Tourist Visa into Retirement Visa

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your best option may be to go to Penang or Savannakhet to apply for a single entry non-o visa for being over 50 for retirement. They will want proof of the 800k baht in the bank and proof your are retired. Many people have used a income letter showing any amount of income to prove they are retired. A statement that you are retired done at your embassy will also be accepted.

Or may be transfer another 800K if you have it handy.

31 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Does that mean there are two bank letters required for conversion into non-o, one to confirm the account balance exceeds 800K like the ones for annual extensions, plus another one to show the transaction detail when money arrived from abroad?

Two letters are needed unless the bank can show both requirements in one letter. Most banks have templates they use for each letter.

• 6 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 5:53 AM, wgdanson said:

But once you are here must it be in Thai bank?

My 800K will never see a Thai bank. People in the USA have gotten O-A visas using statements of their investment accounts. Next time I will try it. My first O-A is based on my Ally bank savings account where I keep around 25K for emergency purposes. 

• Confused 1