Buying a new white color fridge

Destiny1990

Hi,

would like to buy a new fridge here the standard size about 180cm tall and with the freezer section underneath with a small separate door.The problem is i like the fridge to be in a white color and i been to 4 stores already but no shop has such a fridge in a white color just silver black and grey.Sales staff says only mega size american model fridges come in a white color.Does anyone know a shop who does sell such a fridge in a white color.i am a bit surprised as in Europe white color for a fridge is so standard color why is it rarely to buy them here?

This does sound familiar!

The white fridge/freezer in my apartment here in Bangkok failed last week. Reported it to the duty manager and an hour later maintenance were delivering me a new one. As they unpacked it I saw it was grey and wouldn't match the white oven, washer/dryer, cupboards etc. When I asked if they had a white one the answer was no, cannot get white anymore!

I thought this was a bit unlikely sounding but whatever, not costing me anything and I want my milk to be cold for my cereal in the morning so told them to go ahead.

Sounds like they were actually right about lack of white models now then.

It's true that white refrigerators seem to have fallen out of fashion, but they are still available. A search on Home Pro's website gives seven options, some of which have to be pre-ordered. Here is one example 2 DOORS REFRIGERATOR TOSHIBA GR-WG73KDAZ(ZW)21.8Q White INVERTER .

Most have the freezer section on top though, not underneath as specified in the OP.

Sophon

49 minutes ago, Sophon said:

It's true that white refrigerators seem to have fallen out of fashion, but they are still available. A search on Home Pro's website gives seven options, some of which have to be pre-ordered. Here is one example 2 DOORS REFRIGERATOR TOSHIBA GR-WG73KDAZ(ZW)21.8Q White INVERTER .

Most have the freezer section on top though, not underneath as specified in the OP.

Sophon

Out of fashion i'am not sure if that is the reason.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Interesting suggestion may i ask where did u buy the film?

In Homeworks, it looks like teakwood, the same as the whole kitchen.

But i was on the 2nd hand market where they sell everything and more (next to central rattanatibet) and there they sell big rolls of the film they use for whole cars...I guess it's cheaper there but i'm no expert in plastic films.

Also homepro expo had a lot of it last year in impact muang thong thanii.

It's easy to work with, just clean the fridge with Windex, rub the film on with a creditcard (don't leave airbubbles) and that's it.

My latest invention is glueing faux grass, if you want an original fridge you can do that, it comes in many different lengths and isn't expensive, costs the same as that film i guess. 2-300 baht a sq metre.

In chinatown they sell pvc, (i call it faux leather) in ANY color/pattern...that's also easy to glue...thaiwatsadu has glue for that.

Edited by fruitman

18 minutes ago, fruitman said:

In Homeworks, it looks like teakwood, the same as the whole kitchen.

But i was on the 2nd hand market where they sell everything and more (next to central rattanatibet) and there they sell big rolls of the film they use for whole cars...I guess it's cheaper there but i'm no expert in plastic films.

Also homepro expo had a lot of it last year in impact muang thong thanii.

It's easy to work with, just clean the fridge with Windex, rub the film on with a creditcard (don't leave airbubbles) and that's it.

My latest invention is glueing faux grass, if you want an original fridge you can do that, it comes in many different lengths and isn't expensive, costs the same as that film i guess. 2-300 baht a sq metre.

In chinatown they sell pvc, (i call it faux leather) in ANY color/pattern...that's also easy to glue...thaiwatsadu has glue for that.

Thank you will consider the film.