Cost of vice to skyrocket - cigarettes and soapy massage charges expected to rise dramatically!

webfact

Cost of vice to skyrocket - cigarettes and soapy massage charges expected to rise dramatically!

1pm1.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The Thai press - seeking clarification of new excise regulations - have reported that the cost of smoking and massage is to rise.

Sanook.com reported that the cost of lighting up is likely to increase by as much as five baht per cigarette.

Excise charges on bathing at massage parlors is set to go up by 1,000 baht a time.

Chief of the excise department Somchai Phoonsawat was trying to explain what the new ceilings previously announced meant as he accepted there was some confusion from the public.

But after his explanations there was still those who were perplexed by what it all meant. Exactly how the new arrangements would impact the costs to the public were still shrouded in jargon.

However, sanook.com screamed in a headline that smokers were being fleeced and people going for a soapy bath session would have to pay a lot more.

The changes to the excise gathering arrangements have been announced in the Royal Gazette and will become law or begin to become law after a 180 day period has passed.

The new laws will also have an effect on alcohol prices and the prices of playing cards.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-22

Thank god that I don't smoke, drink moderately and haven't been to any of those "soapy" places in years. Next will be diet to cut the down on the sugar tax and use my bicycle more... I have gained a lot over the last couple of years so I need both the exercise and the diet anyway. :)

Anyway, I know of 3 of these soapy massage places (up country) that has already closed down after the coupe, it's not by going there myself I know about is, it's because my Thai friends are complaining about it as there has been maybe 1 or 2 places like that in the entire province. Now my friends goes on to the "resorts" instead... cheaper and parking just outside the door.

• Like 1

When was the last price rise for a (Balm-oil) massage , honestly I do not think in the last 15-20 years...it has been some thing that has amazed me the way its kept its price over the years......soapy don't know only been to Ann's so long ago that cant remember the price...just remember staggering out of there thinking-----wow that was worth it, must do that again---but moved to Issan---a few less choices here.............:coffee1:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Thank god that I don't smoke, drink moderately and haven't been to any of those "soapy" places in years. Next will be diet to cut the down on the sugar tax and use my bicycle more... I have gained a lot over the last couple of years so I need both the exercise and the diet anyway. :)

Anyway, I know of 3 of these soapy massage places (up country) that has already closed down after the coupe, it's not by going there myself I know about is, it's because my Thai friends are complaining about it as there has been maybe 1 or 2 places like that in the entire province. Now my friends goes on to the "resorts" instead... cheaper and parking just outside the door.

Every man for himself.
Cycling is too dangerous for me here, as a sport to reduce weight.
I prefer the
soapy massages as places for exercise than.
Is certainly more expensive in the long run, but is also healthy.
:post-4641-1156694572:

I foresee a great future for Thailands neighbours if these new laws are legal.

Also King Power will get vely busy.

Maybe i'll even start smoking tobacco from the market for 80 baht a kg.

But let's face it, they even can't control the yaba or trafficoffenders so small chance they can enforce those new laws.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

These two short words sum it up quite accurately. Yet I could think of more two-word combinations that'd shed additional light on the situation...

banana republic

inept government

financial mismanagement

empty coffers

factual bankruptcy  

Thai Land... ?

• Like 2