Thai man goes armed with a knife to Chonburi "to sort out insurance policy"

webfact

Thai man goes armed with a knife "to sort out insurance policy"

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

CHONBURI: -- A Thai man went to buy a cheap knife before heading off to a Chonburi insurance company to sort out a disagreement over a policy.

But when Adul Atnanan , 43, arrived at the Krung Thai insurance office in Muang district the saleswoman walked away from him.

So he produced his knife and stabbed her outside the office.

Samet police found the victim Pranee Charoensuk, 49, with stab wounds to the right breast and ribs and her right arm. She was rushed to Ekachaon 2 hospital in a serious condition, reported Pattaya News.

The assailant had fled in a white pick-up and was soon arrested heading to downtown Chonburi from the scene of the attack in Phrayasatja Road.

Adul, the son of a fertilizer business owner with a shop opposite Wat Yai Intharam, was caught with the bloodstained weapon in his vehicle.

He said he had bought the 80 baht knife opposite the town hall then headed to the insurance office to sort out a disagreement on a policy. He had wanted to opt out of the policy and get his money back and had been in touch with the company many times before about his grievances.

He said he had taken the knife to threaten them.

When Pranee refused to accommodate his wishes and suggested he phone a call center he attacked her with the newly bought weapon.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-10

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Silly bugger, he should have known he was wasting his time.

Usual answer, not up to me phone this number.

We have all had this crap at sometime.

Its the modus operendi here. Shift the problem to someone else back to the mobile. Don't waste my time. 

3 hours ago, vogie said:

To be fair, isn't it something we have all done at one time or another?

3 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Speak for yourself     :shock1:  

How many years did you get ?

I once got an inactive post. It's mine forever, I can go back and be inactive if I want.

Literally do not understand how people can let anger and the ego get the better of themselves. He had many minutes from buying the knife to driving there to see clearly and prevent his anger from clouding his judgment, now his freedom is gone. People are weird 

I think most of us have encountered an insurance claims adjuster who we wished we could have knifed.  Unfortunately, for me, a seasoned insurance claim litigator, probably over 1,000 claims adjusters I had feelings about in this manner.  Never acted upon it, perhaps with some regret.

5 hours ago, vogie said:

To be fair, isn't it something we have all done at one time or another?

well i can truly understand him....insurance here or anywhere is pure violence against the public...a legal mafia thats all... 

57 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

doing anything in thailand seems to be very frustrating. i am out after 10 years of being jacked around. i will never own anything or work in thailand again. couple months a year for a holiday will do me.

Dealing with Thais is very consuming.