I was assaulted in Walking street. Help

ksi2

11 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So that is why this guy was assaulted when there was no question about him paying his bill?  

How can you make a definitive statement that there was no question whether he had paid the bill?  Do you have access to absolute proof that the bill was paid? 

By the way, I'm not making any statement in any direction about this point.  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, farcanell said:

Apparently, given the clarity of his recollection, he does remember

apparently, given that when he made his police report, it was taken seriously.

not all people are blackout drunks... some can drink responsibly, all night, without loosing recollection of events, or getting drunk, as defined by the law ( not that the law about drunkenness applies to pedestrians)

and the police are there ( the same police who took the report seriously)  to protect others from abuse... which we know... which you know.... happens often in pattaya.

the guard had no reason to suspect that the guy was fleeing anything... had no right to assault him... had no right even to accost him.

you seem to have a bias against people who drink.... teetotal all you want... but don't discriminate against someone who does drink, because drink doesn't equate to drunk... nor does drunk equate to breaking any laws.

and... last I looked... the police didn't keep bank hours... its a 24/7 job.... so the time of day doesn't make one bit of difference

there I was... 4.30 am... a guy breaks in, knocks me out, rapes my wife... but hey, it was 4.30am... don't worry about it... OTT, yes, but you get the point, don't you?

and if jumping a road barrier is irresponsible... hell... 50% of the world needs smacking in the face, for this, or similarly "irresponsible" actions

Did the previous posts from the OP mention a 'road barrier', or 'a barrier inside the bar'?

'the guard had no reason to suspect that the guy was fleeing anything... had no right to assault him... had no right even to accost him'.

Your talking about Pattaya, incidents everyday of theft, failure to pay etc. That's part of the reason why bars have security guards.

You play in these locations in Pattaya (and Phuket, and many locations in the world), you accept what comes along with it.

Jeezz, out of almost 100 replies there's just a handful answers to the question: "What should I do?"

Moral police is up to full force!!

As for the OP: You could file a complaint at Soi 9, but it will only satisfy your possible hurt feelings. Don't expect too much from it.

As for the future, but I guess you figured that out: Get around barriers and avoid any confrontation with short-fused security-people. They're usually frustrated ex-coppers. 

5 hours ago, tropo said:

Apologizing for the security guard? Seriously?

Let's just keep the story as presented and make our comments based on that. There's no need to fantasize about scenarios where the security guard was doing the right thing. That's absurd.

Nobody is apologizing for anyone - just saying it was reactionary....

If the two men had wanted to - or persued an attack on a stumbling admitted drunk on a pretty empty street or sidewalk he'd be in the hospital - - maybe with empty pockets.....By most reported incidents standards it seems ladyboys do more damage than he received....

Was it right he got tagged in the face.....Probably not....What exactly took place we'll never know - only one side of it....From a drunk....

Probably a good thing he didn't barrel/hurtle/stumble into a couple of drunk africans or russians....

A couple of cctv angles would probably go a long way into explaining cause & effect + provide instant, (accurate), memory....

All in all he's pretty fortunate & hopefully he quits jumping over signs & barriers....Might break an arm, collar bone, ankle, or neck next time.....All by himself....

Edited by pgrahmm

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

want  some good advice  ....

forget it and move on.

welcome to thailand.  walking around drunk in any town at 4.00am is asking for trouble,  don't do it again. 

If you want to drink and enjoy, make sure you do it with 1 or 2 others ... never on your own.

never get into an argument with a thai,  you'll always come off second best.

pay for your beer each time you get one, don't run up a tab.

never hire a jet ski.

never take a girl to your room.

never wear gold in Pattaya.

never stop when someone wants to chat with you in the street ...  it's likely a scam

be street wise,  careful and smart .... and you will be fine.

Can he still inhale oxygen?

6 hours ago, tropo said:

Apologizing for the security guard? Seriously?

Let's just keep the story as presented and make our comments based on that. There's no need to fantasize about scenarios where the security guard was doing the right thing. That's absurd.

The security guard that did a runner before the BiB arrived because...... ???

any number of answers... one highly likely one is because he knew he was in the wrong for assaulting the young man

someone called the young man "barely legal"... 5555... at 22, brits have been drinking for years

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Did the previous posts from the OP mention a 'road barrier', or 'a barrier inside the bar'?

Apologies.... not sure how " road" ended up in there before "barrier"

good catch scorecard... keep me honest ??

The only way to put a dent in this type of bad behavior by security guards is to get the police involved and ask for compensation. That hurts the bar in the pocket and most likely gets the security guard fired.  If the young man goes to the police and presses charges that forces the police to investigate and since he is a tourist most likely he will get some compensation.  However, I would then avoid  Walking Street and Pattaya-  so many other places that are much nicer with a better atmosphere. Walking street is sealing its own fate- it's on the way out.  It won't be missed/

20 hours ago, natway09 said:

A drunk Brit in walking street at 4.30am jumping over the dividers.

Go & purchase some common sense somewhere before bursting into print

I would not want to get in the way of your Brit bash, but where does it say he was a Brit? He seemed more like an Arab to me, as another poster suggested, or have i missed something!

28 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

I would not want to get in the way of your Brit bash, but where does it say he was a Brit? He seemed more like an Arab to me, as another poster suggested, or have i missed something!

If you go allll the way back, and read the thread, you will see that he says he is not an Arab, but British.... oh hell... that's too hard isn't it... just jump to post six

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Nobody is apologizing for anyone - just saying it was reactionary....

You are apologizing for the security guard. 

What you should have said was: "maybe it could have been reactionary...", but your mind was made up and you said: "it was reactionary"....

The only possible reason it could have been reactionary is if the OP attacked him and he hit him back.... but let's not dream up scenarios. You're trying desperately to give the security guard some credibility here.

Edited by tropo

35 minutes ago, tropo said:

You are apologizing for the security guard. 

What you should have said was: "maybe it could have been reactionary...", but your mind was made up and you said: "it was reactionary"....

The only possible reason it could have been reactionary is if the OP attacked him and he hit him back.... but let's not dream up scenarios. You're trying desperately to give the security guard some credibility here.

there is no justification EVER for this type of assault 

19 hours ago, tropo said:

Most certainly you've had little to do with police in your 11 years here and know nothing about them.

The police don't have sympathy for anyone at all. 

You don't know much about them too, got a couple of friends there (1 a police colonel) who do care .

When you're in an at risk community or area......Hanging around  doing at risk stuff - with other people with the same at risk lifestyle behaviors & characteristics - sooner or later something negative is going to take place.....

Did the OP deserve it? Maybe not....

Was the OP acting responsibly and at full senses = no - wasn't hurt because he was too numb from the drunk.....

Was it unfortunate = yes....Did he help bring the incident about = yes.....

Was he lucky? Possibly.... Something worse might have been waiting if he made that first jump / or missed it even worse than he did..... 

Or maybe just a safe trip back to his room....

Did he learn - time will tell.....

It was wrong to punched and I have seen many assaults late on walking street by thai's  for little or no reason. Most assaults I have seen are by foreign hooligan types on other tourists who are out alone. Seems idiots come here and after having a few want to be bullies.

I think where the op tried to jump the barrier is pictured below, which is a private walkway to walking street that is closed at about 2am after the kiosk vendors go home. You can almost see the entrance down past Marine mansion and it takes you out by family mart. People are trying to jump this all night long and maybe the security just lost it but still no excuse. I would report it to the tourists police as this is not acceptable. They keep Walkway.png out so no one can break into the vendors booths. This actually used to be road i would drive on until they changed it about 15 years ago. If the OP knew he could have easily gone through the bars to the right ending up on walking street.

walking1.png

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You don't know much about them too, got a couple of friends there (1 a police colonel) who do care .

You've got police friends? LOL

That's your evidence that Pattaya police really care? Maybe you found the two that really do care.:smile:

Edited by tropo

1 hour ago, tropo said:

You've got police friends? LOL

That's your evidence that Pattaya police really care? Maybe you found the two that really do care.:smile:

I've got police " contacts"... it costs me... but it's kind of like insurance ?

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

I prefer to call them "incentivized" friends... lol

It's smart to keep a few of them in your pockets. The only problem is they're open to the highest bidder and could easily turn against you too.

On 3/9/2017 at 9:45 AM, colinneil said:

OP when you are drunk you are still polite and respectful.    :cheesy:

You are joking, most people when they are drunk cannot even remember who they are, where they are.

That reminded me colinneil of the last New Years eve in England before coming out here . 2004/5 it was , 3 pubs in Tamerton Foliet , darts, tarts and old farts . I left old farts ( 7 Stars) about 24.30 ,went through tarts ( Queens Arms ) to see who was there and was told about 3 days later by a barmaid that I was well oiled , walked into the jukebox and apologized to it.  I wonder what was playing on it.

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

why would you need police contacts??????????????????

You never know.... to start out it was to get work clearances... then I maintained the contact as insurance "here's my number, you call me if you have any problems"

an example of a problem would be .... four nights ago, someone tried to break into my tenants house... I called one of the guys I know, and he turned up very promptly.

no... it didn't help regards apprehending the would be thief... but it made my tenant happy, which in turns, secures that source of income.

and no... I don't believe I would have gotten as fast a response, from simply calling the local station (chalong... were the Russian fish feeder was locked up) or tourist police.

19 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

It was wrong to punched and I have seen many assaults late on walking street by thai's  for little or no reason. Most assaults I have seen are by foreign hooligan types on other tourists who are out alone. Seems idiots come here and after having a few want to be bullies.

I think where the op tried to jump the barrier is pictured below, which is a private walkway to walking street that is closed at about 2am after the kiosk vendors go home. You can almost see the entrance down past Marine mansion and it takes you out by family mart. People are trying to jump this all night long and maybe the security just lost it but still no excuse. I would report it to the tourists police as this is not acceptable. They keep Walkway.png out so no one can break into the vendors booths. This actually used to be road i would drive on until they changed it about 15 years ago. If the OP knew he could have easily gone through the bars to the right ending up on walking street.

walking1.png

Nice location pics but could u also submit some photos of the punk security guard to make this story complete?Yes i do not mind including some good old fashioned finger pointing.?

Edited by Destiny1990

On 9.3.2017 at 7:12 PM, ksi2 said:

Why would i make this up? I can send a copy of the police report if you would like?

for chrissake - no police...!

why don't you refer to ID #40?