Key U.S. Democrat cites 'profound doubt' about Intelligence panel Trump probe

webfact

Key U.S. Democrat cites 'profound doubt' about Intelligence panel Trump probe

REUTERS

r15.jpg

House Intelligence Committee ranking Democrat Adam Schiff (D-CA) reacts to Committee Chairman Devin Nunes statements about surveillance of U.S. President Trump and his staff as well as his visit to the White House, as Schiff holds a news conference at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, U.S., March 22, 2017. REUTERS/Jim Bourg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top Democrat on the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee said on Wednesday that actions by the committee's chairman cast "profound doubt" on its ability to conduct a reliable investigation of potential ties between President Donald Trump's campaign and Russia.

"This is not how you conduct an investigation. You don't take information that the committee hasn't seen and present it orally to the press and to the White House before the committee has a chance to vet whether it's even significant," U.S. Representative Adam Schiff told a news conference.

Republican Representative Devin Nunes, the committee's chairman, told reporters earlier on Wednesday that an anonymous source had provided him with information that communications by associates of Trump and possibly Trump himself had been swept up during routine surveillance.

(Reporting by Patricia Zengerle; Editing by Jonathan Oatis)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-03-23

CNN reporting collusion found between Russia and Trump's staff during the election. If true, I wonder if the whole administration can be removed and Clinton placed in the White House as an impeachment of just the president would not right the wrong.

3 hours ago, kamahele said:

CNN reporting collusion found between Russia and Trump's staff during the election. If true, I wonder if the whole administration can be removed and Clinton placed in the White House as an impeachment of just the president would not right the wrong.

I like that phrase righting the wrong. Unfortunately the odds are mostly against it. It seems that we are at a point of no return phase. Best I can do I lost the rest of my Taro cards. 

12 hours ago, kamahele said:

if Trump is removed from office the VP becomes president, if both then the speaker of the House .Then the president pro tempore of the Senate and if all fails  the white-house gardener  .

Hillary would become President when hell freezes over. or marries the gardener. LOL 

This is becoming beyond farce!

It's so embarrassing for the Americans I know whatever their political views.

There seems to be no sense of shame, no commen decency.

Seems we must look to Europe to carry the light for liberal democracy now.

On 3/24/2017 at 5:36 AM, sirineou said:

if Trump is removed from office the VP becomes president, if both then the speaker of the House .Then the president pro tempore of the Senate and if all fails  the white-house gardener  .

Hillary would become President when hell freezes over. or marries the gardener. LOL 

Yes, Pence would become President if Trump were impeached.  And as much as I find Pence's views on a number of issues unpalatable, at least he appears to be an honest and decent human being.  Which is more than I can say for Trump. 

It appears that Nunes was present at a clandestine meeting with Flynn and other shady characters.  The meeting was to arrange a kidnapping of a Turk who has a Green Card.  Turkey's Erdogan conspired with Flynn to have the Turk forcefully returned to Turkey.  Flynn was/is a paid agent of Turkey's.  If Nunes was at the meeting, he should immediately recuse himself from any Trump campaign investigation, because Flynn was embedded in the campaign.   I predict calls for Nunes to recuse or resign will be part of next week's headlines.   Nunes is also under a cloud for other reasons, not least; illegally running to Trump with news that he (Nunes) didn't even share with fellow committee members, as he's obliged to do.

11 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Yes, Pence would become President if Trump were impeached.  And as much as I find Pence's views on a number of issues unpalatable, at least he appears to be an honest and decent human being.  Which is more than I can say for Trump. 

No, Pence is not honest. He has covered for the doofus POTUS many times with cover-ups and falsehoods. Pence was there for vetting many of the administration staff members including Flynn. Either he knew what what going on or he is extremely inept. I consider him deceitful and immoral. He can be just as bad as Conway with the dodge, spin and pivot.

Rachel Maddow Calls Out Mike Pence For Lying That He Knew Nothing Of Flynn's Turkish Connection

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/11/1642516/-Rachel-Maddow-Calls-Out-Mike-Pence-For-Lying-That-He-Knew-Nothing-Of-Flynn-s-Turkish-Connection

Granted, I would rather having Pence than the doofus we have now in the POTUS position but there are many better qualified Republicans to choose from. I actually hope the entire administration including Pence goes down in flames with impeachments and hearings. Time to clean out the whole terrible mess they created.

38 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

It appears that Nunes was present at a clandestine meeting with Flynn and other shady characters.  The meeting was to arrange a kidnapping of a Turk who has a Green Card.  Turkey's Erdogan conspired with Flynn to have the Turk forcefully returned to Turkey.  Flynn was/is a paid agent of Turkey's.  If Nunes was at the meeting, he should immediately recuse himself from any Trump campaign investigation, because Flynn was embedded in the campaign.   I predict calls for Nunes to recuse or resign will be part of next week's headlines.   Nunes is also under a cloud for other reasons, not least; illegally running to Trump with news that he (Nunes) didn't even share with fellow committee members, as he's obliged to do.

Agree that Nunes has no business chairing this committee.  But if he resigns, the GOP leadership would just install another Republican lackey.  So sad.

23 minutes ago, Silurian said:

No, Pence is not honest. He has covered for the doofus POTUS many times with cover-ups and falsehoods. Pence was there for vetting many of the administration staff members including Flynn. Either he knew what what going on or he is extremely inept. I consider him deceitful and immoral. He can be just as bad as Conway with the dodge, spin and pivot.

Rachel Maddow Calls Out Mike Pence For Lying That He Knew Nothing Of Flynn's Turkish Connection

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/11/1642516/-Rachel-Maddow-Calls-Out-Mike-Pence-For-Lying-That-He-Knew-Nothing-Of-Flynn-s-Turkish-Connection

Granted, I would rather having Pence than the doofus we have now in the POTUS position but there are many better qualified Republicans to choose from. I actually hope the entire administration including Pence goes down in flames with impeachments and hearings. Time to clean out the whole terrible mess they created.

Can't say I disagree with you.  Both Trump and Pence are, shall we say, bad for the nation.  But whereas Pence is just bad, Trump is off-the-charts bad.  The country may never recover. 

Yet, NOne gives credit to the fact that ALL these people were doing ALL these things on a regular basis BEFORE Trump won and NOone cared.

Why don't we get an independent committee together and start digging up ALL the dirt on every politician currently sitting in DC? Bet you'd see some rats jumping ship then.

These are the days when we need a modern J. Edger Hoover. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Yet, NOne gives credit to the fact that ALL these people were doing ALL these things on a regular basis BEFORE Trump won and NOone cared.

Why don't we get an independent committee together and start digging up ALL the dirt on every politician currently sitting in DC? Bet you'd see some rats jumping ship then.

Actually, not true.  No previous administration had contacts with hostile foreign powers.  No previous administration had lied this much.  No previous administration has had to fire their national security advisor within the first month in office.  No previous administration has had as many family members messing around in the White House.  No previous administration has had this low of a an approval rating.  No previous administration has failed so quickly with their efforts.  Etc, etc, etc, etc.

And yes, people care.  Now and before.

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Actually, not true.  No previous administration had contacts with hostile foreign powers.  No previous administration had lied this much.  No previous administration has had to fire their national security advisor within the first month in office.  No previous administration has had as many family members messing around in the White House.  No previous administration has had this low of a an approval rating.  No previous administration has failed so quickly with their efforts.  Etc, etc, etc, etc.

And yes, people care.  Now and before.

Is it too early to talk about re-election?  :smile:

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Europe couldn't get it right in thousands of years. Seems you owe the states a few more years  trying. :thumbsup:

The enlightenment? The renaissance? What on earth are you talking about. You've been in charge for the last 75 years and going backwards! I've got news for you - civilised countries have a proper health service. Shocking isn't it!

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The enlightenment? The renaissance? What on earth are you talking about. You've been in charge for the last 75 years and going backwards! I've got news for you - civilised countries have a proper health service. Shocking isn't it!

You don't like Obamacare?

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Doing what things exactly? Things that have anything to do with the subject of this thread?

7 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

No fair saying "....no one cared."    For at least 20 months, a multitude of anti-Trump voices have been making noises here on T.Visa and many other venues.   During all that time, Trumpsters had their heads stuck in the sand, saying things like, "we need change" "Trump is from outside the beltway" "Trump is a great businessman and deal-maker" "Trump is smart."   

Now, all but the most die-hard redneck Trump fans are seeing the light, that Trump has been a failing businessman, he's not smart, he hired very rich, corrupt and highly inept people, on and on. 

J.Edgar Hoover would probably not be good to lead an investigation.  It's likely, because he's a hard core conservative, that he would side with Trump's people.  Hoover was also a dirty player.  For example; he dug dirt on Martin Luther King in order to try and shut him down.  It didn't work.  I think we need a smart fearless person like young versions of Ralph Nader or Carl Bernstein to find out what really went on between Trumpsters and Russians and Turks, and whomever else.   Hoover would be like Nunes, .....running to the Oval Office every day to try and shield Trumpsters as much as possible.

On 3/27/2017 at 3:42 AM, Berkshire said:

I have to agree with you

Pence's ideology is diametrically opposed to mine  but he appears to be a decent person, and that's all anyone can ask, everything else is debatable. What he is doing associating with Tramp is beyond me, certainly a flaw in  his character.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have to agree with you

Pence's ideology is diametrically opposed to mine  but he appears to be a decent person, and that's all anyone can ask, everything else is debatable. What he is doing associating with Tramp is beyond me, certainly a flaw in  his character.

Pence hitched his ride to the clown train as he knew that was the only way he was going to ever get into the White House. Pence on his own would never had made it past the primaries in a Presidential election. He sold his soul to the devil for a chance at the White House. It appears to have paid off for him. Now he has to deal with being deceitful and immoral but it doesn't appear to be bothering him too much. He seems to be able to slide into the slime pit along with everyone else.

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have to agree with you

I don't know about decent. The difference seems to be that when it comes to Pence, there are familiar reference points making dialogue and even some cooperation a possibility. With Trump....not so much?

On 3/29/2017 at 7:59 AM, Silurian said:

Pence hitched his ride to the clown train as he knew that was the only way he was going to ever get into the White House. Pence on his own would never had made it past the primaries in a Presidential election. He sold his soul to the devil for a chance at the White House. It appears to have paid off for him. Now he has to deal with being deceitful and immoral but it doesn't appear to be bothering him too much. He seems to be able to slide into the slime pit along with everyone else.

Yea before Trump Most people outside Indians , which is most people in the world , had never heard of him.

He is an Ideologue and he knew that if you want to dance you must go to the dance, and Trump    was  his only way to go to the dance.  He wanted to get to the dance so much , like you said "he sold his soul to the devil.

I bet a calculated risk on his part and unless Trump does well , which does not look likely,a risk that I am afraid will not pay off for him, and he will be known for ever as the A-hols's  side kick.