CITIBANK - For English press 2 >> SHAME ON CITIBANK THAILAND!

I have been a Citibank credit card customer in Thailand for 12 years now and I can honestly say that I am a good customer. Sometimes I spend big time  and I always pay my bills full and on time. Burt there is one thing which bothers me to this very day:

When you call them, you spend first at least a minute listening to some Thai sermon and then again the same in English. Then we go: "For English press 2". And then it is always, always Thai. I told their customer service many, many, many times to rectify this mistake. But to this day, if you press for English language service you get Thai language service.

I doesn't dawn on me why a US multinational as big as Citicorp gives a sh*t about their customers in overseas countries. But hey, it's not only Citibank, they're lots of others companies like them here in prathet Thai. I've been living here permanently for over 30 years now. I would be happy to get some feedback, but no bullsh***ing remarks, please!

Just tried it.

Indeed if you call 1588 it's not working properly.

Dial 02  232-2484 ("from overseas" number) and it seems to work.

I pressed "2" and got English response "enter account number or .. or ..." (second option hard to understand, third option is Thai national citizen ID).

https://www.citibank.co.th/en/footer/ContactUs.htm

1 hour ago, binjalin said:

Very frustrating I agree Dario so change banks?

Yes, it is very frustrating. One thing I must say: personally they always treated me as a good customer, gave me a high credit line, HSBC gave me only one fifth of what I get at Citibank, so I can't just leave. When I travel to Europe (Switzerland {extremely expensive} and Spain) I'm always happy to be bolstered by a nice credit line in case something happens.

But I take KhunBENQ's advice to call the 02 number. That might be the trick. Thanks a lot for your input, I very much appreciate.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just tried it.

Indeed if you call 1588 it's not working properly.

Dial 02  232-2484 ("from overseas" number) and it seems to work.

I pressed "2" and got English response "enter account number or .. or ..." (second option hard to understand, third option is Thai national citizen ID).

https://www.citibank.co.th/en/footer/ContactUs.htm

You saved my day, 

After having just been released from the hospital after a 600+ blood sugar spike and having a cough with fever that just doesn't want to subside, patience comes to its limits. Thank you again.

So readers who are Citibank cc customers, take note. There must be many, already at Makro the only cc they accept is Citibank. Good to know for those who don't!

I can honestly say that I am a good customer. Sometimes I spend big time  and I always pay my bills full

in the bank's eyes you are not such a good customer, they want people to go into debt with them so they can charge high fees and interest payments.

i'm a crap customer for my bank as i haven't been overdrawn and have paid of my credit card in full every month for the last 30 odd years.

4 minutes ago, samsensam said:

I can honestly say that I am a good customer. Sometimes I spend big time  and I always pay my bills full

in the bank's eyes you are not such a good customer, they want people to go into debt with them so they can charge high fees and interest payments.

i'm a crap customer for my bank as i haven't been overdrawn and have paid of my credit card in full every month for the last 30 odd years.

I know that fact, it's not hard to understand. I was an auditor and financial controller for a big US company.