Summer is coming, prepare for 43 degree Celsius weather

snoop1130

Summer is coming, prepare for 43 degree Celsius weather

By Coconuts Bangkok

download.png

The Thai Meteorological Department said today that summer will officially arrive this week, and residents should prepare to battle the heat.

Yikes.

Director Wanchai Sakudomchai said that the department is preparing to announce the start of summer for Thailand in a few short days and predicts the temperature is going to get worse in late April, when we’ll be dealing with 42-43 degree Celsius weather, MThai reported.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/summer-coming-prepare-43-degree-celsius-weather/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-3-6

Just now, Just1Voice said:

"Cooler weather"??  WHAT cooler weather?? In Chiang Mai we had about a week's worth of "cooler weather", then the heat came back in force.

been cool here in Pattaya for a few months, Cool to me is anything under 30 deg C.

Just now, Just1Voice said:

You live in the Whorehouse of Thailand.  I have no sympathy for you. lol

great place to live, sadly the hours I work does not allow any free time to enjoys whats on offer.

Sunny and Searing: Yep, it's officially summer again

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

14617507531461750862l.jpg

Land surface temperatures as observed by NASA’s Earth Observatory Team between April 15, 2016, and April 23, 2016. Yellow is hottest. Photo: Reto Stockli / NASA Earth Observatory Team

BANGKOK — Stay hydrated and pack a lunch box to avoid roasting under the scorching afternoon sun.

Friday officially welcomed the first day of summer, the Meteorological Department announced on Monday.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2017/03/06/sunny-searing-yep-officially-summer/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-6

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I don't think he's after your sympathy. He might OTOH have some sympathy for you who're probably stuck in some dreary place out in the sticks. Enjoy the free ant eggs and beetles though!:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

Not again!!! I will skip this sh*t  :post-4641-1156693976:

32 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep hot in the hot season and cooler in the cool season.

Who would imagine that.

Well, not so fast folks, that (first) pic above is a new one after all ... bkk at two thirds of the distance to the sun, so yes, that will get hot a lot this time!

:cheesy: ... i always had a feeling they're not from this planet ... 

42 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep hot in the hot season and cooler in the cool season.

Who would imagine that.

There was a cool season in Bangkok this past year? I must have missed it. There is usually around 2 weeks of low/mid 20's (Celsius) and people wearing stocking caps around Bangkok (always funny to me) but I think there was only 2 days that I would consider cooler.

Absurd, that in recent years Thais have referred to temperate seasons to describe the local weather. It's the tropics, therefore: Rainy season, and dry season, with some cooling for a few weeks in northern provinces. NOT summer, autumn [fall], winter, spring. Tropical temperatures are easy to predict for any given time of the year, it always gets hot from Feb/March in Thailand, it always starts to rain June/July.  

48 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Pattaya the same. I needed a hoody on the bike early in the morning about twice this year, when normally it is 2 months.

Jan-March is normally my favourite time of year, but warm very early. Looks like its set to be hotter than the contents of my girlfriends underpants.

When it gets really hot just give me a call and I'll verify it for you.  :)

5 hours ago, Becker said:

I don't think he's after your sympathy. He might OTOH have some sympathy for you who're probably stuck in some dreary place out in the sticks. Enjoy the free ant eggs and beetles though!:thumbsup:

Actually, living out in the sticks can provide all the so called fun you want to enjoy. It is cleaner here, the villages are far more genuine, and not every second lady is a hooker. BTW, the ant eggs are not free, I received a few baht to remove a few nests from my small hobby farm. The ants love certain trees and they do have a sharp wake you up sting. Beetles are not eaten here, crickets and grasshoppers are the preferred snack. My wife makes a good living out of growing crickets, the money she makes is hers. You need to get out and about, there is more to Thailand than crappy tourist destinations. 

It is no different to Australia forecasting cyclones, heat waves and extreme weather conditions. He is doing his job, not all Thais have a weather chart. Grab half a brain and stop being so negative. The post was not directed to all of you so clever farangs, it was directed to Thai who do not have a weather chart.

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So! You think you are better than him??? How about you! Don't throw stones in a glass house, punk!

3 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Actually, living out in the sticks can provide all the so called fun you want to enjoy. It is cleaner here, the villages are far more genuine, and not every second lady is a hooker. BTW, the ant eggs are not free, I received a few baht to remove a few nests from my small hobby farm. The ants love certain trees and they do have a sharp wake you up sting. Beetles are not eaten here, crickets and grasshoppers are the preferred snack. My wife makes a good living out of growing crickets, the money she makes is hers. You need to get out and about, there is more to Thailand than crappy tourist destinations. 

Yeah living out in the sticks would be a huge hassle for my daily work commute, enjoy the dust and grasshoppers.

Nice and cozy with a hot summer. Just think about all the cold beer we have an excuse for drinking!
The secret formula:

A = 37 degree body temp.
B = the temp of the day

For every degree over body temp it´s adviced to take an extra beer.

C = extra amount of beer over the 3-4 regular

B - A = C + 3-4 regular!

It´s just gonná be great!

13 hours ago, Silurian said:

There was a cool season in Bangkok this past year? I must have missed it. There is usually around 2 weeks of low/mid 20's (Celsius) and people wearing stocking caps around Bangkok (always funny to me) but I think there was only 2 days that I would consider cooler.

Stocking hats, down jackets, standing around a fire in a barrel.  All that and it's 25 celcius outside.  Haha.