‘Not sure if Trump knows Thailand’

rooster59

By The Sunday Nation

8cc494792975079547807a3dccf92f67.jpeg

Former PM Anand Panyarachun, right, makes a point during his interview with Nation Multimedia Group’s digital journalist Suthichai Yoon.

From Brexit in the United Kingdom to the phenomenon that is US President Donald Trump, all eyes have been on a fluctuating and fascinating international trend, with Thailand undeniably part of the global equation. Former prime minister Anand Panyarachun talks to Suthichai Yoon, the Nation Multimedia Group’s digital journalist, in a Facebook Live interview.

THE EMERGENCE OF DONALD TRUMP SEEMS TO HAVE CREATED WORLDWIDE FRUSTRATION. COULD YOU EXPLAIN THE PHENOMENON BEHIND THIS? AND HOW WOULD THIS INDICATE FUTURE TRENDS?

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30307970

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-05

Donald Trump is a true new  York pudgy rich boy who doesn't have any idea of what is outside of New York and Midtown Manhatten  and the Trump Tower building.

Thailand is a place he can't conceive of where funny Chinese types speak a strange language .

Donald Trump and his advisors do not  care about  or understand such non New Yorker places as Thailand.

To a true New Yorker mentality such as the Trumpeter all such things are out-of town and therefore meaningless anyhow.

Trump and his advisors have no ability to think about or concern themselves with Thailand, it is just a strange  place outside of their Midtown New Yorker mindset mentality.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
Added a coment

1 hour ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Donald Trump is a true new  York pudgy rich boy who doesn't have any idea of what is outside of New York and Midtown Manhatten  and the Trump Tower building.

Thailand is a place he can't conceive of where funny Chinese types speak a strange language .

Donald Trump and his advisors do not  care about  or understand such non New Yorker places as Thailand.

To a true New Yorker mentality such as the Trumpeter all such things are out-of town and therefore meaningless anyhow.

Trump and his advisors have no ability to think about or concern themselves with Thailand, it is just a strange  place outside of their Midtown New Yorker mindset mentality.

I love seeing the Democrats eating each other alive

Trump is only interesting for watching how far a reprobate can go.

If in the process we hear more stories of Americans thinking London is a country or Antarctica a sub saharan refugee outpost  then i will wince whilst i laugh, passing more pity than care.

Go forth America!  China is not a threat. Purely internal. Keep on keepin on!

Edited by optad

Trump couldn't find Thailand on a map. In fact, he couldn't find his own ass if he bent over and tried to find it with both of his hands....Oh...I forgot. he only bends over for Putin. 

Edited by jaltsc

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

Thailand undeniably part of the global equation? PUH-LEEZ! Trump thinks Thailand is Taiwan!

Taiwan is part of the equation.  Thailand is, in a very small part, part of the problem.

Taiwan : Solution

Thailand : Problem

3 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I think you will find he has traveled to more countries than you ever dreamed of, maybe not Thailand yet

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/trump-foreign-businesses/

Former PM (in the Nation interview) seems rational.  Although the comment that Trump called Taiwan, doesn't ring true, might be a translation error.  Believe the Taiwanese President called Trump....  semantics as far as the Chinese were concerned.

" with Thailand undeniably part of the global equation "

LOL, firstly Thailand needs to understand where it stands in the global scale of everything

Thailand is not part of any global equation

It is just a country that will follow and do as its told by others in regards to any global policies,

it has no strength globally and will not influence any global powers,

and leading global powers do not even consider Thailand in any decisions the make.

It is just a country they are not concerned with.

These headlines and issues only make sense in Thailand, where they think Thailand has more global importance than it actually does.
Apart from a tourist destination, Thailand has little relevance to the developed western world.

Trump probably has been told of all the Asian countries, the deal is, will he remember

all the names and get them right. I watched reporters question Americans in the street

and I hope Donald knows a lot more than the empty heads of the Americans that were

interviewed, as they couldn't even get easy American questions right.

Hopefully the Donald has some world knowledgeable people around him.

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

I wait for the day when Sacha Baron Cohn takes off his mask in a presidential press conference saying: "I just wanted to figure out, how far I can go."

Id like to see Borat visit Thailand. Unfortunatly he would be the most normal person in any skit.

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

Trump couldn't find Thailand on a map. In fact, he couldn't find his own ass if he bent over and tried to find it with both of his hands....Oh...I forgot. he only bends over for Putin. 

WOW. A classic case of trump ( media induced ) hysteria disorder.

No facts needed to suggest Trump cannot find Thailand on a map for it to be true....Check!

No facts needed to suggest Russians interfered with US elections for it to be true...Check.

Facts needed to suggest that Obama tapped Trumps phone before it is believed....Check. 

Trump eats well done steak with tomato sauce....Impeach!!!

Yep, media induced hysteria disorder.  This is another article that brings out dubious opinions. 

Edited by djjamie

7 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Unlike you of course who has travelled everywhere and and knows everything. ! Fact is, you you don't know what he knows or does not.

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

He owns property in Maylasia, India, and the Phillipines. I'm pretty sure he could find Thailand on a map.

Take a look at some of his wives, why would he seek out Thailand? He has a billion dollars so can build his own Wat, probably doesn't shop, and doesn't enjoy riding elephants or jet skis. Enjoy your trade surplus with the USA and try to be ignored as long as possible.

Being off trump's radar, and no doubt Thailand is in that position, can definitely be seen as an advantage. Hopefully, patriotic Americans can find a way sooner or later to force trump to resign or to impeach him, so this dark and dangerous trump phase can be thrown into the dustbin of history.