curry recipes?

bendejo

Not in Thailand right now, and trying to come up with a masuman curry.  (for the sake of indexing masaman, massaman and massuman all seem like acceptable spellings on the net) 

I'm not in the tropics just now, so no chance of stuff like coconut milk, fresh lime leaves etc.  But I think I could put together a hearty curry sauce.  Anyone with a recipe they'd care to share?

No chance of coconut milk, limes.

Why not go to your nearest Chinese store, they will have everything you need.

When i was in the UK i went to the Wing Yip supermarket in Manchester, they have all things required for Asian cooking .

if yer in the UK Waitrose has a surprisingly good selection of spices...prepared curry pastes, etc

if yer in Brighton the arab store across from Waitrose on Church St is the place to go...they got everything...haven't been down that way in over 5 years though...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You dont need lime leaves for masaman curry and you can use tinned coconut milk. Maesri make a good tinned masaman curry paste, which will save you a lot of time and effort. Here's a good recipe for masaman gai- https://highheelgourmet.com/2013/11/23/authentic-massaman-curry-paste/