasia??? So someone with no money to pay hospital bills must be allowed to suffer their cancer until its unbearable end?

I really wonder at this point who is intolerant or close minded. 

Signing off... before this whole thing goes to the dogs.

Just now, LazySlipper said:

OMG you say you are open minded but you are against women having abortions? Or maybe you are going to turn around and say... "well it depends on the reasons"...

I guess you choose to tackle the flimsy rather than take a good look at what is really important.

You are also against euthanasia??? So someone with no money to pay hospital bills must be allowed to suffer their cancer until its unbearable end?

I really wonder at this point who is intolerant or close minded. 

Signing off... before this whole thing goes to the dogs.

Against.... for of course.. im from the Netherlands... not from the US where the fanatics kill Dr's that perform abortion. Just an example how open minded they are over there.  Euthanasia is far more advanced in the Netherlands then in the USA.. again you guys are trailing behind. 

And indeed lets not derail this topic

13 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Stop using "she".

The guy still didn't have the right to beat this person and treat this person like that. But it's a man who tried to fool someone.

Who was the ladyboy fooling? The perp knew she was a he, a week he so a weak target.

My Gawd, I did not know that TV had so many members who were transgenders, or transgenders in the closets or perverts who loved transgenders.......just look at the amount of posters rallying to go against labelling a transgender an IT. Wow, and I thought there were more important issues in society these days.

15 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep! All the chats and social medias is the dorks and the criminals new market to hunt thier victims. Only seen the surface of whats coming yet.

Like side effects on medicine everything has a downside. Yes we are just scratching the surface. My money is on these chaps never being caught. 

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Agreed but in this case it is the reporter who decided to call the person a "she", and if a trannie wants me to call him she I have the freedom of will to choose to call that person whatever I choose. So bluespunk... what do you want to be called? "us, our, we"???

Nope.

You do not have the right to decide someone's gender identity and the personal pronoun they wish to be used when referring to them. 

That is the decision  of the person concerned.

Not you. 

As to your final sentence...what?

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

My Gawd, I did not know that TV had so many members who were transgenders, or transgenders in the closets or perverts who loved transgenders.......just look at the amount of posters rallying to go against labelling a transgender an IT. Wow, and I thought there were more important issues in society these days.

No

TV has a surprising number of members- those who actually live in this country- who are tolerant of the extraordinary mix of sexualities in the Kingdom.

You go to Tesco - you can have a transgender working on the checkout. Many of us don't bat an eyelid- it's good. 

When you start to talk about perverts- really you are expressing your bigoted view against anything that does conform to the super macho alpha male.

Human sexuality is very complex- you have no idea how many married men also enjoy another man every now and then! 

I would suggest that the total acceptance of all the different varieties of human sexuality IS one of the most important issues - for example the highest rate of suicide amongst young people in the UK is in the LGBT group- because of the horrendous bullying they endure from their peers.

14 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Regardless of what happens, you do not have the right to beat somebody like that. That's aggravated assault and can lead to serious consequences. What I am saying is, this person did not do everything in its possible to avoid being a crime victim. Let's say you go to Chicago and park your car right beside the drug dealers's alley with the keys inside - it doesn't give the right to anyone to steal your car, regardless of how easy you make it for them, but we all agree that you didn't take the necessary measures to avoid being a victim. It's the same for this student. I believe the assaulter should be punished, but I also believe that the student should be more careful.

You are in the 21st century, so you must know "what is what". A table is NOT a bottle. A carpet is NOT a door. A man is NOT a girl. It is impossible to change someone's sex. There are 2 options: male, and female. You are born with one and stick to it for the rest of your life. This being said, this student has the right to dress like he wants. He can wear skirts, make-up, high-heels, etc. and I will respect his choice, but I will not call him "she", because it would be wrong. We use "he" for males, and "she" for females, and "it" for objects. No other option is possible.

I can't bring my own food to the cinema claiming that my food identifies as a book. I can't cheat on a test because my phone identifies as a pencil. You must know what is what.You can't become something else just by identifying as it. Fortunately I'm not to concerned by this problem, IMO it will disappear by itself, because:

1) Doctors will find it harder and harder to justify the medical complications of a sex change

2) Nobody finds that attractive. OK, maybe a small minority, but FAR lower than the number of people who mutilate themselves.

Just my opinion on that - you have the right to disagree.

"You are in the 21st century. . . "

But are you? There is overwhelming evidence that one's sex does not necessarily determine one's gender and a general acceptance that it is perfectly normal for people to elect to be the gender they wish, irrespective of whether they happened to be born with male or female sex organs.

As a septuagenarian whose interest in such matters is unfortunately largely academic, I for one am delighted at the increasingly tolerant and largely supportive attitude of Western societies towards people who are the living proof that a table is not necessarily, as you argue, a table.

Don't take my word for it. The scientific evidence is just a keystroke or two away - and reviewing it might prove as liberating experience for you as it was for me.

3 hours ago, Canceraid said:

And yet you read the story, read the posts and then comment. 

3 hours ago, Canceraid said:

It's always just the half a dozen vocal usual suspects, we live in a time when repeating something in internet is falsely thought of being a fact. Majority doesn't care one way or the other.

6 hours ago, Canceraid said:

I have respect for trans people, if that makes me a 'pervert' then great :) 

What a complete <deleted> you would be to talk to a trans persons and constantly refer to them as an 'it', what a colossal prick you would look. And you are right there are some very important issues, so maybe if guys like you would grow up a little and stop behaving like cry babies cos someone wants to be called a 'she', then this issue wouldn't keep coming up. 

5 hours ago, peterb17 said:

No

TV has a surprising number of members- those who actually live in this country- who are tolerant of the extraordinary mix of sexualities in the Kingdom.

You go to Tesco - you can have a transgender working on the checkout. Many of us don't bat an eyelid- it's good. 

When you start to talk about perverts- really you are expressing your bigoted view against anything that does conform to the super macho alpha male.

Human sexuality is very complex- you have no idea how many married men also enjoy another man every now and then! 

I would suggest that the total acceptance of all the different varieties of human sexuality IS one of the most important issues - for example the highest rate of suicide amongst young people in the UK is in the LGBT group- because of the horrendous bullying they endure from their peers.

Agree with you 100 percent..., Human Sexuality is very complex...as for the married men scenario,,,,,when I lived in Paris, most the men who tried to chat me up or the likes, were married with kids ........

they knew what they wanted and did not hang about, with the lewd conversations,,,,

22 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Regardless of what happens, you do not have the right to beat somebody like that. That's aggravated assault and can lead to serious consequences. What I am saying is, this person did not do everything in its possible to avoid being a crime victim. Let's say you go to Chicago and park your car right beside the drug dealers's alley with the keys inside - it doesn't give the right to anyone to steal your car, regardless of how easy you make it for them, but we all agree that you didn't take the necessary measures to avoid being a victim. It's the same for this student. I believe the assaulter should be punished, but I also believe that the student should be more careful.

You are in the 21st century, so you must know "what is what". A table is NOT a bottle. A carpet is NOT a door. A man is NOT a girl. It is impossible to change someone's sex. There are 2 options: male, and female. You are born with one and stick to it for the rest of your life. This being said, this student has the right to dress like he wants. He can wear skirts, make-up, high-heels, etc. and I will respect his choice, but I will not call him "she", because it would be wrong. We use "he" for males, and "she" for females, and "it" for objects. No other option is possible.

I can't bring my own food to the cinema claiming that my food identifies as a book. I can't cheat on a test because my phone identifies as a pencil. You must know what is what.You can't become something else just by identifying as it. Fortunately I'm not to concerned by this problem, IMO it will disappear by itself, because:

1) Doctors will find it harder and harder to justify the medical complications of a sex change

2) Nobody finds that attractive. OK, maybe a small minority, but FAR lower than the number of people who mutilate themselves.

Just my opinion on that - you have the right to disagree.

Too simplistic thinking and total lack of perspective.   Definitely you can't put yourself in HER shoes.  

So a person is born with a male body and a female mind or vice versa.  It's possible not enough testosterone was released when the brain was developing, causing the brain to stay female. who knows. It seems the issue is the mind doesn't match the body.  Why are we supposed to presume it's the body that is in error 100% of the time?  Is it not possible that the mind is wrong at least some of the time?  Could some transgenders actually be suffering from a mental illness or a malfunction in the brain?  I've seen cats that think they're dogs because they grew up with dogs.  Should we perform a bunch of surgeries to give the cat a dog's body?  Not a perfect comparison but I think you get the point.  Some tg might be real tg.  Some might have another problem. But we're treating 100% of them the same way and most of the time it's a self diagnosis.  The suicide rate for post op tg is extremely high which also leads me to believe there are mental issues at play, at least in some cases.

5 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

So a person is born with a male body and a female mind or vice versa.  It's possible not enough testosterone was released when the brain was developing, causing the brain to stay female. who knows. It seems the issue is the mind doesn't match the body.  Why are we supposed to presume it's the body that is in error 100% of the time?  Is it not possible that the mind is wrong at least some of the time?  Could some transgenders actually be suffering from a mental illness or a malfunction in the brain?  I've seen cats that think they're dogs because they grew up with dogs.  Should we perform a bunch of surgeries to give the cat a dog's body?  Not a perfect comparison but I think you get the point.  Some tg might be real tg.  Some might have another problem. But we're treating 100% of them the same way and most of the time it's a self diagnosis.  The suicide rate for post op tg is extremely high which also leads me to believe there are mental issues at play, at least in some cases.

It is called hermaphrodite. An issue that not only affects pot plants (555) but also people and it is real. Some people are in fact born with the two genital organs (both male and female) and others are born with a hormonal imbalance. In these cases I have no issues. My issue is with wanna be's who want to be called something they are not nor ever will be. Fact of the matter there are just too many claiming to be "she" who have no hormonal imbalances and are hormonally balanced. Therein lies my issue...

Edited by LazySlipper

On 3/2/2017 at 9:10 PM, SiamBeast said:

You are in the 21st century, so you must know "what is what". A table is NOT a bottle. A carpet is NOT a door. A man is NOT a girl. It is impossible to change someone's sex. There are 2 options: male, and female.

Sorry, Siambeast, your perceptions and understandings of the world's human species are incorrect. The correct word,to start with, is "gender" not "sex". Secondly, for someone who claims to be living in  the 21st Century you seem woefully outdated, fossilised even?  There are plenty of cultures thriving where people choose between a range of genders to suit their identity; plenty of options available. If we profess or claim any reasonable support for personal human rights, an educated (maybe sophisticated?) person would defend an individual's choice of identity, no matter what our own personal preference (or biases) might be.  How can any other individual's definition of their gender harm you in anyway?  Personal freedoms are very important to me. I don't suppose I'm very different to most in that regard. I'm not interested in whether my own judgements of people around me are important to them, so I don';t bother making pronouncements - especially when they might reflect badly on me and my understanding of humanity.  Wowsers and do-gooders often do bad and would do themselves no harm if they kept their more extreme, missionary-style zealousness to themselves.  The Taliban exist all around us in many guises.

The notion of "gender" just does not exist - in fact, that's a word that should be removed from the dictionnary altogether. A person is born with a "sex". It is either male, or female. There is another option: hermaphrodite, where a person is born with both, that affects 1 person out of several millions. Not 5% of the population. (I didn't back my stats by any official source but you know the order of magnitude here)

You cannot "identify" yourself to anything - you are what you are. Some things can be changed: social status, body shape, clothing, etc. and some things cannot be changed: sex, race, etc.

I might be "out of the 21st century" but if living in the 21st century is that, I prefer a place that is less "developed" and still kept their culture. This  being said, if I am introduced to a "ladyboy" or a person who pretends to be from any other sex, I will respect them like anyone else - they are humans, but they are still "mister" and will always be.

The small mindedness of some of the poster on here never ceases to amaze me!

(1) The scum guys thought she was a woman so took her off to rape her, so 5 to 10 in jail for that, its attempted rape, (this can happen to both sexes prison that his)

(2) Hitting someone in the face with a brick is close to attempted murder.

(3) He or she has a right to dress and act in the way that makes them feel right, its called freedom of expression, but I guess you do not have Freedom here.

(4) Changing ones sex, they do it all the time in BK's Hub of media care

(5) Stole a phone, others have died recently just for owning one if you remember

Some of you need to get a life and an education dim is dim here

Freedom a word that many cannot contemplate and very few understand abuse is abuse now off to jail with you

Edited by wakeupplease

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2017 at 8:01 PM, SiamBeast said:

Stop using "she".

The guy still didn't have the right to beat this person and treat this person like that. But it's a man who tried to fool someone.

YES!  HE had fudged his photos on the we chat site.  And then he lost face.  And like any good Thai man, had to go and get his mates to help hold and beat "her."  Deceitful coward and general slime ball.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:43 PM, LazySlipper said:

A transgender university student was brutally attacked and robbed near Chok Chai 4 Market in Bangkok this week by a man she met on WeChat app who “didn’t look like his photos.”

Shivers down my spine!!!!! A transgender IMHO is never a she but rather an it. Sorry... not a PC guy here...

The fact that you would refer to another human being as "it" says a lot about your character. You must be a very spiteful, hateful person. 

On 3/2/2017 at 5:43 AM, LazySlipper said:

A transgender university student was brutally attacked and robbed near Chok Chai 4 Market in Bangkok this week by a man she met on WeChat app who “didn’t look like his photos.”

Shivers down my spine!!!!! A transgender IMHO is never a she but rather an it. Sorry... not a PC guy here...

It's okay we forgive you for the fact that you can not overcome your ignorance. World would be a boring place if we were all the same after all.

13 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

It's okay we forgive you for the fact that you can not overcome your ignorance. World would be a boring place if we were all the same after all.

Jesus man... you waited three weeks to express your dislike of my comment??? Really?? Get a life!

Edited by LazySlipper

19 minutes ago, bkkgooner said:

The fact that you would refer to another human being as "it" says a lot about your character. You must be a very spiteful, hateful person. 

A yawn is heard across the jungle... Ditto to you bkkgooner...