Thai Boy Left with Serious Injuries after Motorbike Crash in Pattaya

webfact

Thai Boy Left with Serious Injuries after Motorbike Crash

By Danny Boy 

honda-2.jpg?fit=1097,731

Thai boy left fighting for his life after motorbike crash on Sukhumvit road

PATTAYA: -- At around 2:00am on March 3rd, Pattaya police and emergency services were called to the scene of a road accident involving a single motorbike.

At the scene, police found the body of a 16 year old Thai boy laying motionless in the middle of the road. He had suffered some serious injuries to his body, and was having difficulties breathing.

Paramedics treated him at the scene before declaring it safe enough to transfer him to a local hospital for further treatment. He is said to still be in a critical condition.

Speaking to a local in the area, he told police that it is not the first time the an accident has occurred at the same spot. He complained that the road is still under construction, but there were no clear signs to indicate where to go, or any cautions warning drivers to slow down due to loose bits of debris on the road. This particular accident is thought to have been caused but a bump in the road, left by the ongoing construction. The witness said that he has seen cars hit the bump at speed and actually jump into the air, so it was no surprise to see a motorbike crash after hitting the same bump.

He told police that there should be some clear signage installed ASAP in order to avoid any further incidents.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/thai-boy-left-serious-injuries/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-03-03

8 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

And what happened to the licensed driver, did he flee the scene? Clearly at age sixteen the boy must have been a pillion passenger:sleep:..

I thought one could get a scooter licence at the age of 15.

1 hour ago, bangkokorbust said:

Every one has seen these 16 year skinny kids doing 80 kmph in confined areas especially down soi Buakhao.. The last place you want to be flying

And what were the parents thinking of allowing a 16 year old out at 2 am anyway. Of forgot, even though Thai law states they are responsible until their children are 20 years old,  mostly in effect they don't give a toss.  So now they have a seriously injured son.  Mind you it won't be the boys fault driving without due attention to the road conditions, it will something else.  Wonder if he was wearing a helmet ?

16 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

And what happened to the licensed driver, did he flee the scene? Clearly at age sixteen the boy must have been a pillion passenger:sleep:..

Not necessary, you can ride a 100cc legally at 15.

14 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

And what were the parents thinking of allowing a 16 year old out at 2 am anyway. Of forgot, even though Thai law states they are responsible until their children are 20 years old,  mostly in effect they don't give a toss.  So now they have a seriously injured son.  Mind you it won't be the boys fault driving without due attention to the road conditions, it will something else.  Wonder if he was wearing a helmet ?

I wouldn't wonder too long

There have been many accidents while the construction has been ongoing

just a few days ago  a car hit an unlit concrete barrier

mostly its been motorbikes falling off due to the  ruts and pot holes everywhere.

17098601_1294912930603029_2300416374432729173_n.jpg

There is a real issue though when construction or repairs are happening with roads. Many times there are simply no warnings, no lights etc and suddenly you come across repairs or a road under construction and if you are doing your legal limit you can come close to an accident. These repair areas need to be lit up and sign posted forward of the area as a warning. But I will hold my breath.

it's like watching a lemming trainwreck.

some lemmings do roadworks, dig holes and leave them insufficiently signaled, while other lemmings drive too fast to be able to stop before an obstacle, that is, if they spot it at all if they were busy with a smartphone...

let's not talk about helmets.

some of the guys doing roadworks here are totally irresponsible and should be shot IMO.

once I was driving at night on a familiar high-traffic road and one of them had dug a small hole and planted an iron bar in it that was painted red and white, but almost all of the color had worn off. That was the only warning some work had taken place, it was almost invisible in the night and I was able to avoid it only because I wasn't driving too fast. :-/

Edited by manarak

poor boy ....   at 16 he's at such a nice age.

I hope he does fully recover with the doctors help.

And I would like the police to order the contractor remove the bump on that road,  how can you do 100klms per hour with bumps like that on the road.

On 03/03/2017 at 5:59 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Why? Isn't the age for a motorcycle 15?