British man dies after falling from Udon Thani hotel

webfact

2 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Sleep walking with all those empty beer bottles on the balcony...55555

drunk more like it!

How can this tragedy generate so much mirth and merriment. Please guys show a little respect.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police investigating searched Mr Railton’s 4th floor room, where they found the door unlocked and no sign of a struggle. Police said they also found medication in the room and empty beer bottles and an amount of urine on the balcony. Police said they are working on the theory that Mr Railton was drunk and fell while trying to urinate from the balcony.

So it`s the usual reasons why Farlangs try to fly off of high buildings. Case closed.

20 hours ago, saakura said:

The accident occured at 3.40pm which i understand to be mid afternoon. Hardly the time to be drunk and urinating in the balcony.

Not when ure an alcoholic ?

Drunk any time of the day ?

32 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

WRONG the body was found at 4.45 AM he was last seen at 3.20pm.

Please try to keep the facts straight.

Pls try to quote right. I never claimed any specific time. Ok na khrap...

I find these frequent cases of foreigners falling off high buildings deeply disturbing. It is too easy to plant evidence that makes these tragic deaths appear like suicides, accidents or misadventure. Of course many of these deaths can be perfectly explainable but what I don`t like is that the police seem to determine how they died by what is found on the scene without a thorough investigation believing that the obvious is always the fact. If foul play is involved then it`s more likely the identity of Jack the Ripper will be discovered before the perpetrators of these murders. 

Situations can become hot here in Thailand, and I`m not talking about the weather. Watch over your backs out there.  

Just very odd how a Brit dies every day in Thailand 

more odd was this guys job & yet HE leaves the door open to his room 

well let's see who dies tomorrow as it's an every day occurance in Thailand 

yet not in any other country with drink & balconies 

if it happens in Spain it makes UK news yet in Thailand it never does......

RIP 

Not as low as calling a man an alcoholic because he fell [presumably] a balcony while possibly drunk.

You never been drunk?

How drunk would you be to pee on your own balcony? That takes a special type of drunk.

I never in my life met anyone drunk enough to do that. This guy must have been on a bender and lost control at some point.

Just now, payttayasquirt said:

How drunk would you be to pee on your own balcony? That takes a special type of drunk.

I never in my life met anyone drunk enough to do that. This guy must have been on a bender and lost control at some point.

Still does not make him an alcoholic and it is wrong to label him so.

Whenever I read stories like this I wonder if it was some poor guy that fell in love with a bar girl and found out she was doing it with other guys. (gasp) and did himself in or maybe his bar girl's boyfriend gave him a shove off the balcony and then took his money. I personally have never been so drunk I'd fall of the balcony. I know it could happen and does, but the frequent fliers in Thailand give one a pause to ponder.

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Still does not make him an alcoholic and it is wrong to label him so.

It's speculation. Some go with the push some go with suicide, I'm going heavy drinker.

When you start pissing the bed or pissing outside your own toilet you better believe you have big alcoholic issues.!

I'm absolutely labeling him a big drunk, the details are in the report. Pretty hard to ignore.

Still sad though

There is a few really spiteful and speculative posts on this thread - 'an alcoholic', 'was pushed by TGF or her BF', or 'committed suicide'. As I posted previously, I knew Stewie from back in the UK and in Pattaya - I can categorically state that while he liked a drink, he was not an alcoholic. Also there is not a shred of evidence (to date) to suggest any sort of foul play. Let's leave the detective work to the BiB.

Please be aware that these irreverent posts might cause great upset to Stewie's grown up kids - they will want to know what happened to their Dad. They will google his name and come across this thread.

Guys, please let's all show a little bit of respect and sensitivity towards the deceased and his family.

PS My thanks to the Mods for their efforts on this thread.

I have removed "troll" comments and remarks in "poor humour". You have been reminded of the forum rules.

Any further incidents will result in "posting holidays" without warning being issued.

Please show a little more respect and sensitivity to friends and family of the deceased.

1 hour ago, payttayasquirt said:

It's speculation. Some go with the push some go with suicide, I'm going heavy drinker.

When you start pissing the bed or pissing outside your own toilet you better believe you have big alcoholic issues.!

I'm absolutely labeling him a big drunk, the details are in the report. Pretty hard to ignore.

Still sad though

I know what you are doing.

I can read.

I'm just telling you it is wrong to do what you are doing.

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I know what you are doing.

I can read.

I'm just telling you it is wrong to do what you are doing.

Yes,it is wrong on so many levels,The danger of the anonymous internet personality I presume.

We have all had our say, so why cannot we leave the poor man in peace and his family to grieve in their own private space?

There is a few really spiteful and speculative posts on this thread - 'an alcoholic', 'was pushed by TGF or her BF', or 'committed suicide'. As I posted previously, I knew Stewie from back in the UK and in Pattaya - I can categorically state that while he liked a drink, he was not an alcoholic. Also there is not a shred of evidence (to date) to suggest any sort of foul play. Let's leave the detective work to the BiB.

Please be aware that these irreverent posts might cause great upset to Stewie's grown up kids - they will want to know what happened to their Dad. They will google his name and come across this thread.

Guys, please let's all show a little bit of respect and sensitivity towards the deceased and his family.

PS My thanks to the Mods for their efforts on this thread.

There is some form of speculation in a vast number of threads on TV. You can not have a public forum without speculation.
Regarding what you said about his grown kids, let me tell you, the damage was done in the OP.

The report of the deposit of bodily fluids was absolutely unnecessary.

The kids will see that and draw there own conclusions but they won't be pretty.

2 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

Whenever I read stories like this I wonder if it was some poor guy that fell in love with a bar girl and found out she was doing it with other guys. (gasp) and did himself in or maybe his bar girl's boyfriend gave him a shove off the balcony and then took his money. I personally have never been so drunk I'd fall of the balcony. I know it could happen and does, but the frequent fliers in Thailand give one a pause to ponder.

Now here's someone who is switched on at last

3 hours ago, balo said:

Seems like he was drunk and used the balcony as a toilet .  Doesn't sound like a suicide or a murder to me, just an accident. R.I.P. 

Depends  on the  length of   his  male  part , he  was looking for the floor .

And  found it .  RIP .

16 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I stayed there a few years ago when it was new, it was very bright and clean and they changed the linen every day, it was a very clean and nice bright big room with a nice toilet and shower and air.

I did not find it uninviting it was quite laid back, I stayed there for one year.

I don't know why if this man stayed there for a long time that he would not use the toilet which is next to the door that opens to a very small balcony.

What ever happened there is a possibility of foul play, I hope the police reviewed the CCTV, the place used to be very well managed and friendly nice management.

Very sad RIP.

I agree, a quite good place to stay while in Udon. Although the later years after most of the nightlife has moved to the same street its a bit too noisy there for me.