Thai govt satisfied with crackdown on intellectual property violation

webfact

Govt satisfied with crackdown on intellectual property violation

BANGKOK, 10 March 2017 (NNT) - The Ministry of Commerce has destroyed more than three million copycat good. The ministry expressed its confidence that Thailand will be withdrawn from the U.S.' Priority Watch List (PWL) in April. 

Deputy Minister of Commerce Sonthiwat Sonthichirawong said he was satisfied with the government's crack down on intellectual property infringement in the past year, especially in the red zones such as the MBK shopping mall and Rong Kluea market. The sale of counterfeit goods decreased by 80% and as many as 360,000 items worth more than 1.7 billion baht were confiscated. This number of confiscated counterfeit goods is the highest ever in Thailand. 

The counterfeit goods from 2,368 finalized cases were destroyed on Friday at the 11th Infantry Regiment, King's Guard. 

Mr. Sonthiwat said he believed that Thailand's solutions to intellectual property violation would likely make the U.S. withdraw Thailand from the PWL in April this year.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-10

I'd quite happily work for this department on a quid pro quo basis. I show you where the illegal goods are, you prosecute and then pay me. 

There's one place literally a 5 min walk from me next to a police booth. You'll even be able to arrest the police in their box for aiding and abetting. 

And of course we all believe the figures given - figures plucked out of thin air.

I could say: 'My team has confiscated 3 billion fake goods. Everything is now fine'. Oh, of course!

Why should we even begin to believe these liars and crooks? They just say whatever comes into their heads at the time. No proof. No consistency. No reliability. No integrity.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Commerce has destroyed more than three million copycat good.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The sale of counterfeit goods decreased by 80% and as many as 360,000 items worth more than 1.7 billion baht were confiscated.

They recruited someone from TAT to write their press release? :coffee1:

So after confiscating less thasn 1% of all the knock off goods out there, they think America will just take them off the Priority watch list?

I don't think so. I think the Americans will expect to see the same thing every week, for a very long time to come. Hopelessly deluded these people.

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

And of course we all believe the figures given - figures plucked out of thin air.

I could say: 'My team has confiscated 3 billion fake goods. Everything is now fine'. Oh, of course!

Why should we even begin to believe these liars and crooks? They just say whatever comes into their heads at the time. No proof. No consistency. No reliability. No integrity.

No proof? Just go to MBK and bring your camera...also go to ANY open market in the subs..i bet it's still there.

And what about thai governmentcomputers all running on a unlicensed version of Windows?

“The sale of counterfeit goods decreased by 80% …”

In order to make this statement, The Ministry of Commerce  had to have knowledge of, and had to have been tracking the selling of counterfeit goods over a long period of time. How can anyone trust the word of those who had been, at the very least, allowing this to occur without taking any action to stop it? 

Edited by jaltsc

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I'd quite happily work for this department on a quid pro quo basis. I show you where the illegal goods are, you prosecute and then pay me. 

There's one place literally a 5 min walk from me next to a police booth. You'll even be able to arrest the police in their box for aiding and abetting. 

Those police you refer to are completely, and totally above the law. How many of their active ranks do you see getting arrested, and convicted, and sentenced? Ever? Despite all of the false hyperbole. Do not believe it. My guess is that they confiscated only defective merchandise. And it was a voluntary maneuver to try to fool the public and put a good face on this epidemic. Too many people, in positions of power and influence are making too much money, to abandon this gravy train. They will either stay on this list, or the US will do that same thing it is doing in both Burma and Cambodia. Look the other way, despite massive offenses, being committed by madmen despots.