Suvarnabhumi investigates after passengers say their suitcases were raided

webfact

Suvarnabhumi investigates after passengers say their suitcases were raided

By Coconuts Bangkok 

co2.jpg

Photo: Wei Jen Chang/ Flickr

BANGKOK: -- Suvarnabhumi International Airport is investigating the claims by passengers that airport staff went through their bags without permission in late February.

According to a report by TNN on Sunday, the airport is looking into the claim following a widely shared warning on LINE application, which stated passengers on who traveled on Feb. 25 on flight MM0990, had their suitcases’ locks destroyed and their bags raided.

The flight, which flew from Bangkok to Okinawa, Japan was operated by Peach, a low-cost airline based in Japan.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/suvarnabhumi-investigates-after-passengers-say-their-suitcases-were-raided/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-03-07

1 hour ago, Doiger said:

I could understand this if the flight was coming into Bangkok, but it was flying out to Okinawa so where is the proof that this happened in Bangkok 

you would suspect japanese staff?? :unsure::-P

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Every time I fly or I fly with my missus, she locks our suitcases really securely. She doesn't trust the throwers (bag handlers) at Swampy one bit. 

They destroyed the lock. did you read the article?

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Every time I fly or I fly with my missus, she locks our suitcases really securely. She doesn't trust the throwers (bag handlers) at Swampy one bit. 

That's fine, but probably doesn't offer the security you think it does.  If baggage handlers suspect from x-rays or whatever that there's something worth taking in the bag, it's EASY to get through the zippers and into the contents of the bag, literally in seconds.  The plastic wrap only takes a bit longer.  And all it takes is a paper-clip or ball-point pen.  The remedy, unfortunately, is to NOT travel with anything you can't afford to lose, and whatever you do, DON'T put valuables in your checked bags.  There are some schemes and gizmos that can help make the pilfering a bit more labor- and time-intensive, but the best bet is just not to pack valuables in checked bags at all.  Travelers are now constantly trying to juggle carry-on weight & size restrictions to minimize extra fees, and so want to consign some things to their checked bags they would formerly have carried on. They must learn to travel light(er) and leave the heavy laptop and expensive jewelry at home.  Top-of-the-line luggage is a lure as well.  Baggage handlers simply cannot be trusted.  Almost anywhere.

If you're so well off that such restrictions make no sense to you, then either get used to rolling the dice, or maybe you should explore the world of charter aviation...

That's fine, but probably doesn't offer the security you think it does.  If baggage handlers suspect from x-rays or whatever that there's something worth taking in the bag, it's EASY to get through the zippers and into the contents of the bag, literally in seconds.  The plastic wrap only takes a bit longer.  And all it takes is a paper-clip or ball-point pen.  The remedy, unfortunately, is to NOT travel with anything you can't afford to lose, and whatever you do, DON'T put valuables in your checked bags.  There are some schemes and gizmos that can help make the pilfering a bit more labor- and time-intensive, but the best bet is just not to pack valuables in checked bags at all.  Travelers are now constantly trying to juggle carry-on weight & size restrictions to minimize extra fees, and so want to consign some things to their checked bags they would formerly have carried on. They must learn to travel light(er) and leave the heavy laptop and expensive jewelry at home.  Top-of-the-line luggage is a lure as well.  Baggage handlers simply cannot be trusted.  Almost anywhere.

If you're so well off that such restrictions make no sense to you, then either get used to rolling the dice, or maybe you should explore the world of charter aviation...

Exactly !

The zip on a suitcase can be opened with a ball point pen in seconds and the zip repaired afterwards just as quickly .

The trick is to NOT put valuables in checked luggage !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 3/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, captspectre said:

why not? first, the Japanese are known for their honesty and integrity, second the Thai's are known for their dishonesty, their lack of integrity. they run from accidents, etc.

Also, If the Japanese are arrested or accused of something like this, it instantly brings shame to self and ancestors, plus facing real criminal charges. In BKK, especially if it's a "ring", you can get away with tea money (ok, lots of tea).

You should also refer the OP to "King Power airport scam".