Cabbie fined 2,000 baht for mocking a passenger ugly

webfact

Cabbie fined 2,000 baht for mocking a passenger ugly

2003001.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver was fined 2,000 baht and forced to attend a three-hour course of good public service by the Land Transport Department for mocking a female passenger as ugly and ordering her and her boyfriend out of his car.

The incident took place in front of JJ Green market on Sunday night and was recorded by one of the two passengers using his smart phone. The video clip was live-streamed on the Facebook page of Pinpin Parinya which received over 110,000 views.

Pinpin Parinya began his live-streaming by saying how many taxies they had to hail before they could get one. The first taxi refused to take them, but the second accepted both of them.

Having boarded the taxi, the woman lamented that she hailed several taxis but none agreed to accept her. Then the cabbie interjected: “Because you are ugly, so none of them accepted you!”. And he giggled.

That offensive remark disappointed Pinpin Parinya who blurted: “Why you said that?”

Then the two were chased out of the car and a quarrel broke out followed by a brief fistfight.

Later on, the two lodged a complaint with passengers’ protection call centre at 1584. The cabbie, identified as Somsak Sansak, was detected on Monday and summoned to the inspection division of the Land Transport Department.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabbie-fined-2000-baht-mocking-passenger-ugly/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-21

In any other sane country who value of safety of the public transportation

users this chump will be out of a job and brought to answer charges

of assault and causing a public nuisance, but this is Thailand, where

those values are non existent....

Aren't we going to get to see a photo of the ugly passengers.....Opps sorry...the  Cosmetically challenged passengers.....................:coffee1: 

---------------------------------------

Years ago in Kiwi land---I went  on a 3 day drinking, drugs -and debauchery bender-- , I woke up next to a really f,%$#g ugly woman....... I was so glad  I had manage to make it home safely.

Fist fight with your customers. Stay classy.

If me and my missus get refused a few cabs, she always tells the guy who says yes that taxis before refused us. Taxi drivers always just smile and say that they're different. Which is what this guy should have said. We also always tip nice taxi drivers who drive safely. 

They should have an app where you can review every taxi journey. Get a good score and it's shown on a light on the top of your cab. If you get many complaints, you get the dunce light with a warning. Don't like it then get a new career. 

If you have the time you could turn the game around: 

hail a taxi and then refuse them. "I'm not going where you are going", "Your taxi is too old", "Not enough amulets hanging from rearview mirror", "Smells bad", "Radio too loud"...

25 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

If you have the time you could turn the game around: 

hail a taxi and then refuse them. "I'm not going where you are going", "Your taxi is too old", "Not enough amulets hanging from rearview mirror", "Smells bad", "Radio too loud"...

Hiso neighbours of me do that, they don't accept old taxi's and at night it's not easy to spot them.

The other day we needed a taxi at the mainroad, there was an old taxi waiting there but we hailed a All Thai taxi...the old one drove to us while flashing his lights but i pointed at the ATT taxi showing my thumb up....555

Whats the door number of the taxi? It looks same guy that was deliberately menacing other driver whilst I was passenger the other day, luckily none of the other drivers took the bait.

Didnt put a complaint as picked up near where I live but If W followed by the same two repeated two digit numbers - wont specify exactly for name and shame rules - but if same guy then it's not a one-off day and I will put it in.. 

Hailed a taxi down in Bangkok  Can you take me to Australian embassy? Answer was NO Road is to busy Now can anyone tell me what road is not busy in Bangkok? So i asked the taxi driver you are a taxi driver are you not? That is your job Can anyone tell any other cities in the world where taxi drivers say no when you ask them to take you somewhere? I cant think of any 

33 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Hailed a taxi down in Bangkok  Can you take me to Australian embassy? Answer was NO Road is to busy Now can anyone tell me what road is not busy in Bangkok? So i asked the taxi driver you are a taxi driver are you not? That is your job Can anyone tell any other cities in the world where taxi drivers say no when you ask them to take you somewhere? I cant think of any 

Singapore. Four years ago, I was standing in a taxi rank area outside of a big shopping centre and the next taxi pulled up to me and asked where I was going to. I said Sentosa and he said no go and drove off. The next taxi drove up and asked me where I was going, Sentosa I said and jumped in. We had driven a bit and the taxi driver asked me why the taxi in front of him had not taken me, I told him he refused me.

Long tale, but the taxi I was in, asked for my contact details as he was going to lodge a complaint against the other taxi for refusing me.

Four months later I received a phone call from the Taxi man, there had been a hearing, the taxi driver who had refused me, on the grounds it was his knock off time and my destination was too far.

The offending taxi lost his license to ever drive a taxi again.

In Singapore it is a serious offense not to accept a passenger. Thailand however, well lets just say nobody gives a toot.

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

That used to drive me absolutely crazy. About the only time the roads in BKK aren't busy is 2-4 am. I used taxis every day in BKK and found so many drivers to be complete buffaloes. Go back to Issan if you don't want traffic.

I'll never understand why they don't just drive passengers from A to B. They should keep their gobs shut unless spoken to or at least try to have a normal, civilized conversation.