Video: Look what the cops found in Pattaya yesterday!

rooster59

Video: Look what the cops found in Pattaya yesterday!

thumbnail_S__934201.jpg

Image: Siamchon News

Police and the military made raids on 25 locations in and around Pattaya yesterday in a drive to "improve safety and inspire confidence for tourists".

This time the target was not the sex trade or even shisha clubs - the cops were after guns.

They found 13 weapons of various sizes from handguns to rifles along with 300 bullets. The weapons were being sold on social media and delivered to criminals through the post.

Ten grams of ice, methamphetamine, was also discovered.

Top brass police led by chief Surachet Hakpan went to some of the locations that were raided then decamped to Pattaya tourist police HQ to explain to reporters about the various weaponry discovered and talk about the good day's work making the resort safer.

Surachet said that Pattaya was an important place for tourism that was recognized throughout the world. The safety of tourists and their belongings was very important as was tourist confidence.

He added that over the last four months 500 weapons have been confiscated along with 30,000 rounds of ammunition in the war on weapons entitled "Removing guns from the criminals' lairs".

The force were especially targeting tourist towns for the war on weapons with Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai at the top of the list, said Surachet.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-11

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Any one stupid enought to openly sell guns on Social Media, deserves to get caught.

Only the stupid are caught by Pattaya police who have bigger fish to fry and more urgent calls on their time.

A step forwards, but the main issue is being ignored.

While the punishment for most crimes here is totally pathetic, people will still carry knives and guns, happily cause road rage accidents, and engage in gang related crimes.

Install FUNCTIONAL CCTV's around towns, give courts the powers to hand out meaningful custody, fines and confiscation and attitudes will change.

If penalties for "general crime' were treated the way that the authorities pursue lese majeste, crime would be halved within weeks.

Yes I am a dreamer, not in my lifetime....

3 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

A step forwards, but the main issue is being ignored.

While the punishment for most crimes here is totally pathetic, people will still carry knives and guns, happily cause road rage accidents, and engage in gang related crimes.

Install FUNCTIONAL CCTV's around towns, give courts the powers to hand out meaningful custody, fines and confiscation and attitudes will change.

If penalties for "general crime' were treated the way that the authorities pursue lese majeste, crime would be halved within weeks.

Yes I am a dreamer, not in my lifetime....

Clearly you've completely disconnected from reality. considering that heavy custodial punishments for a wide variety of crimes here and around the world as a track record of not doing as you have stated. Dream away

This kind of work will get them the big face and 'pats on the back'.......................

Get a few more lady boys while you are at it........... But hassling the working girls and go-go dancers won't help their image or the image of Pattaya in the 'Tourists' eyes................

Keep up THIS KIND of good work...............

(You just might get a "certificate" for the good job.........)

Glad to see some goods news in these rebellious/dangerous times. Keep it up.

The rest of the story would be helpful as ID#2 above stated.

I do wonder where these guns go once they are confiscated. To the homes/family members of all of these proud cops?

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Top brass police led by chief Surachet Hakpan went to some of the locations that were raided then decamped to Pattaya tourist police HQ to explain to reporters about the various weaponry discovered and talk about the good day's work making the resort safer.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I need some roads made safer here any chance of some show police to show up? We are a tourist area as well but then Pattaya is a bigger money generator. 

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The weapons and ammunition were found where? Who has been arrested? And have any of the buyers been arrested?

How can anyone feel safe if not known exactly who or what they are dealing with there.

Unless your living on the moon, the majority in Thailand have firearms, and they are everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Y'know, I served for years in the Cubs, I was a right little Know-all and never had that many badges on my little green uniform...

Lol.... they kicked my ass out of cubs!

But that nothing compared to what my old man did to my ass, when I got home.

The only thing I took away from this video was a bunch of police dudes working and not taking a nap in their intersection-let-me-mess-up-perfectly-good-flowing-traffic-boxes.

And with working I also only refer to a fraction of them as the rest joined for good measure.