Wrong 90 day report date given to me, I think?

Hi,

I tried online without success to do my 90 day report so I did it by post via EMS.  I think It states that we can report two weeks before or one week after your date.

I entered the country on December 15th, 2016 but notified on March 9th, 2017 as opposed to March 15th. I thought I would get until June 13th which was great because I am leaving the country again on the 12th June.

However, I have been given June 6th. Do I make another 90 day report or leave it until I go through the airport on the 12th June, 2017. I don't want to give them 2,000 baht late report fine for nothing, if it can be avoided.

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Your 90 day report has nothing to do with your permission to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's right,but I have been short changed to so I do same .That way I can do the 90 day & extension same day ,They do make mistakes one has to check before leaving the Immigration office.

13 hours ago, digger70 said:

That's right,but I have been short changed to so I do same .That way I can do the 90 day & extension same day ,They do make mistakes one has to check before leaving the Immigration office.

The way they post was written it did appear he was thinking  it was tied to his permit to stay.

I have never had the next report date done incorrectly.

When my wife or I was doing the reports in person I would do the reports a day or so late to gain a day or two to make up for the 5 day slippage over a year. I have been doing them by mail  since they moved the office further away so it does not matter now. Mailed in a report about a week after I applied for my extension last year.

I was confusing the 90 day report with the rules for renewing extension of stay and that is what was  in my thinking. When you apply a bit early on the extension of stay for one year, they count your date  from your last stamp, so in effect, you don't lose any days by applying early in plenty of time.

I thought provided I was in the window of two weeks before or one week after, that my actual report date would be irrelevant as they would look at my entry date into the country and count 90 days from there.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I was confusing the 90 day report with the rules for renewing extension of stay and that is what was  in my thinking. When you apply a bit early on the extension of stay for one year, they count your date  from your last stamp, so in effect, you don't lose any days by applying early in plenty of time.

I thought provided I was in the window of two weeks before or one week after, that my actual report date would be irrelevant as they would look at my entry date into the country and count 90 days from there.

I  have  always submitted  my  90  day  report application on  or  about or using  the  date of  my last  entry  into  Thailand unless  it is  a  subsequent  application. I always  remove  the  redundant page  requesting to  report as I exit  Thailand. That is  because I once had a  debate  about  which date was  applicable.(90  days after  my  last re  entry ..or the  date to report as stated  on the page still stapled  in  Passport ) Now  if I  am asked where is I say  Passport  control  removed it because  it was not a valid request after exit. And  that is  how  the regulation  states it, not  how  some Immigration staff  interpret.

BTW. The  window  is now   7  days  either  side  of  the 90th  day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

BTW. The  window  is now   7  days  either  side  of  the 90th  day.

Nothing has changed.

It is still within 15 days before and 7 days after the due date.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2017 at 6:19 PM, digger70 said:

Goog Immi officers do that as a matter of course.Shorten the 90day so it is the same day as extension thus saving a trip.

According to Immigrations website your new receipt should be stamped 90 days from expiry date.of the old receipt.

However in practice that rarely happens. They set the stamp date and anyone reporting that day gets the same date stamped.

They would otherwise actually have to calculate 90 days for each individuals report date and adjust the date stamp accordingly.

22 minutes ago, dentonian said:

According to Immigrations website your new receipt should be stamped 90 days from expiry date.of the old receipt.

Where does it say that? No mention of that on this page. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

The 90 days have always been from the date I did the report for every report I have done. It did not matter if I did it before or after the report date.

http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

4 minutes ago, dentonian said:

http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Strange it only says that under reporting by mail. Just wrong information.

If you are concerned about not having it start from the report date you can do it in person exactly on the report date or you can do it up to 7 day after so you get more than 90 day from the report date.

I used to do my reports by mail before the introduction of the online reporting system and my new reporting date was always 90 days from the expiry date of the old receipt.

Online it was always 90 days from the date of approval. Of course I accept that was computer generated and not a manual operation.

Since then they opened a new Immigration office 300 yards from my residence, happy days!

I do everything in person now.

I was merely pointing out to the OP information posted on the Immigration website, re mailing 90 day reports, should he wish to query it with his Immigration office.