Prayut vows to buy submarines, says he can get 3-for-2 deal

webfact

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Buy 2 get 1 free    :cheesy:

This is a serious matter, spending billions on toys for the boys, not shopping in Tesco.

...as they say...if it sounds to good..Hey,maybe he's buying those Sub's at Lotus after all..toys that he and his Military friends can "toy"with..whithout spending to much money..Have a good day everyone ;-)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Good job Khun Prayuth .....   the running and maintenance will create hundreds if not thousands of jobs for the Navy and third party suppliers.

:jap:

Not to mention dozens of millionaires in the armed forces. 

:intheclub:

Total waste of the public purse , as mentioned the maintenance cost alone will make these 2 + 3rd one free another white elephant acquisition, also another leg in for China with a favor of two down the track if they take a free Sub...........................................:coffee1:

10 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

As would of new schools, hospitals........  never mind.

These people think backwards, the Military first then everything else will follow , as U can C it works very well.............................:cheesy:

Why? What's he going to do? Faff around in the Gulf of Thailand looking at all the garbage. Invest the money for some proper highway patrol cars for the roads, driven by professional and uncorrupt policeman who will apply the law and save lives.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Why? What's he going to do? Faff around in the Gulf of Thailand looking at all the garbage. Invest the money for some proper highway patrol cars for the roads, driven by professional and uncorrupt policeman who will apply the law and save lives.

Something wrong with your post, certainly one could buy some new cars but where are you going to find the professional, incorruptible policemen to drive them? 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday he will approve the purchase of two submarines from China when the matter reaches the Cabinet.

Why even bother to reach the cabinet, he can approve the purchase right here right now. The power of the big D.....ick.

26 minutes ago, chainarong said:

These people think backwards, the Military first then everything else will follow , as U can C it works very well.............................:cheesy:

Yes ,  similar to the US & Australia ....   defence $ tops them all ..

Frankly I wouldnt want to be in a crew forced to man a bargain basement submarine.  Better to pay full price and get something that doesnt sink (unintentionally).

Has P considered operational costs, maintenance etc... those Chinese are wiley businessmen and never give anything away for free - except to mugs.

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

I have never seen it mentioned, but does Thai Navy have any skilled submariners ? So who the hell is going to crew these subs ?  Maybe bring in some foreigners to teach them ? Doubt they will ever go to sea.

Prayut is nothing if not observant, he's seen all these policemen strutting about with submariners badges and realised that instead of sending miscreants to inactive positions he can use them to crew the subs. What's that you say?  - "They're parachutists badges!!!" - No matter, same same!!!

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

I have never seen it mentioned, but does Thai Navy have any skilled submariners ? So who the hell is going to crew these subs ?  Maybe bring in some foreigners to teach them ? Doubt they will ever go to sea.

Thailand does indeed have a submarine squadron of about 100 officers in Sattahip, but sadly no toys for them to play with. It may be the case that the Chinese navy will provide training as part of the deal. However, this might prove to be difficult because  the officers may be loathe to suspend playing golf on the 4 military  courses in the Sattahip area.

Just now, joebrown said:

Thailand does indeed have a submarine squadron of about 100 officers in Sattahip, but sadly no toys for them to play with. It may be the case that the Chinese navy will provide training as part of the deal. However, this might prove to be difficult because  the officers may be loathe to suspend playing golf on the 4 military  courses in the Sattahip area.

really they have their own golf courses?  presumably they were once artillery ranges with holes now filled in with sand

56 minutes ago, alant said:

That's a blast from the past. I had one of those, maybe as a freebie with a comic?

Here's an eco-version I had as well.

Try to keep the vids under wraps. Mr Prayuth will be buying up all the baking powder and wondering where to get a large enough bottle to wrap around his subs.

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

There may be something in Thai DNA regarding "buy 1 get 1" irresistible force they cannot walk away from.  When shopping with the wife, seeing "buy 1 get 1" pulls her in like a black hole. Reasonable me asks such silly questions as "Do we need this stuff?" and "Would you use it?" etc. The answer: "It's buy 1 get 1!!!!"

Forget vaccines against Ebola, AIDS, dengue. If they could vaccinate against this mental quirk, they'd be doing a great public service

That reminds me of a mate a couple of yeas ago when shopping in Big C , his TW picked up " Buy 2 get 2 free " tins of cat food . When he saw them in the cart he said " We don't have a cat " she replied " We could get one on the way home "  True.

The first sub has been ordered and paid for B 13 bn and guess what the universal health care budget has been decreased by ....... drum roll B 13 BN. Yet the clowns say they want to improve living conditions of the people and want to make the country a high income country in 20 years. READ MY LIPS BUYING SUBS DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE COUNTRY BECOMING A HIGH INCOME COUNTRY - IT IS AND WILL BE A STRAIN ON THE BUDGET FOR DECADES TO COME. Yes I was shouting - out of frustration. My rant for the week.

I wonder what the deployment plan is? There is the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea.

2 in the Gulf and 1 in the Sea? Or a rapid deployment force in the Gulf, at the ready to navigate under water around Singapore and up the Malacca.

I would be totally flabbered if Captain Somchai managed to "dive dive dive" off Pattaya and "Surface surface surface" in Ranong. There are more than a few things that could possibly go wrong.

In south East Asia , Thailand is the only country to have Aircraft carrier. Correct me if I am wrong. And Never been used to its full capacity. 

So now buying 03 submarines with the precious money of Tax Payer's is not a valid idea. Does Thailand really needs submarines as Andaman Sea is safer always due to presence of American Fleet nearby. 

My suggestion that Thailand to invest this money in Health, Education and Water Management. 

38 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Yes ,  similar to the US & Australia ....   defence $ tops them all ..

At least the US defence industry gets the cash, providing profits and a little employment, dunno where Australia gets its whiz-bangs from. 

Giving the Chinese a large wad of hard earned forex does seem a total waste, unless it is tied in with some Chinese deals such as infrastructure spending.

12 minutes ago, travelman said:

In south East Asia , Thailand is the only country to have Aircraft carrier. Correct me if I am wrong. And Never been used to its full capacity. 

So now buying 03 submarines with the precious money of Tax Payer's is not a valid idea. Does Thailand really needs submarines as Andaman Sea is safer always due to presence of American Fleet nearby. 

My suggestion that Thailand to invest this money in Health, Education and Water Management. 

Also the blimp for surveillance and GT200 detector. Not use in any South East Asia countries. Amazing Thailand and their generals.

13 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Reminds me of my wife.  Buy 1 get 1.  We don't even need "1" of whatever it is to begin with, what the he!! we going to do with 2.  :post-4641-1156693976:

I found that applies particularly to babies.

"Oh darling, we have one, wouldn't it be nice to have another one?".