Monks form human shield to protect tents at Klong Luang market

rooster59

Monks form human shield to protect tents at Klong Luang market

0303005-monks.jpg

Dhammakaya monks on Friday formed a human shield to prevent officials from the Department of Special Investigation to dismantle tents erected at Klong Luang market to house protesting monks and lay followers as their leaders vowed to protect the tents with their lives.

Phra Palad Seksant, one of the leading monks, said they heard that the DSI officials had put pressure on owners of the tents to dismantle the tents so they decided to form a human shield to prevent the DSI from pulling down the tents.

It was reported that some wealthy followers had offered to buy the tents from their owners who declined the offer, fearing that they might face legal actions from the authorities for abetting the protesters.

Phra Palad Seksant said the monks and the lay followers would continue praying at Klong Luang market even if the tents are to be pulled down by DSI officials.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/monks-form-human-shield-protect-tents-klong-luang-market/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-04

If this is not an act of anarchy and mutiny than I don't know what is....

those ' monks ' are nothing more than a bunch of  thugs

in saffron robs and under the guise of protecting their religion

and their leaders.... they should be dealt in a measured decisiveness

to bring the message home that what they're dong is against

king and country.....

In a way I'm glad to know that these monks are such cowards (how did the hunger-strike pan out?). 

If they were so convinced about their sect and their leader, they might do something like the self-immolation of vietnamese monks during the vietnam war (which i have utmost respects for, the ultimate sacrifice for your ideals!).

2 or 3 of such sacrifices and Prayut's regime would crumble.

All I can say with degree of certainty is that Thai men are worthless.  The police are pussies for not dealing with this matter in a decisive manner, and the monks...well, I think most people know the true character of monks...this is a standoff of cowards.