Pattaya tunnel project delayed

Rimmer

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, craigt3365 said:

Just went both ways.  What an absolute mess.  They should be embarrassed.  Traffic is really backed up.  Both ways the lane on the outside is a disaster.  Dirt, rocks, holes.  Horrible.  Absolutely terrible.

I was in Latvia a few years ago.  Saw them resurfacing a highway.  They could do about 2km of road an hour.  From start to finish.  What a professional job.  Here, we've been waiting for a long time for a properly resurfaced road outside the tunnel.  Unreal.

I agree and in many countries they use generators and huge lights so they can keep doing the work even at night time. This has caused  so much inconvenience and such delays because the traffic has been narrowed down to one lane that they should have been doing this in shifts on a 24-hour basis but there is no sense of urgency whatsoever.

And what about the sidewalk of the eastern side- well in short there isn't one any more :giggle: complete shambles.

now that I have seen this in real time ,I don't understand why they couldn't accomplish this with heavy equipment such as scrapers(landmovers ) and cats etc..this isn't a tunnel its a normal overpass,nothing about this is underground...????

7 hours ago, mok199 said:

now that I have seen this in real time ,I don't understand why they couldn't accomplish this with heavy equipment such as scrapers(landmovers ) and cats etc..this isn't a tunnel its a normal overpass,nothing about this is underground...????

why couldn't they have created an elevated overpass with most of the components prefabricated off-site and simply assembled? It could have been done in months instead of years.

3 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

why couldn't they have created an elevated overpass with most of the components prefabricated off-site and simply assembled? It could have been done in months instead of years.

Its because,     T.I.P     (this is pattaya)  :giggle:

13 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

The overpasses being built heading into Sriracha seem to be taking years.